Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Closed Thread

Old February 22nd, 2010, 11:44 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Reinforcements Arrive stats?

Not exactly. Anything they put out there would take up shelf space, truck space, and factory space away from something else that could potentially make more money. So just "putting it out there" could cost them money.
Old February 23rd, 2010, 02:21 AM

Marlowe is surprisingly tart

Sorry if this has already been asked, did a bit of searching before posting:

What would be the issue with an "online only" release ala Wave 10: Valkrill's Gambit? Something where just the deeply devoted could buy in? Heck, they could probably even print to pre-order, if it came down to it. I recognize the issues with manufacturing, but I don't quite see the difference between something like this, and something like Wave 10.

Thanks for any info.

I aim to misbehave
Old February 23rd, 2010, 08:31 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Well, Wave 10 wasn't an "online only" release. It can be found in game stores and Wal-Marts.

To take a stab at answering your question though, I'd guess that an online only release of Marvel Wave 1 would have to cost the consumer too much to be viable. Heroscape prices seem dependent on economies of scale - if Heroscape's prepainted figures and tons of plastic terrain weren't sold at big box stores in mass quantities it would probably be way more expensive than it is.

Welcome to the site! Sorta (eyeballing your join date)...
Old February 23rd, 2010, 12:51 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It also seems possible that they'd have to pay more money to Disney (Marvel) for licensing fees were they to actually start selling these.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 24th, 2010, 07:57 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

It seems to me hopeful that they haven't "dumped" it on us yet, because it might mean they see some potential. If they give us "the story" they imperil making a deal with potential partners who might help make it a reality in the future. Even in the specialized toy soldier market, confidentiality is prized to a tremendous degree! I think we'd only see what you are requesting if they'd totally given up on it.
Old February 24th, 2010, 04:46 PM

Marlowe is surprisingly tart

haha yeah, I joined a long time ago, and then never really had anything to contribute to the discussion. Every question I had can be found through search, and I am utterly lacking in the "creating die -roll percentage tables" field of math.

I just... I like Deadeye Dan alot. So strategy articles is equally kaput.

But thanks for the warm welcome! I recently moved far away from everyone I knew who would Scape with me, and the awesome new DnD stuff only makes it worse.

In regards to Wave 10: Apparently I don't go to the right stores. I have NEVER seen Wave 10 anywhere. But it's nice to know that, maybe somewhere, an extra box of Granite Guardians is sitting in Walmart Clearance.

And for Marvel, the recent Custom DC set gives me renewed faith in the community. I'll have my officially playtested Punisher yet, by hook or by crook!

EDIT: Also, Thor. Not my favorite hero, but Valhalla just seems wrong without him.

I aim to misbehave
Old December 8th, 2010, 05:53 PM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!

: post-apocalyptic bump:

Long shot here... is there a chance we could get the originally proposed stats for these like we did for Sam Brown?

Many thanks.
Old December 8th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRansom View Post
: post-apocalyptic bump:

Long shot here... is there a chance we could get the originally proposed stats for these like we did for Sam Brown?

Many thanks.
There has been no indication that we should expect anything of the sort. In fact, 's basic statement in that regard is that C3G is probably a better source anyway.
Old December 8th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Already been asked and answered dozens of times...
Old December 8th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, good points, guys. Time for Mr. Locky ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News