Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old February 11th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
SirG's Customs *NEW* Mr. Terrific added 8/21

MISTER TERRIFIC - DC
Spoiler Alert!

GAMORA - MARVEL
Spoiler Alert!

CROSSBONES - MARVEL
Spoiler Alert!

STRONG GUY - MARVEL
Spoiler Alert!

FIREFLY - DC
Spoiler Alert!

DESTINY - MARVEL
Spoiler Alert!

TRAPSTER - MARVEL
Spoiler Alert!

DUM DUM DUGAN - MARVEL (NM24)
Spoiler Alert!

MAGMA - MARVEL
Spoiler Alert!

FIXER - MARVEL
Spoiler Alert!

FATALITY - DC
Spoiler Alert!

ROYAL FLUSH GANG - DC
Spoiler Alert!

GHOST RIDER - MARVEL (NM24)
Spoiler Alert!

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS

Last edited by SirGalahad; August 29th, 2010 at 05:08 PM. Reason: new custom updated
Old February 11th, 2010, 11:40 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: SirGalahad's Custom (singular for now)

Looks pretty cool. I love the picture.

For Hellfire Chain Special Attack, you might want to put a limit on how much higher or lower the target can be, otherwise he could chain a figure 40 levels high. See the new Drow Chain Warrior for wording.

For Hellfire Cycle, I'm not clear how the two-levels thing works. Is it two levels of change total for the entire movement, or two levels per hex? So can he use it to go over a "stair" of hexes each 2 higher than the previous? Also, you may want to word this like Flying where it can be done instead of his normal move. That way you have the option to use Hellfire Cycle, or to move normally. Or was that intentional?

You may also want to consider making his species Undead, for possible synergies with existing figures.
Old February 11th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post

GHOST RIDER
JOHNNY BLAZE

SUPERNATURAL (I kinda like it, but Undead or Demon would be more fun with current and future synergies)
UNIQUE HERO
VIGILANTE (How about Reaver?)
VENGEFUL
LARGE 6

Life: 6
Move: 9
Range: 1
Attack: 5
Defense: 5

210 POINTS

Hellfire Chain Special Attack
Range 3. Attack 2.
When attacking with Hellfire Chain Special Attack, each skull rolled counts as one additional hit.

Penance Stare 13
After moving and before attacking you may choose a small or medium figure adjacent to Ghost Rider. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, you may remove one unrevealed order marker from that figure’s army card. ( I think that I would rather see him be able to negate figures abilities to roll Defense dice.)

Hellfire Cycle
When counting spaces for Ghost Rider’s movement, ignore elevation increases of up to two levels. Ghost Rider may MOVE over water without stopping.

SuperStrength Symbol
What do you think about those changes?

Good job btw.
Old February 11th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool stuff!
I agree with GreyOwl about going Undead for his species (plus Supernatural doesn't really seem like a species, per say ...).
I'm also not crazy about Vigilante as a class.
The stats and powers are looking pretty good to me.
My only suggestion is to take a page from Silver Surfer's Cosmic Force Blast Special Attack for Penance Stare and make it "remove one unrevealed order marker at random"

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 12th, 2010, 04:24 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Ghost Rider is NOT an Undead! Both Johnny Blaze and Dan Ketch are alive! Still! I think? But they definitely were when they were Ghost Rider! He is a Demon though, so I think Griff was on to something there. For class, I like Spirit of Vengeance.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old February 12th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

I wrestled with "Supernatural" because, like Spidey says, Johnny isn't really dead, just temporarily possessed, so maybe "Demon" would be better.

Agree on the level wording for Hellfire Chain, so how many levels make the most sense? Here is where my limited knowledge of comic history comes into play. Has Ghost Rider ever stood at the bottom of a building and hit someone on top of the building with his chain? I don't know.

