Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old September 8th, 2008, 10:24 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Sports: NFL

Packers beat the Vikings!19 to 24! Wow. I really thought they would be finished but that interception in the fourth quarter saved us. Nice way to start off the season!

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old September 8th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

Ha, my beloved Vikes choke again - I watched the same ol' Vikings I've come to know and loathe these past couple of years lose to a Packer team we really should've easily beaten, even in Lambeau - how pathetic.

My only hope is that we have a crappy season so we can ditch our absolutely awful QB (T-Jack aka "T-Suck") and Coach, as well as our incredibly boring offensive gameplan. Then we need to add some real cornerbacks/pass defense and some genuinely talented receivers.

We got a ways to go. Sigh.
Old September 8th, 2008, 10:36 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang View Post
Ha, my beloved Vikes choke again - I watched the same ol' Vikings I've come to know and loathe these past couple of years lose to a Packer team we really should've easily beaten, even in Lambeau - how pathetic.

My only hope is that we have a crappy season so we can ditch our absolutely awful QB (T-Jack aka "T-Suck") and Coach, as well as our incredibly boring offensive gameplan. Then we need to add some real cornerbacks/pass defense and some genuinely talented receivers.

We got a ways to go. Sigh.
The Packers had thirteen penalties against them altogether, which made it much easier for the Vikings to get where they did. Since last year, penalties have been a pretty big problem for the Packers, but one that could be fixed. If the Packers can really make an effort to get away from penalties, then the end of their games will wind up more like the score was towards the end of the first quarter--6 to 17. I think the Vikings just aren't the greatest team. The last game they played against the Packers, the score was 0 to 34.

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old September 9th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Vikings just aren't all that good. The Packers on the other hand have the most Super Bowl wins in the entire NFL.
Old September 9th, 2008, 08:45 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Vikings just aren't all that good. The Packers on the other hand have the most Super Bowl wins in the entire NFL.
So that automatically makes them a good team in 2008?

By that logic a franchise could have won the first 10 Super Bowls in history and then lost every game since (over the last 35 years), but they are still good because of what happened decades ago.

-insert signature here-
Old September 10th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I am a huge Football freak. I'm surprised I haden't found this thread earlier.
My two teams are.....
The Seahawks, and the Steelers.

I Seahawks haven't been the same since Shawn Alexander left though, which bums me out, but I'm still rooting for my steelers!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old September 10th, 2008, 05:38 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ahhhh, good ole' football.

Being from Indy and yes I still am riding the high of winning the Super Bowl 2 years ago, my team is the Colts. I know that they stumbled a bit last week but they will get back on track. I actually figured the game would go the way it did. Manning didn't play any football during pre-season. He looked good to a degree, but at the same time, I could tell there were some problems with timing and such.

AFC Championship
Colts Vs San Diego - Colts win by 3

NFC Championship
Cowboys Vs Carolina - Carolina by 7

Super Bowl
Colts Vs Carolina - Colts by 10

Bank it. Yeah right. :P
Old September 10th, 2008, 05:47 PM

KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
I am also a huge Dolphins fan but dont think we will be good again for a few more years.....but I will still watch every game this season for Jason Taylor....

...and the other 43 bodies on the field

So are you A Redskins watching JT fan now?

Mississippi boy in Ohio valley group.. Hell why not!
Ohio Valley Assoication of Heroscapers

Old September 10th, 2008, 09:44 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

I'm a huge Patriots fan (quiet peteparkerh) who has just stopped crying about Brady going down for the year. I still think they will win 9 or 10 games because they have a pretty easy schedule and I'm not a believer in either the jets or the bills even though a lot of "experts" are thinking those are playoff caliber teams.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old September 10th, 2008, 10:03 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I don't think there will be any sympathy for us spidysox. Most fans were on our side for the Super Bowl vs the Rams, not so much anymore, and I can very much understand it too. Nobody likes a team who wins all the time. So the cycle goes.

-insert signature here-
Old September 10th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Yeah, I don't think there will be any sympathy for us spidysox. Most fans were on our side for the Super Bowl vs the Rams, not so much anymore, and I can very much understand it too. Nobody likes a team who wins all the time. So the cycle goes.
No, nobody likes a team that cheats. I used to like Brady, but now, even though he had nothing to do with Spygate, I don't like him. But yes, sooner or later, public opinion turns against the winners, and the so-called fans move on to the next great team. It always happens.

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...
Old September 10th, 2008, 10:39 PM

The Jets game lat year notwithstanding, the other accusations were all retracted by the accusers.

But you're right, that was just more fuel for the fire in the "I hate the Pats" camp.

To be completely honest, my opinion of Brady has dropped a bit even being a fan. A bit too much of a 'pretty boy' persona starting to come thru for my taste.

I think the Pats are still a playoff team without Brady, as for the Super Bowl... they better be playing their best football of the season if they want a prayer of getting there. Look at how successful the Ravens were for years on just great defense and nearly zero offense. Well, even minus Brady the Pats O is pretty good and the defense, though not 'great' is still near top of the league. A formula that can win... but you have to play the games to find out.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV