Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Notices

Old April 29th, 2019, 07:23 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:
McHotcakes
I'm glad you said that about keeping the shard equipment separate. It would be cool seeing others with only one and this guy with both.

Regarding wound degradation, again I think it would have to mirror here. So Blade and Armor both start high but reduce with wounds. I like it theoretically because it adds a magical life to the stuff. I say theoretically because I don't know how wordy that'll be to make work. I look forward to seeing it.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old April 30th, 2019, 08:42 AM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is what I have so far

Feels like a draft, not loving it as a complete product, but there is something there.

Aside, you said his +1 Move is from the armor, should that be tacked onto the armor instead. If he were to get negated, should he still have that speed?
Does blade add anything, such as +1 Range?

Old May 5th, 2019, 01:21 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
This is what I have so far

Feels like a draft, not loving it as a complete product, but there is something there.

Aside, you said his +1 Move is from the armor, should that be tacked onto the armor instead. If he were to get negated, should he still have that speed?
Does blade add anything, such as +1 Range?
I like it so far. But I should mention that the shardblade does not degrade in combat. It's always in pristine condition. So we should probably remove the degradation part from that power.

That's a good point about losing speed as the armor gets damaged. Maybe "For every two wounds on this army card subtract 1 from Dalinar's move" or something along those lines.

The blade is described as being the size of a full grown man in the books, so probably around 6 foot. We could easily justify giving him a range of 2 but I think with everything else he has going on that might be a bit overkill.

Also for a mini I'm liking the look of this guy

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 6th, 2019, 12:00 PM

@McHotcakes
That mini looks perfect

Old May 6th, 2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHotcakes View Post
Spoiler Alert!

Old May 6th, 2019, 12:40 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I don't quite understand Shardplate. Is there ever a time when he would not get the extra Move? Aside from Morsbane negating him?

Old May 6th, 2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I don't quite understand Shardplate. Is there ever a time when he would not get the extra Move? Aside from Morsbane negating him?
Negation is my thinking. If he gets the move from the armor and we have the armor on his card, should he lose the armor, I assume he should lose the move gained from the armor now lost.

Old May 6th, 2019, 04:45 PM

What if he had a version of Frenzy for his third ability. Roll high and take another turn. Roll low and lose turns/remove OMs. Currently he is a thug, but he doesn't rampage?

Old May 8th, 2019, 01:48 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
What if he had a version of Frenzy for his third ability. Roll high and take another turn. Roll low and lose turns/remove OMs. Currently he is a thug, but he doesn't rampage?
I don't think a frenzy really fits with him. He's a man of honor who is all about control.

I think losing the Thrill should be a whole negative ability as that is how it is presented in the books. Dalinar was once a widely respected and feared warrior, but now whenever he steps out onto the battlefield his allies fear him as a liability because he freezes with guilt whenever he takes another person's life.

Spoiler Alert!
Old May 9th, 2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHotcakes View Post

I think losing the Thrill should be a whole negative ability as that is how it is presented in the books. Dalinar was once a widely respected and feared warrior, but now whenever he steps out onto the battlefield his allies fear him as a liability because he freezes with guilt whenever he takes another person's life.
Oh wow, well that's perfect then

So, how does the rest of the card look?

Should his personality reflect this guilt? Tormented? Mourning? Regretful?

Last edited by Confred; May 9th, 2019 at 11:59 AM.
Old May 9th, 2019, 02:43 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I like Regretful.

Old May 15th, 2019, 01:50 PM

Sorry my absence. I'll post an updated draft tonight or tomorrow.

Spoiler Alert!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum