Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old September 20th, 2010, 02:50 AM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!
Giant Dragon-sized Phoenix figure

I found this figure at Michael's Arts & Craft store this evening when we were picking up things for my daughter's birthday party. It was $9.99 and it was located between the toy/puzzle section and Spanish Mission/Projects section. I thought I would post this for other custom unit creators. I haven't done anything to the figure yet, what you see is how it comes (minus standing on the large Heroscape base).

I have created a rough draft army card that will need a bit of play testing to get the actual point cost correct. I haven't glued it to a base yet, but you can see the figure standing really well, and it will easily fit on a (Mimring/Grimnak) base.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old September 20th, 2010, 03:21 AM

jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker jahosaphat knows what's in an order marker
Re: Giant Dragon-sized Phoenix figure

a phoenix is a good addition to heroscape, and i love the sculpt way more than DnD's
Old September 20th, 2010, 07:37 AM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

The figure itself looks great. The card might need some work. Considering Aquilla means "bird", I would let that general have it.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old September 20th, 2010, 07:58 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Love it!

Thanks for the comparison shot too. This will make a fantastic custom.
Old September 20th, 2010, 09:13 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

I had seen that and had considered picking one up.

The one thing I was concerned with was its wing-spread. Have you used it on different maps to see how well it fits? Even Nilfheim gets difficult to place on some crowded maps.

Please let us know how well it fits on tighter maps; I for one might pick one up if it fits well.
Old September 20th, 2010, 09:30 AM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
I had seen that and had considered picking one up.

The one thing I was concerned with was its wing-spread. Have you used it on different maps to see how well it fits? Even Nilfheim gets difficult to place on some crowded maps.

Please let us know how well it fits on tighter maps; I for one might pick one up if it fits well.
You're right about the Nilheim compasrison on size, is is very Nilfheim-ish. I haven't got the chance to try it in a alot of different places on a map, but it will fit on a 7-hex sized castle wall/tower with battlements. I will also fit on to a two hex wide bridge with bridge-walls--because if it is mounted just right, the Phoenix's tail can actually fit/hang over the bridge wall.

Later tonight, I'll try to take some more picture in different positions. Due to this (space limitation like Nilfheim), perhaps it should have a Special Range attack, or normal range of 4 (and lower the card's attack value). I wanted it to have a 4 range, 4 attack Fire Storm attack--like DW9000's Explosion, but it was too much text in the special ability section of the card.

And Wookie, I like the Aquilla idea. I choose Einar because of the connection to Roman and Greek mythology, but I'll think about the shift to Aquilla...

Hymar's_Temple

Last edited by 1moreheroscaper; September 20th, 2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old September 20th, 2010, 12:36 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You'll need to expand on Fire Resistant, specifying each ability that doesn't affect him. Just saying fire attacks is referencing a nonexisting attribute, and will get confusing and muddled.

Also I like him with Einar. It looks imperial and has the mythology connections. I don't think this thing would do very well in the swampy jungles of Ticalla. I picture him in a high tower of Einar's golden castle.

Old September 20th, 2010, 05:04 PM

DeathByUtgar Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreheroscaper View Post

two things, first NICE FIND. sencond... is that a leifkicker "Demon Gate," and "Demon Orb" in the background?

U.S Marines allowing enemies of the U.S a chance to die for their country since 1775.
my modest custom units and terrain
Old September 20th, 2010, 05:21 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Picked this guy up at lunch today. The figure looks fantastic next to the other huge dragons.
Old September 20th, 2010, 05:22 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathByUtgar View Post
two things, first NICE FIND. sencond... is that a leifkicker "Demon Gate," and "Demon Orb" in the background?
I recognize the Demon Gate, I didn't see the Demon Orb though. Good eye.

Old September 20th, 2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreheroscaper View Post

Yes it is. I have a lot of leifkicker custom terrain. Maybe that is what I will feature when I show how well the Phoenix can fit in tight-little areas.

Hymar's_Temple
Old September 20th, 2010, 10:21 PM

DeathByUtgar Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Quote:
I recognize the Demon Gate, I didn't see the Demon Orb though. Good eye.
only I can look at a pheonix and see demons in the background

U.S Marines allowing enemies of the U.S a chance to die for their country since 1775.
my modest custom units and terrain

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards