Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old April 28th, 2012, 01:00 AM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker
No Glory that was Grut

The crimson-orange sky painted a violent backdrop to the chaos on the charred field below it. The grunts and shrieks of the wounded and dying echoed behind the sharp clash of steel on steel. Primordial roars of long-lost beasts, and their feral riders, ripped through the air faster than the arrows from unskilled archers shooting them. Orcs fought orcs. Blue on blue. Blood on blood. This was Grut.
Legions of blade grut orcs marched forward, prodded on by angry lieutenants riding saber-toothed cats, in turn commanded by warlords on reptilian mounts. Tornak, on his velociraptor, lowered his spiked stone lance for a charge and his foot infantry led a rage-fueled, fear-driven charge down a burnt grass field slippery with the blood, guts, and brains of the fallen.
"Today you fight for me!" roared Tornak. "But soon, we fight for a new Grut! One untainted by backstabbing politicians and corrupt militaries! A Grut ruled by us!" His men made vicious contact with the enemy gruts. Brutal Fenrak, a warlord recently risen to power through political sabotage and bribery, commanded this battalion of enemy orcs.
Tornak's lance speared clean through the belly of one of the orcs on the opposing battalion, breaking through his crude stone armor like it was simply hardened mud. The infantryman spluttered blood in Tornak's face, and Tornak laughed wickedly as he pushed the body off of his weapon and swung it sideways, lopping off the wrist of a charging opponent.
Fenrak's men were set up in a weak shield wall formation and Tornak's men, armed with stone clubs and bronze swords, slashed and hacked their way into Fenrak's defense. Toward the left of this wall, one of Fenrak's Swog riders fell, an arrow to the windpipe. Even as he slumped forward on his mount, dead, and his troops panicked and broke rank, Tornak's men pushed through, butchering those trying to flee the crowded chaos.
"Yes!" Tornak laughed, the blood of his opponents smeared across his face. He opened a small, reptilian mouth lined with small sharp teeth and let a forked tongue slither out in joy.
As he swiveled his head to drink in his victory, he spotted Fenrak - a great brute of an orc, riding on a Triceratops. The docile beast was ready to run in panic, and Fenrak didn't look much better. Tornak wasted no time with words or a challenge to a one-on-one duel. He simply urged his mount forward and threw his lance. It curved in the air and arced down at Fenrak. The stone polearm went clean through the warlord's stomach. Fenrak fell off his mount, and without his control the poor animal bolted, stomping on the fallen orc's torso as it went.
The fighting continued but Tornak called his men off. His battle was won. A petty war for revenge, personal glory, and bloodlust. He would march tomorrow to this field to fight until satisfied, until bored. Or, until slain. But that was it. Wanton slaughter and hollow victories. Victory came at a heavy price. No honor. No respect. No glory that was Grut.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'

Last edited by The Deadliest Warrior; May 2nd, 2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old April 28th, 2012, 01:38 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker
Re: No Glory that was Grut

It's short, but I like it. What do you guys think?

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old April 28th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

"I like your style, Dude."

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 29th, 2012, 09:04 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

... I really need to read the sixth flagbearer, now that I know how you write. I can't find a thing to criticize, and I love it, short though it was. Great work!
Old April 29th, 2012, 11:16 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

Only complaint is that you use the expression "opposing team". This is war, and there are no "teams" in war. Aside from that, I think its really good. Would love to see more from you!

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old May 2nd, 2012, 06:32 PM

Thanks for the positive feedback!

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old May 2nd, 2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Bogle View Post
Only complaint is that you use the expression "opposing team". This is war, and there are no "teams" in war. Aside from that, I think its really good. Would love to see more from you!
Where does it say that? It might be my 'Scaper brain kicking in there...

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:02 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Tornak's lance speared clean through the belly of one of the orcs on the opposing team,
I believe this is what Bogle was referring too.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old May 2nd, 2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Quote:
Tornak's lance speared clean through the belly of one of the orcs on the opposing team,
I believe this is what Bogle was referring too.
Fixed.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction