Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old February 22nd, 2011, 02:48 PM
Part of a Balanced Breakfast

omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby!
Scenario in Sanctum City Piers

Hello everyone,

i'm trying to get more involved in the forums and i will start sharing a couple of ideas.

I'll by testing a scenario i've planned using the C3G Sanctum City (http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=34200).
It is as follows:

Namor is on the move
(Scenario for 2 teams of players)

Namor has been lurking in the shadow for too much time plotting against a group of influential figures in the city. He has allied himself with powerful individuals to get the edge on a negotiation that will provide an advantage for Atlantis in the near future. He's about to kidnap an individual that could turn the tide of the upcoming events in his favor.

Map:
C3G Sanctum City (http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=34200).

Setup:
Each player draft or bring a premade army, Player 2's army my be 30% points bigger than Player 1 (example: P1 770 VS P2 1001). Player 1 army must contain Sub-Mariner C3G Version (http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30552). This scenario can be played with more than 2 players, i'll refer to the Team 1 as Player 1 and Team 2 to Player 2.

Player 2 starts the game in any space they wish, setting their figures before Player 1.

Player 1 starts the game with all his team on water tiles, each figures of his figures (excluding the Sub-Mariner) starts the game with a glyph of the Gift of Atlantis (http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=32126) on it's card.

Before setting order markers on the first turn Player 1 must secretly select one of the opponent player figures and write it down.

Objective:
Player 1 must kidnap the selected opponent figure by the end of Round 5.

Player 2 must avoid the kidnapping.

The game ends if either Player destroy all the opposing figures, that Player wins the game.

Special Rule Kidnapping:
The objective of the scenario is to KO the selected opponent figure and transport it to the water tiles. To accomplish this you must first inflict enough wound in the figure to destroy it (or auto destroy it with an special power), immediately after that put a Glyph of Loot where that figure was, the destroyed figure is considered out of play for the remainder of the game, the attacker should attempt to pick the Glyph of Loot and escape with it (this figure must be in possession of a glyph of the Gift of Atlantis to do so, he MAY pick up the glyph of loot and it doesn't count for his maximum of 1 Equipment Glyph carried). If the kidnapper is destroyed standard rules for equipment glyphs apply and other attacker may pick up the glyph, but the glyph of loot won't be dropped when the kidnapper is wounded.
After that the figure must attempt to flee to the sea, if the kidnapper ends the Round 5 in a water tile Player 1 wins the game.

Thanks for reading, I hope you can give me some feedback, i have a couple of other scenarios and would like the community to know about those.

Last edited by omael; February 28th, 2011 at 07:06 PM. Reason: rule modification
Old February 22nd, 2011, 02:52 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Scenario in Sanctum City Piers

I'll link to it from the unofficial C3G supplements thread. I think you have a good start here! Let us know how it goes in testing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 22nd, 2011, 03:35 PM

omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby! omael rolls all skulls baby!

thanks, i'll try it today and test different armies
Old February 22nd, 2011, 04:34 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Old February 22nd, 2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Popcorns?
Old February 22nd, 2011, 04:37 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by omael View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Popcorns?
Means he is watching this thread with interest...like someone at the theater eating popcorn while watching a movie.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 04:39 PM

Ahhh... I'm new to this, catching up.

Thank You very much for the map A3n. It's great. Keep the good work
Old February 23rd, 2011, 12:19 PM

I've tested the scenario and it needs some tweaks (more on that later).

Here's the report:
Spoiler Alert!

None of my games lasted more than round 5, but the feeling of the time running out was great.

The main problem i see is that when a defending figure is killed it's weird seeing him knocked out in the field, i should change the rules to reflect that when a figure is knocked it becomes a loot glyph with almost all the usual rules.

I need more playtesting to see what happens if the defending player tries to rescue.

The other rule in doubt is if the game ends after the kidnapper escapes to the sea and a round ends or if the game should continue until the end of round 5. What do you think? i need your input

Last edited by omael; February 23rd, 2011 at 12:27 PM. Reason: fixed links
Old February 24th, 2011, 12:11 PM

After more playtesting i found that i need to change the objectives a little. If you found anything confusing let me know.
Old February 24th, 2011, 12:25 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Is fleeing to the sea too easy? Since anyone can jump into the water pretty easily.

Quote:
Old February 24th, 2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Is fleeing to the sea too easy? Since anyone can jump into the water pretty easily.
Yes it takes 1 OM to kill the victim (Turn1), 1 OM to pickup the Glyph of Loot (Turn2), and 1 OM to flee (Turn3). At first i thought that you can stand on the glyph of loot as the defending player, but it's a matter of syncing the OM usually the OM between Turn1 and Turn2 is placed on the victim and he is dead by the time he could chase. So sometimes it goes well, but sometimes it just ends in Round 2. But if you focus your effort in killing a Player 1's figure you can give chase, and you usually are able to focus on a random enemy figure to get that kill and glyph.

Also I've thought about adding a setup rule saying that the Player 1 always go first on Round 1, so he moves over the platform since there isn't line of sight from beneath the docks and Player 1 is the was being pressed by the clock. Any experience with this kind of rule? should it extends to Round 2? Round 5?
Old February 24th, 2011, 12:38 PM

Am I wrong in thinking you can pick up a glyph and move on the same turn?

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios