Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old May 14th, 2007, 05:22 AM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!
Hard to hit HitZones

I want to discuss HitZones and Customs. Since I was picked ***Custom Creator of the Week - 5/13 - PochoMan ***, LOL, I started to think about custom hard to hit hit zone.

Most figures are straight forward. Cant target weapons, shields, flags, anything thats not worn or flesh and blood.
Then we got Zombies. Only the head. And IF you position "clubby" just right, more than 1/2 of the target zone is gone.

Which got me to thinking about one of my customs. Achilles. In mythology Achilles was held by the heel and his whole body was submerged into a spring which made him invinceable. Or until he was shot in the heel from an arrow.

So why not make an almost invinceable figure? Instead of posting the card, I'll put in text of what I thought of...

ACHILLES

Einar
Human
Unique Hero
Warlord
Rebelious
Medium 5

Life 1
Move 5
Space 1
Attack 5
Defense 3

Achilles' Legend
*When rolling defensive dice, Achiles dice pool may not be modified in any way. 3 defense dice is the least and most Achilles may roll.
**IF Achilles rolls atleast one shield, it will block all damage.
***Achillies' may not be the target of a Special Abillity. Achilles is not affect by any special ability
****Achilles may only be destroyed IF he fails to roll one shield.
Old May 14th, 2007, 10:17 AM

Dictatorbilbo is surprisingly tart
I really like the hit zone idea (though what you're almost doing is just making him immune from range).

I don't quite like the 'invincible' part of the custom- Your pretty much making a deathwalker that's immune to special attacks. Though I do like that he could jump off a cliff and live or run into boiling lava without any risk...

MR. GRUBBY'S
GRAND ADVENTURE

~ ONLY IN THE ~
KAUNAN KEEP
Old May 14th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Hard to hit HitZones

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoMan
In mythology Achilles was held by the heel and his whole body was submerged into a spring which made him invinceable.
Not just a spring, he was dipped into The River Styxx!
Old May 14th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Hard to hit HitZones

Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoMan
In mythology Achilles was held by the heel and his whole body was submerged into a spring which made him invinceable.
Not just a spring, he was dipped into The River Styxx!
I couldnt remember exactly what he was dipped in, so since it was Heroscape, wanted to say a "Well Spring".
Old May 15th, 2007, 10:30 PM

Glitch has disabled reputation
cool idea! i don't care for the immunity to specials though. maybe to balance it out a bit you should change his price, closer to 150 because his hitzone is only like 2% of his body and since it is the heel it is easy to hide. (o and The River Styx is spelled with only 1 x )
Old May 16th, 2007, 10:44 PM

dracothehalfdragon has disabled reputation
btw, the other ankle.

No more giant sigs
Old May 16th, 2007, 11:51 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
The Best Thing about this thread is that You Need Love even if you're Fooling Yourself with perceived invulnerability. Nothing Ever Goes As Planned, so if you field any "invulnerable" unit, you may end up saying, "Why Me" before long. There's no Crystal Ball for predicting moves in HeroScape, so units like this are living on Borrowed Time. Don't Let It End, Right Away. High Time someone brought up this discussion. Meh, I probably have Too Much Time on My Hands.

Old May 17th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
I was actually considering a limited hitzone for one of my customs. Seeing as how he is technically a mirror I thought his hitzone would be best on the glass.

The only problem with this is, how do I show to the player that the back of this figure has no hitzone. I'll probably scrap it and go for an full body hitzone.

I like the idea of limited hitzones still. I also think that if someone were going to make a custom with a hitzone of darn near nothing, then that figure should be limited in what it can do. I did that with my Servile Stone custom.

I believe the members here would let you know what they thought about any akward hit zone.

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old May 17th, 2007, 10:08 AM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker
The limited hitzone is a great way to add depth to a game, especially when range is so dominant. What better a character to give one to than Achilles. Great idea Pochoman. I have to agree with CA though, you should offset his powers/weakness'. Achilles seems like he could dominate on the right board. That Servile Stone is a good example. As a last resort you could just raise his cost.

BTW: CA's mirror reminded me of an old board game from the late 70's. It was a haunted house game and I remember it had a little mirror like that, except it split in two and fit together. Does anyone else remember that--sorry off topic
Old May 17th, 2007, 11:21 AM

Riptide is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooblar
The Best Thing about this thread is that You Need Love even if you're Fooling Yourself with perceived invulnerability. Nothing Ever Goes As Planned, so if you field any "invulnerable" unit, you may end up saying, "Why Me" before long. There's no Crystal Ball for predicting moves in HeroScape, so units like this are living on Borrowed Time. Don't Let It End, Right Away. High Time someone brought up this discussion. Meh, I probably have Too Much Time on My Hands.

He He - Styx!!! Thats a good one
Old May 17th, 2007, 07:10 PM

Will T is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooblar

He He - Styx!!! Thats a good one

Well played Nooblar! And excellent catch Riptide. Styx is one of the bands queued up on my PC right now, and I still didn't spot this.
Old May 17th, 2007, 07:57 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
*takes bow*

Thanks for noticing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions