Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old March 17th, 2019, 04:44 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Public Design Workshop

@A3n do you have Fatal Five drafts?
Old March 17th, 2019, 08:00 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I do....

EMERALD EMPRESS
Spoiler Alert!

THAROK
Spoiler Alert!

PERSUADER
Spoiler Alert!

MANO
Spoiler Alert!

VALIDUS
Spoiler Alert!
Old March 17th, 2019, 08:48 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Solid.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 17th, 2019, 10:03 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I do....
Awesome, thanks! It looks like you had a lot of the same ideas I did, so it's good to see I'm not totally off-base.

GENERAL THOUGHTS
-I don't really know what to do for synergy. The thing is, they're a pretty tight-knit group, so I don't really know if they should have that much open-ended synergy. Originally I thought about keying them around a Fatal personality, but that's stupid. Vengeful, Relentless, and Creature isn't that big of a pool, but I do think it would be weird to have Wolverine on their team. There have been a few member substitutions over the years though.
-One thought I had was giving them all special attacks and giving Tharok a power that keyed into those. That feels like it captures the theme of "crazy powerful cosmic criminals" but that doesn't really solve the open membership problem.
-I think what I'd go for right now, personally, is keeping them free of hard synergy but giving them lots of soft reasons to want to work together.

EMERALD EMPRESS
-Does Telepath work for her as a class? I'm honestly not sure.
-The newer Empress mini has the Eye on a separate base than can attach to hers. It would certainly be more complex, but it could be cool to treat the Eye as a DO that somehow works with the actual Empress card. Idk, just an idea.

THAROK
-I'd class him as a Cyborg and give him Cybernetic Repair X.

PERSUADER
-I dig this take. I was debating whether he should have more of the goofy "cutting metaphorical forces" stuff, but I feel like your take has a good balance on that.

MANO
-Is Mano particularly acrobatic? I remember him being fast, but not leaping all over the place.
-Should he have the Environmental Suit power? He does wear one, but I don't really think it comes into play during fights. It's just his outfit he wears.

VALIDUS
-Here's what I had;
Spoiler Alert!

-OM removal makes sense to me as a mechanic for a Legion enemy.
-I think his attack/defense should be really high. He's at least Kryptonian level.
Old March 19th, 2019, 01:55 PM
Just A Head

NAME = EMERALD EMPRESS
SECRET IDENTITY = SARYA

SPECIES = VENGARAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SCOURGE
PERSONALITY = VENGEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = ~400

EMERALD EYE OF EKRON
Start the game with the green Eye Marker on this card. At the start of each round if the Eye Marker is not on this card you may place it back on this card. If the Eye Marker is not on this card, subtract 4 from Emerald Empress’ Attack and Defense values and she may not use any other powers on this Army Card. If Emerald Empress would receive one or more wounds and the Eye Marker is on this card, remove the Eye Marker and Emerald Empress receives no damage.

EMERALD ENERGY BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 7. Attack 8 + Special.
Subtract one die from this special attack for each space between Emerald Empress and the defending figure.

FATAL FIVE LEADERSHIP
All other [Fatal Five Members] you control move one additional space.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Last edited by MrNobody; March 19th, 2019 at 03:35 PM.
Old March 19th, 2019, 03:13 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Interesting draft.

For the special attack, I think you want 8 + Special there.

For the last power, I'm guessing the [Fatal Five] is a placeholder until you figure out how to group them?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 19th, 2019, 03:30 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Interesting draft.
It's mostly A3n's work, just edited a little bit.
Quote:
For the special attack, I think you want 8 + Special there.
Good point. Consider it edited.
Quote:
For the last power, I'm guessing the [Fatal Five] is a placeholder until you figure out how to group them?
Yeah that's the plan.

I'm coming around to A3n's system, but I'd probably change it to key off personalities (Vengeful, Relentless, Angry?) or classes (Criminal, Scourge, Creature?)

I'm not sure it's entirely correct that they lose their movement boost if the eye is depowered, but I think you can justify it as a loss of motivation/inspiration.
Old March 19th, 2019, 05:35 PM

Or distraction, maybe? Eye's lost, they get caught rubbernecking.

Old March 21st, 2019, 01:44 PM
Just A Head

Quote:

NAME = THAROK
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = ZADRONIAN/CYBORG
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = TREACHEROUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM ?

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ~250?

FATAL STRATEGIST
At the start of the game, place a yellow Fatal Five Marker on Tharok and up to 4 other figures you control that have the class of Criminal, Creature, or Scourge. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with Tharok, you may take a turn with up to 3 figures you control with a Fatal Five Marker on their card. Tharok may be one of the chosen figures. During these turns, those figures may not move and can only attack with special attacks.

CYBERNETIC ARMAMENTS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1 + Special. Attack 4 + Special.
Before attacking with this special attack, choose one of the following effects, or remove an ‘X’ Order Marker from this card to choose both of the following effects:
  • add 4 to the Range of this special attack; or
  • add 2 to the Attack of this special attack.

CYBERNETIC REPAIR X
At the end of the round, if you reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card, remove one Wound Marker from each Army Card you control with the Cybernetic Repair X special power.

SUPER STRENGTH
So here's what I'm thinking for Tharok. He'd be the main synergy hub for the F5 but other than that he's not too crazy.

For a vague distribution of points, here's what I'm thinking;
Emerald Empress: 380
Validus: 420
Persuader: 290
Mano: 260
Tharok: 250
Total: 1600
Old March 25th, 2019, 11:24 AM
Just A Head

Quote:

NAME = NIGHT THRASHER
SECRET IDENTITY = DWAYNE TAYLOR

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = DEDICATED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

NEW WARRIORS A
At the start of the game, choose a personality. After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Crime Fighter you control and taking a turn with that Crime Fighter, you may take a turn with another Crime Fighter you control that is either Dedicated or has your chosen personality, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

NEW WARRIORS B
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Crime Fighter you control and taking a turn with that Crime Fighter, you may reveal an Order Marker on another Crime Fighter you control to take a turn with that figure, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

ESCRIMA ASSAULT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3.
Choose up to two figures to attack. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. After attacking with this special attack, Night Thrasher may attack with this special attack one additional time.

BULLETPROOF SUIT
If a non-adjacent figure targets Night Thrasher for an attack and rolls 2 or fewer skulls, you may ignore that attack.
Taking a break from the F5 for a second, New Warriors is another item that's on my C3G bucket list, and we already have 1/3 of the OG team (Speedball, Firestar) and a few of the later members/allies (Notably Ben Reilly and Dagger as Crime Fighters)

I have 2 versions of a New Warriors power listed here, just because I couldn't pick between the two.

Version A is designed to make Night Thrasher want to play with his thematic New Warriors allies. I think the OG team could all be fit into the boxes of either Dedicated or Reckless, but you could also try a personality other than Reckless if you wanted to bring in some of their other allies.

Version B is more about capturing the youthful "Heroes for the 90's" feel of the team with mechanics similar to the TMNT. However, it wouldn't really keep Dwayne here from wanting to pick Spidey or Blue Beetle over his thematic teammates.
Old March 25th, 2019, 11:49 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

That's a cool take - like the reuse on his "workhorse" powers.

I like that the New Warriors we have so far are mostly Crime Fighters so I think it would be cool to just key in on that. I like the personality stuff - I think you're right to key into Reckless and Dedicated, that's the New Warriors to a T - but I think keeping it a lighter touch would work. So like a middle ground between those two... maybe this?

NEW WARRIORS
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Crime Fighter you control and taking a turn with that Crime Fighter, you may remove an Order Marker from the card of another Crime Fighter you control to take a turn with that figure, adding 1 to its Attack number if it has a Reckless personality. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

And to rope in Dedicated... maybe put this on a Justice card? I tweaked the New Warriors power above to REMOVE OMs from the Crime Fighters taking a turn, so you can activate Reckless figures without messing up the solidarity.

DEDICATED SOLIDARITY
As long as all of your revealed Order Markers are on Unique Dedicated Heroes, they add 1 to their Defense numbers.

That could be really cool - I've wanted to bring in the New Warriors for a long time but never had a good starting point. The TMNT style bonding is perfect for them. Good call!
Old March 25th, 2019, 11:50 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Personally I'd just go with the 2nd one. Those who really want to play the thematically correct team can do so, and you can try to encourage that by having the team form up at a team point level (800, 1000, 1200). Everyone else can still use the figures in randomly constructed armies featuring crime fighters.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy