Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old September 8th, 2010, 04:01 AM

yio654 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Best Strategy With Heroes of The Molten Sea?

I bought the Heroes of the Molten Sea pack and to be honest I haven't received alot from the figures (apart from Otanshi)

Does anyone have any good strategies that invlolves these figures? (Sir Dupius, Moriko, Otanashi and Kato Katsuro).

I don't have Ashigaru squads, all I have are the Izumi Samurai. I do't have Templar Knight either. (Though I suppose Knights of Weston would be more useful because of their bonding).

Suggestions?
Old September 8th, 2010, 06:49 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: Best Strategy With Heroes of The Molten Sea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yio654 View Post
I bought the Heroes of the Molten Sea pack and to be honest I haven't received alot from the figures (apart from Otanshi)

Does anyone have any good strategies that invlolves these figures? (Sir Dupius, Moriko, Otanashi and Kato Katsuro).

I don't have Ashigaru squads, all I have are the Izumi Samurai. I do't have Templar Knight either. (Though I suppose Knights of Weston would be more useful because of their bonding).

Suggestions?
Knights of Weston and Sir Dupuis work nicely together (but remember that you can't bond with him). How about:

Knights of Weston x3: 210
Sir Denrick: 100
Finn/Thorgrim: 80
Sir Dupuis: 150
Total: 540pts, 16 hexes.

Lead with the knights and Finn/Thorgrim and charge Dupuis into the action once the fighting starts. Bring Denrick up once Finn/Thorgrim falls (put the spirit on the healthier of Denrick and Dupuis).

Moriko is fun. She lacks synergy so drop her into pretty much any army to which you want to add a special attack or reasonably solid melee hero. For example:

10th Foot x3: 225
Phantom Knights x2: 140
Moriko: 110
Total: 475pts, 19 hexes.

I don't think you're going to get much from Kato until you acquire some more samurai or ashigaru (preferably a couple of the ashigaru packs).
Old September 8th, 2010, 08:10 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I really like Dupuis with Phantom Knights, which leads to this natural army at 500 Points:

Sir Dupuis - 150
Phantom Knights x5 - 500, 17 hexes

The whole army can disengage without taking wounds (Dupuis has to roll a 7 or higher though), and the Phantom Knights can take on ranged squads while Dupuis takes out big heroes.

The only issue with it is that I think Dupuis needs Raelin, since he usually presents a big target and his survivability kind of sucks. Swapping a Phantom squad for Raelin at 510 seems nice, or 2 Phantom squads for Raelin and Marro Warriors/Isamu or Zetacron or 2x Black Wyrmlings at 500 doesn't seem bad either.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 8th, 2010, 04:51 PM

AceofShadows is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Well basically, Dupuis and Moriko have been covered by the guys above me. Which kinda leaves Kato. Kato is basically the Red Skull for samurai. Having only one squad of samurai and no ashigaru pretty much renders him useless. Placing him non samurai/ashigaru armies would just be a wast of points. Also the samurai gain little to no advantage with Kato, the only advantage is the ability to decide which samurai squad to activate each turn instead of at the beginning of each round. This may come in handy if you unfortunately lose a unique samurai squad. However, what I have experienced is that you would be losing round markers anyways to position Kato to have line of sight/range of the samurai you want to activate. So without Kato, you may lose a few round markers/attacks form being destroyed. With Kato, you may lose a few round markers positioning him and you waste 200 points. His benefits for the samurai are not worth his 200 points. With these 200 points, you may instead add some much needed range support for the samurai. Kato's 200 points really come to reason with the ashigaru though. Without Kato, the ashigaru may be the weakest squad there is (correct me if I'm wrong). Throwing eight attacks of 2-3(wait then fire for the harquebus). That's about twice as many dice Q9 throws with Queglix Gun (considering height and wait then fire). Kato's 200 point investment makes the ashigaru army...better, as they still suck in defense. If you have Kato and plan on getting the ashigaru, then I say go for it, you'll have another army for CASUAL play. If you have Kato and don't plan on getting the ashigaru, then I say sell him, or trade him. Who knows, maybe in a parellel dimension, you might have the ashigaru and no Kato. Hmm....anyways, that's what I think about Kato.
Old September 11th, 2010, 12:30 PM

Ecthelion is surprisingly tart

Otonashi can kill wild stuff. sometimes.

Ecthelion
Old September 11th, 2010, 12:45 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Otonashi is great filler.

Dupuis is great for campaigns and KoW.

Kato is good for Ashigaru and has a great sculpt for a custom.

Moriko is good in an Ullar army while paired with Vipers thanks to her ability to attack easily and has decent stats(not great though).

Chardris is great in a wizard army...

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 11th, 2010, 02:01 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This was the first hero pack I bought because it looked so cool and I really like the name. I didn't know what any of the figures did. Sir Dupuis is really fun to play with Concan too. This army isn't terribly competitive, but it's really fun and has high mobility.

150 Sir Dupuis
210 Phantom Knights x3
80 Concan
80 Raelin (ROTV)
520 pts
Old September 20th, 2010, 12:57 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Kato is an impressive figure but opine value needs to be 6-700 for him to explode. Dupuis is lacking, but in a multi can pack a punch where he needs to. Chardris is exclusive to elf wizard builds. And Moriko is really pretty lacking... And not really synergistic.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles