Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old January 20th, 2021, 05:18 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Yodaking's Public Workshop

I haven't posted anything in the public in a long time, as such I've lost track of my public design post. So I thought it was time I make a official public workshop thread like many of the other heroes and legends have. I'll just move a few things out here from other spots to start, but in the future I'll try to add some new ideas too.

Starscream
Thundercracker - painting guide
Skywarp - painting guide

Savage Land Mantrap
Ulik

Last edited by Yodaking; January 20th, 2021 at 06:11 PM.
Old January 20th, 2021, 05:26 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Yodaking's Public Workshop

NAME = STARSCREAM

SPECIES = CYBERTRONIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SEEKER
PERSONALITY = AMBITIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 15

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 280ish?

STRATEGIC LOYALTY
At the start of the game, you may chose one Conqueror, Mastermind, Ruler, or Strategist you control to be Starscream's Commander. The first time in each round that an enemy figure engages his Commander, if Starscream is unengaged, within 10 spaces of his Commander, and:
-his Commander has at least 4 Life remaining, roll 1 unblockable attack die against that enemy figure.
-his Commander has less than 4 Life remaining, roll 1 unblockable attack die against his Commander.
When his Commander is removed from play, remove up to 3 Wound Markers from this card. For the rest of the game, Starscream has his Commander's class instead of what is listed on this card.

COWARDLY TACTICS
Starscream is never attacked when leaving an engagement. If Starscream is unengaged, add 1 to his attack and defense.

DOUBLE ATTACK
When Starscream attacks, he may attack one additional time.

FLYING
SUPERSTRENGTH

So the loyalty power basically means he's playing the role of a good and loyal soldier when his Commander is strong and healthy, shooting at anyone who tries to engage him (like Prime would want to do). Once his Commander takes some wounds though and it looks like he could go down (ie. 3 or fewer life left), be stops helping and starts actively trying to shoot him in the back each round and hasten their demise. Once the Commander goes down, he claims leadership of the team and gets refreshed with new confidence (ie. one time self healing of up to 1/2 his life). His help and hurt powers both occur only when he's unengaged, but because he's a bit of a coward that's exactly how you want to play him. When unengaged his att. and def. values go up by 1, and he has disengage to make it easy for him to break away from direct conflict. It also means he's easier prey for Prime to engage. His Seeker synergy with Thundercracker and Skywarp (wee below) is lost though as he becomes more self involved with claiming power. He doesn't really have a clear cut 'jet' power here, but I gave him the 10 range on the Loyalty power to kind of rep that. As long as he's not actively engaged in a fight he can transform into a Jet and fly back and forth on the board to either support or betray his Mentor.

Last edited by Yodaking; January 20th, 2021 at 05:43 PM.
Old January 20th, 2021, 05:28 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

He really needs a 'MEGATRON, MEGATRON' Power.
Old January 20th, 2021, 05:37 PM
C3G Landlord

NAME = THUNDERCRACKER

SPECIES = CYBERTRONIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SEEKER
PERSONALITY = CONFLICTED

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 15 (DOUBLE BASED)

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 260ish?

SEEKER ASSAULT
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and making a normal attack with this figure, you may make one normal attack with any Seeker you control.

SONIC BOOM 13
Instead of moving and attacking normally with Thundercracker, you may move Thundercracker up to 10 spaces. One at a time, for each figure you passed over with one or more Order Markers on their card, roll the 20-sided die. On a roll of 13 or higher, the opponent must reveal and remove an 'X' Order Marker or the lowest numbered Order Marker on that card.

AERIAL ADVANTAGE
While Thundercracker can use his Flying special power, he is always considered to have height advantage on non-flying figures.

FLYING
SUPERSTRENGTH

I decided to only have the one Seeker Power (which I really like) on both Thunder Cracker & Skywarp's card, then two unique ones to make them more interesting to draft together. One Seeker can make two normal attacks, or two different Seekers could make one normal attack.

He often initiated the Decipticon's attack by flying over their opponents and letting loose a mind numbing sonic boom, so I translated that into lost OM's. Most effective at the start of the round when you have 3 or 4 unrevealed OM's still in play, you give up his turn more or less to try and take out one or more of your opponents turns.

This is his opening description on the transformer's wiki:

Thundercracker claims the skies as his arena. He looks down in contempt on those who cannot leave the ground — he considers them lesser beings. He will often attack the flightless beings below him for no other reason than to satisfy his scorn. His superiority in this realm is the only thing he is sure of.

Which means he seemed tailor made for a reuse of Aerial Advantage. I ended up dropping the base attack and defense as a result, I had already dropped them on Starscream after decided on that non-engaged bonus structure for his Cowardly power. So this keeps their base stats the same but each one can often boost them up in different ways.

Only thing I'm still struggling with is whether I should try to give him a disengage power as part of Sonic Boom so he can use it more often.
Old January 20th, 2021, 05:40 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just ordered Megatron and Soundwave the other day, I was actually just thinking about how much I wanted Starscream. He's probably my favorite Decepticon (such a vicious and cowardly backstabber); this looks awesome!
Old January 20th, 2021, 05:50 PM
C3G Landlord

NAME = SKYWARP

SPECIES = CYBERTRONIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SEEKER
PERSONALITY = MISCHIEVOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 15 (DOUBLE BASED)

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 260ish?

SEEKER ASSAULT
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and making a normal attack with this figure, you may make one normal attack with any Seeker you control.

BOMBING RUN SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5 Attack 4
Instead of moving and attacking normally with Skywarp, you may move Skywarp up to 10 spaces. Choose up to 3 figures flown over to be affected by this special attack. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

TELEPORTATION AMBUSH
Once per round, instead of moving Skywarp normally, you may chose a figure within 6 clear sight spaces of Skywarp and place Skywarp within 3 clear sight spaces of that figure, but on the opposite side of that figure from where Skywarp currently stands. If you attack that figure this turn, that figure rolls 1 fewer defense die. When Skywarp moves with Teleportation Ambush, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

FLYING
SUPERSTRENGTH

Alright, here's Skywarp to complete the trio. Gave him the groups lone SA, which will be useful for crowd control as it can hit up to 3 different figures. Wasn't sure exactly what to do with his Teleportation ability, as he doesn't use it all that often or effectively and yet it's unique to him among the Decipticons. I came up with an Ambush power that would reduce the defense of whoever he's targeting. Since he's the lone Seeker who can't boost his attack/def stats up easily, teleporting around (out of engagement and potential onto high ground) and reducing defense should help balance that out. As such I'm thinking not giving Thundercracker a disengage power will help keep the two of them at around the same point level.
Old January 20th, 2021, 05:54 PM
C3G Landlord

Thanks Splash! I moved them out here into the pubic in large part because I'm going to go nominate Starscream for the Public Design Contest. So you'll have a chance to vote for him! Posted the other two up here as well so everyone can see what the overall plan I had in mind was. I'd like to have the 3 classic Seekers come out at 800 points, so they could be played as an 800 point army when testing like the Wrecking Crew are. Or you could add the to the 1000 points of Decipticons already released to make one solid 1800 point army. So a 260+260+280=800 framework is what I'm going for here.
Old January 20th, 2021, 05:58 PM
C3G Landlord

Alright, then I wanted to throw something out here for those of you who are not into the Transformers universe. So here is my Savage Land Mantrap design I've been sitting on for a while that I still would like to see get done at some point. I was kind of holding him back waiting to see if a Savage Land booster started getting worked on, but since that hasn't come to fruition, it's a good option for a public design.

Pod Mother #090 The Lab HorrorClix

NAME = SAVAGE LAND MANTRAP

SPECIES = PLANT
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = CARNIVORE
PERSONALITY = WILD

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 2
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ?

NATURAL FOLIAGE
At the start of the game, you may place this Plant adjacent to any Jungle Plant or Evergreen Tree, or on any grass or swamp tile on the game board as long as it is not adjacent to any other figures. At the end of each round, you may move this Plant.

SUPERIOR JUNGLE PLANTS

Whenever a special power on an Army Card refers to a Jungle Piece, it refers to the Savage Land Mantrap as well. When this Plant is used for the Plant Animation power, add 2 to the roll of any targeted figures adjacent to it.

ENTANGLED
At the start of each round, before Order Markers are placed, you may choose one small or medium figure without the Super Strength special power adjacent to this Plant and roll the 20 sided die. If you roll an 8 or higher and that figure is an Unique Hero, Order Markers may not be placed or revealed on that figures card this round, if the figure is a common or squad figure, destroy that figure.
SUPERSTRENGTH

Between the early game set up already on the board, the free move at the end of the round, and the free action to start the round, it should work well as a no, or low, OM investment design. But one that someone like Floronic Man would be happy to get teamed up with.
Old January 20th, 2021, 06:04 PM
C3G Landlord

Here's another simple one-off design that could be released directly to the public instead of being held back for a booster. He's a Thor foe for anyone who doesn't recognize him. For those who do, any thoughts on how to make him a little more interesting would be welcome.

NAME = ULIK
SECRET IDENTITY = NONE

SPECIES = ROCK TROLL
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WARRIOR
PERSONALITY = FEROCIOUS
SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 5

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = ?

POUNDERS
When Ulik attacks an adjacent figure with a normal attack, he may attack one additional time and roll one additional attack die for every 2 wound markers on this card.

INFRA-RED VISION
Figures that target or are targeted by Ulik, do not gain any benefits from being on a Shadow Tile or adjacent to a Jungle Piece.

I understand Warrior has some links to the JL now via WWIII. That wasn't so way back when I first came up with this take. Not sure if that's an issue for some now or a feature. You'll need to let me know either way.
Old January 20th, 2021, 06:16 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Mantrap looks fun. Would like to see the animated plants expanded.
Old January 20th, 2021, 06:31 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've already nominated Kite-Man, but if Starscream doesn't get in this round, I'll for sure vote him in next time! The Man-Trap looks great, I've really wanted some more deadly stuff for Poison Ivy to drag around too (control of all plants would enable some seriously lethal poisonous plants as well). I'm also thinking of making my unique JP two raptor squad into common squad Savage Land raptors so they're a little more C3G friendly.
Old January 20th, 2021, 08:50 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Seems like it'd be nice if the Vines and Man-Trap could share a class. Should we have a Plant class?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy