Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 16th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
The Book of Sonlen

The Book of Sonlen
Swarm of the Marro - Master Set 2

SONLEN
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Sonlen is one of Ullar’s most revered champions. The archmage uses his fighting powers and magical skills, coupled with the fangs, claws, and magic of his Dragon to win battle after battle. The mystical link between Elf and Dragon allows the duo to be an unrivaled fighting unit as the dragon flies down on foes while the Archmage Sonlen attacks with his magical spells and deadly weapons. Famous and greatly praised for his fighting abilities in the wars of Nastralund, Sonlen and his dragon became a natural choice for helping to scout the uncharted swamps. The dragon’s swooping attacks leave many foes wounded on the ground. Few enemies know the creature is also capable of healing magic: his dragon is able to help the wounded, even in the midst of battle.
(Hasbro)

-Rulings and Clarifications- Coming Soon
  • - N/A

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - ACOLARH : Leaf of the Home Tree Aura
    As an Elf, Sonlen may benefit from Acolarh's LEAF OF THE HOME TREE AURA defense bonus.

- ACOLARH: Ullar's Amulet
    As a Follower of Ullar, Sonlen may benefit from Alcorah's ULLAR'S AMULET movement bonus.

- KYNTELA GWYN : Strength of the Oak Aura 1
    As a an Elf , Sonlen figure may benefit from Kyntela Gwyn's STRENGTH OF THE OAK AURA 1 Defense bonus

- SONLEN : Dragon Healing
    As a Hero, Sonlen may benefit from his own DRAGON HEALING ability, if Sonlen was wounded before starting his move.

- OTONASHI - Tricky Speed 4

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - DRAGON HEALING : Unique Heroes
    Any wounded Hero within 4 clear sight spaces may benefit from Sonlen's DRAGON HEALING ability.
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Ranking and Master Index
  • - TBA

Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Last edited by R˙chean; April 11th, 2015 at 03:21 PM. Reason: VC synergy added
Old August 16th, 2007, 02:32 PM

War Solves Everything has disabled reputation
SWEET! The healing dragon will bring Kelda less play, depending on how much this guy costs.

I feel sorry for you. Your not me.
Old August 16th, 2007, 06:45 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
This guy is looking to become a favourite (if not THE favourite) of mine!
He is Kelda + Cyprien combined (albeit that he can only take and give one wound at a time). I can't wait until wave 8 - then i can put together an awesome Elven Army!
Old August 16th, 2007, 06:56 PM

Su_Nan Woo who?
Why does Sonlen rule you ask?

Because he can heal
then move
Dragon Swoop
and attack!

That is four actions in one frakkin turn!!!

Insanity is the best medicine.
Old August 16th, 2007, 07:09 PM

Teamski is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Su_Nan
Why does Sonlen rule you ask?

Because he can heal
then move
Dragon Swoop
and attack!

That is four actions in one frakkin turn!!!
You know, I was about to say that Sonlen was lack-luster, until you mentioned this. I agree, he is definately unique among all heroes in the game. I am converted.....

-Ski
Old August 16th, 2007, 07:38 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Maybe Kyntela Gwyn will have more use now !

Oh, an important thing to note is that he can use the dragon swoop on large and huge figures, a BIG bonus.

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old August 16th, 2007, 07:44 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusx

Oh, an important thing to note is that he can use the dragon swoop on large and huge figures, a BIG bonus.
The best news, I think, is that he can Dragon Swoop Deathwalkers....that's just insane!
Old August 16th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusx

The best news, I think, is that he can Dragon Swoop Deathwalkers....that's just insane!
And even get a lucky wound on Q9, even if he has height and Raelin at his side.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 16th, 2007, 08:35 PM

Su_Nan Woo who?
Only one odd thing about Sonlen is that if he is hiding behind something you can actually kill him by shooting at his dragon.

Insanity is the best medicine.
Old August 16th, 2007, 09:36 PM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!
I love this guy already. Good theme and good stats. I love Ullar and this guy brings Ullar a much needed boost.

I love the heal before move but I have mixed feelings over the instant 1 damage before attack. The Deathwalkers are going to be brought down yet another notch. 30% chance of 140 point DW9000 dieing each turn is not cool. On the other hand (as someone else mentioned) Sonlen might be good against Major Q9. I did some rough calculations and Sonlen should do his points worth of damage to Q9 assuming Sonlen is 100 points but it is chancy.
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:43 PM

T-bomb has disabled reputation
I really think Sonlen would work well with Q9. Q9 usually gets his wounds gradually. Sonlen can gradually remove these, in addition to attacking. The ideal case would be to charge out with Q9 as a sniper and as a tank, and then when he is getting beat up a bit Sonlen can rush in and heal him, then take a few names.

Sonlen seems like he can be a good stand alone figure, but not quite as potent as Cyprien. Pairing Sonlen with strong heroes would make him better IMO b/c he can either heal himself or some high point heroes - which gives him something Cyprien does not have.
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Too bad Sonlen isn't a Wizard. Archmages don't Crappy Double Bond with Ulginesh.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units