Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Notices

Old July 29th, 2011, 06:54 PM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation
Re: An Apologetic Revdyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garada View Post
That's good stuff, Rev; Cap & The 4th Mass are ALWAYS a blast to play, great for beginners and veterans alike! In the spirit of the awesome new Captain America flick, which I just saw today with my daughter, girlfriend and Dad [for his 65th Birthday], why don't you try Cap with Sgt. Drake & The Airborne Elite? Thematic WWII action, especially if your opponent plays Red Skull with some Marro squads.

I LOVE mixing Classic with ONE Super Hero per team... I just built a fun 665 point [our Standard for 1-on-1 matches] army using a custom [NM24 certified] Thor & The Heroscape Vikings. Another favorite is Iron Man & Omnicrons [which make great Stark Industries Battle Robots]. It's all about theme for me!
An even better WWII Captain America look is Cap + Airborne Elite + Drake vs. Red Skull + Microcorp. They look so much like Hydra from the movie!
We have a weird WWII them going at the moment that mixes Marvel and Classic. The American get the superheroes like Captain America (and the customs SGT Rock, Wonder Woman and Hellboy) as well as the assortment of groundpounders like the AE. The Germans get undead. The Soviets get the knights and certain kyrie that look good with them. The trick is to take these archtypal characters and figs and give them a period thematic "feel."

Not one step backwards!
Old July 29th, 2011, 08:39 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobWeaver View Post
Quote:
That's good stuff, Rev; Cap & The 4th Mass are ALWAYS a blast to play, great for beginners and veterans alike! In the spirit of the awesome new Captain America flick, which I just saw today with my daughter, girlfriend and Dad [for his 65th Birthday], why don't you try Cap with Sgt. Drake & The Airborne Elite? Thematic WWII action, especially if your opponent plays Red Skull with some Marro squads.

I LOVE mixing Classic with ONE Super Hero per team... I just built a fun 665 point [our Standard for 1-on-1 matches] army using a custom [NM24 certified] Thor & The Heroscape Vikings. Another favorite is Iron Man & Omnicrons [which make great Stark Industries Battle Robots]. It's all about theme for me!
An even better WWII Captain America look is Cap + Airborne Elite + Drake vs. Red Skull + Microcorp. They look so much like Hydra from the movie!
We have a weird WWII them going at the moment that mixes Marvel and Classic. The American get the superheroes like Captain America (and the customs SGT Rock, Wonder Woman and Hellboy) as well as the assortment of groundpounders like the AE. The Germans get undead. The Soviets get the knights and certain kyrie that look good with them. The trick is to take these archtypal characters and figs and give them a period thematic "feel."
You're my kinda Scaper, Rob!
You're right, MicroCorps DO look kinda like the Hydra guys in the movie, but I usually just use 'Clix Hydra guys. I mainly suggested the Marro because:

A] I figured Rev probably has TONS of Marro and wouldn't be into adding Customs to his game... [yet ]

B] In the 'Ultimates' version of Cap's origin, he is fighting Alien Invaders, not Hydra [I think they're called Chitauri or something like that], so we always substitute the Marro for any generic evil alien baddies as needed in our games. I can totally picture Red Skull selling out humanity to a malevolent alien invasion force, as long as he gets a piece of the new world.

Anyway, this thread rules, thanks for starting it Rev, thanks for allowing it Bats!
Old July 29th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Yes, the thanks should go to Bats for allowing my mis-placed, but well intentioned, posting.
Old July 29th, 2011, 10:10 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Yeah, our style of "you have to keep your current army until it loses" means the insta-kills are sometimes the only way to take an army down. We'll keep the regular rules.
Rev, even though we play completely different flavors of Heroscape [my games being built primarily around strongly-themed Armies and TONS of Customs mingling with a solid collection of Classic], I completely AGREE with your sentiment. Sure, it sucks when your XXX point Hulk gets Sniped on a lucky D20 roll, but them's the breaks, kid. My buddy Tom's 665-point 'C3G Superman & The 4th Mass' Army is UNDEFEATED in Tournament Play, so he is worth the 400 points. You want big results, you have to take big risks.
Old July 29th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Yeah, our style of "you have to keep your current army until it loses" means the insta-kills are sometimes the only way to take an army down. We'll keep the regular rules.
Rev, even though we play completely different flavors of Heroscape [my games being built primarily around strongly-themed Armies and TONS of Customs mingling with a solid collection of Classic], I completely AGREE with your sentiment. Sure, it sucks when your XXX point Hulk gets Sniped on a lucky D20 roll, but them's the breaks, kid. My buddy Tom's 665-point 'C3G Superman & The 4th Mass' Army is UNDEFEATED in Tournament Play, so he is worth the 400 points. You want big results, you have to take big risks.
Out of curiosity, how often does Tom's army use Heroic Duty in a beneficial way as opposed to it being used against him as a detriment?
Old July 30th, 2011, 01:03 AM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Out of curiosity, how often does Tom's army use Heroic Duty in a beneficial way as opposed to it being used against him as a detriment?
It actually almost never actually comes into play. Tom plays Superman in a very Non-Heroic way, almost like Superman on Red K... he either sends the 4th in ahead while Supes hangs back then flies in to clean up, or he sends the Big Blue Boy Scout on up ahead of the 4th, all depending on who he's facing. He basically always keeps them more than 3 hexes apart!
Old July 30th, 2011, 01:15 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
It actually almost never actually comes into play. Tom plays Superman in a very Non-Heroic way, almost like Superman on Red K... he either sends the 4th in ahead while Supes hangs back then flies in to clean up, or he sends the Big Blue Boy Scout on up ahead of the 4th, all depending on who he's facing. He basically always keeps them more than 3 hexes apart!
Yep, that falls in line with how I have seen Superman played and how I always play him - as a stand alone hero. I have pulled off some heroic duty before in the past, but I have found that it is all too easy for a clever opponent to trap Superman in a situation where he ends up taking a few leaving engagement attacks... and that really sucks for Superman. Lex Luthor is especially good at this, even when Superman tries to avoid it, but that is cool and intentional.
Old July 30th, 2011, 08:24 AM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobWeaver View Post
Quote:

You're my kinda Scaper, Rob!
You're right, MicroCorps DO look kinda like the Hydra guys in the movie, but I usually just use 'Clix Hydra guys. I mainly suggested the Marro because:

A] I figured Rev probably has TONS of Marro and wouldn't be into adding Customs to his game... [yet ]

B] In the 'Ultimates' version of Cap's origin, he is fighting Alien Invaders, not Hydra [I think they're called Chitauri or something like that], so we always substitute the Marro for any generic evil alien baddies as needed in our games. I can totally picture Red Skull selling out humanity to a malevolent alien invasion force, as long as he gets a piece of the new world.

Anyway, this thread rules, thanks for starting it Rev, thanks for allowing it Bats!
I gotta try that. I like Marro and they do have a creepy look to them.

Not one step backwards!
Old July 30th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Heroic Duty is most advantageous for the player playing Superman when Supes is parked next to Batman (or another, less thematic multiple attacker) and you're going up against a bunch of squads. The best way to consistently take down Superman, though, is to just make sure you have some solid special attacks in your army.
But, I shouldn't hijack Rev's thread with all this custom talk.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 30th, 2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
But, I shouldn't hijack Rev's thread with all this custom talk.
Par for the course considering the placement of the thread. Besides, you know we want Rev to give some C3G units a go.
Old July 30th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sure, but all in good time.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 30th, 2011, 10:53 AM

"It's all part of the plan."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's