I thought about not rolling defense for Penance Stare, but I liked 13, and I thought it would be too powerful; otherwise they're not rolling defense 40% of the time. So I thought about removing an OM. What about fewer defense dice, down to a minimum of X? Which makes the most sense thematically?

If he becomes "Spirit of Vengeance," what does "Vengeful" become?

For the Cycle, the idea was that two hex elevation changes are nothing more than speed bumps, and he's actually supposed to be able to drive vertically, so to treat them as if they weren't there.

I also toyed with the idea of "Regenerate," a la Feral Troll, but then he seemed w-a-y too strong.

Great stuff guys, thanks!

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS

Last edited by SirGalahad; February 12th, 2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old February 12th, 2010, 10:29 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Nice work on your first superhero custom, SirGalahad. It seems balanced and the cost looks to be in the ballpark. A couple of points:

Quote:
Agree on the level wording for Hellfire Chain, so how many levels make the most sense? Here is where my limited knowledge of comic history comes into play. Has Ghost Rider ever stood at the bottom of a building and hit someone on top of the building with his chain? I don't know.
- I'm not sure a level restriction is really necessary in this case. I find that when people start talking about situations involving 20+ levels' worth of distance, the line of sight rules keep weird things from happening anyway. Put another way, if Ghost Rider ever tried to chain someone that much higher or lower than himself, he'd probably not be able to see them. Besides, his chain is magic.

- The last sentence in Hellfire Cycle should just use the official wording and read: "Ghost Rider does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces."

- The picture you're using is of Danny Ketch, not Johhny Blaze.
Old February 12th, 2010, 11:06 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

What Sherman said.

And I also love using magic powers to make mechanical leaps, they don't need to be reality based because they already transcend reality in concept and design.
Old February 12th, 2010, 11:18 AM

Scott knows what's in an order marker Scott knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
For the Cycle, the idea was that two hex elevation changes are nothing more than speed bumps, and he's actually supposed to be able to drive vertically, so to treat them as if they weren't there.
How about changing it to "ignore the first two levels of elevation" when going up - so if he goes up 4 he only counts 2? Also, Climb x3 seems appropriate to simulate the ability to drive vertically (up to his move plus any bonuses from glyphs or other figures). In fact, you might want to change it to "ignore the first 6 levels of elevation" or something like that. Gets close to flying, but it's more in the range of Grappling Arm and the monks' leap.

What's his height going to be? Will he be two-spaced with that cycle? Do you have an existing mini in mind?
Old February 12th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Nice looking Ghost Rider Sir Galahad.

For his Hellfire Cycle, perhaps this might work:

HELLFIRE CYCLE
When counting spaces for Ghost Rider's movement, you may ignore his height. You may count elevation changes of up to 2 levels as 1 space. Ghost Rider does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; February 12th, 2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old February 12th, 2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Quote:
How about changing it to "ignore the first two levels of elevation" when going up - so if he goes up 4 he only counts 2? Also, Climb x3 seems appropriate to simulate the ability to drive vertically (up to his move plus any bonuses from glyphs or other figures). In fact, you might want to change it to "ignore the first 6 levels of elevation" or something like that. Gets close to flying, but it's more in the range of Grappling Arm and the monks' leap.

What's his height going to be? Will he be two-spaced with that cycle? Do you have an existing mini in mind?
He absolutely needs climb x2 or climb x3, but I think that is all he needs. skipping elevation is not going to be necessary when you have a move of 9... that is already very fast. The C3G Catwoman has a move of 6 and she ignores elevation changes of up to 2 levels, and every time I play with her she zips around and over terrain like a champ, I don't think that GR would have any problems covering terrain, but without climb x2 or 3, he will not be able to climb higher than his own height, and I know that you (SirG) want to avoid that.

Bottom line, drop all of the text in Hellfire Cycle except for the water aspect, and just fit the official Climb x2 or 3 in there.
Old February 12th, 2010, 11:32 AM

Hahma the ScapeNinja!

Who dat ?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations