Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old August 11th, 2008, 06:01 PM

LMB knows what's in an order marker LMB knows what's in an order marker
Two space figure and water

Okay, I searched and didn't see this specifically answered, I apologize if it's been covered to death.

If a two spaced figure is stepping off land which is higher than water can it move it's second space into the water? My understanding of the rules is that it would have to get all of itself into the water because it can't stop on uneven ground, or it simply couldn't get into the water (which doesn't make a lot of sense).

Thanks for any help!
Old August 11th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Two space figure and water

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB View Post
Okay, I searched and didn't see this specifically answered, I apologize if it's been covered to death.

If a two spaced figure is stepping off land which is higher than water can it move it's second space into the water? My understanding of the rules is that it would have to get all of itself into the water because it can't stop on uneven ground, or it simply couldn't get into the water (which doesn't make a lot of sense).

Thanks for any help!
The 2 space figure can ignore the rule for stopping on that first space and so can move into the water and then must stop when it's front edge enters the second water space.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 11th, 2008, 08:36 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. That makes perfect sense.
Old August 16th, 2008, 11:05 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

In case you don't know, LMB, Grungebob's word on rulings can pretty much be taken as law 99% of the time. theGuru can be trusted 99.9999999% of the time (he may have flip-flopped once ). Cavalier, myself, and a few others are rarely wrong, though anything's possible!

EDIT: I only mentioned Cav and myself because I know we're two that frequent the FAQ section.

Last edited by Soul Shackle; August 16th, 2008 at 09:35 PM.
Old August 17th, 2008, 01:14 AM

Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby!

Double spaced figures only have to stop when both spaces are on a terrain type. This also applies to lava.

Elf_Archer is the Sacred Band...
in the GARNET CAVE...
Old August 17th, 2008, 03:31 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf_Archer View Post
Double spaced figures only have to stop when both spaces are on a terrain type. This also applies to lava.
Important distinction - The double spaced figure does not have to stop, but it still has to roll for the Molten Lava damage.

From the FAQ: If a double-space figure crosses over a river of molten lava, does it get injured since it doesn't have to stop?

Yes, you roll for molten lava damage once, when the leading hex crosses the river. If you happen to survive you may continue moving. The trailing hex does not roll for molten lava damage.

Old August 17th, 2008, 08:33 PM

Interesting... so a double space figure crossing a single space of water/lava doesn't have to stop. That will change some strategy at our table.
Old August 19th, 2008, 01:15 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Interesting... so a double space figure crossing a single space of water/lava doesn't have to stop. That will change some strategy at our table.
Unless that single space of water/lava has a glyph on it

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old August 19th, 2008, 02:30 PM

ASmiles Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggler View Post
Quote:
Unless that single space of water/lava has a glyph on it
Actually just water. The rules specifically forbid you placing glyphs on Molten Lava spaces.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old August 20th, 2008, 05:01 AM

Azrael's Acid Woo who?

I've searched for this question, but I'm having a little trouble locating it. I apologize if it's already been addressed.
My husband and I played a game tonight, in which he had Saylind. He kept summoning my army into molten lava. We got into an argument when he summoned Braxis into the lava. The rules say you have to roll for molten lava damage UNLESS you have a Flying power, in which case, you pass over unharmed. Since Braxis has wings, do I have to roll for damage if she is summoned or thrown into lava? Or is she unharmed? I would really love some advice on this one. Thanks in advance guys.

" The only way evil can prevail, is when good men do nothing."
Old August 20th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Azrael's Acid, even though Braxas has the ability to fly, she is not flying when she is summoned onto liquid lava and therefore must roll for survival as per the usual rules. Sorry.
Old August 20th, 2008, 08:27 AM

MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby! MI_Tiger rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael's Acid View Post
I've searched for this question, but I'm having a little trouble locating it. I apologize if it's already been addressed.
My husband and I played a game tonight, in which he had Saylind. He kept summoning my army into molten lava. We got into an argument when he summoned Braxis into the lava. The rules say you have to roll for molten lava damage UNLESS you have a Flying power, in which case, you pass over unharmed. Since Braxis has wings, do I have to roll for damage if she is summoned or thrown into lava? Or is she unharmed? I would really love some advice on this one. Thanks in advance guys.
Saylind can only summon your own figures ("any figure you control"), so he couldn't summon your army anywhere. The summoning glyph could bring Braxas into lava, and her wings wouldn't save her, but it is only a single use glyph.

Also, flying figures can pass over molten lava without rolling, but if they land there, they would still have to roll.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's