Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 20th, 2022, 06:21 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Lord of the Rings customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Cool cards. Aragorn is like Duendain or something like that?
Yeah, as Taeblewalker explained, Dunedain are Men. I've got Aragorn as a Human on my card because I like the way Heroscape traditionally uses umbrella terms for their species, much like the way vampires, zombies, ghosts, etc... are all listed as Undead. Makes for more fun synergy webs, IMO. (I wouldn't want Aragorn to be somehow immune to Poison Ivy's pheromones or something like that.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I'm getting ready to delve into middle earth strategy battle game. I'll be putting most of it together with 3d printed armies. If you haven't seen it before, uts definitely worth a look.
Thanks, I hadn't heard of that game. (OMG it has figures on sprues - I didn't know that was still a thing!) I doubt I'll have a chance to play it; I don't actually own very many games myself, so most of my exposure to tabletop games comes through chas and a couple other gamer friends, none of whom own that game. Luckily for me Heroscape fills all my miniature gaming needs.
Old October 20th, 2022, 07:33 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Cool cards. Aragorn is like Duendain or something like that?
Yeah, as Taeblewalker explained, Dunedain are Men. I've got Aragorn as a Human on my card because I like the way Heroscape traditionally uses umbrella terms for their species, much like the way vampires, zombies, ghosts, etc... are all listed as Undead. Makes for more fun synergy webs, IMO. (I wouldn't want Aragorn to be somehow immune to Poison Ivy's pheromones or something like that.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I'm getting ready to delve into middle earth strategy battle game. I'll be putting most of it together with 3d printed armies. If you haven't seen it before, uts definitely worth a look.
Thanks, I hadn't heard of that game. (OMG it has figures on sprues - I didn't know that was still a thing!) I doubt I'll have a chance to play it; I don't actually own very many games myself, so most of my exposure to tabletop games comes through chas and a couple other gamer friends, none of whom own that game. Luckily for me Heroscape fills all my miniature gaming needs.
Sprues for miniature wargaming are used quite alot. Most of the major wargames I know of use sprues. I'm not a big fan of sprues but I do enjoy 3d printing. I have a 3d printing workshop in my house that has 6 3d printers in there. I can literally make full armies within the period of an evening if I want.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 21st, 2022, 10:54 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Hey Mr. Sherman! Did you ever look at incorporating the cards I did specifically to fit in with your cards for our Lord of the Rings game day we had a few years back? If I recall they fit in fairly seamlessly. Anyway, you’re welcome to them, or to redo them however you see fit. Anyway, just a thought. I always loved what you did with these cards and that game day was a blast.
Old October 23rd, 2022, 06:07 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I don't know what ever happened to those designs Grish, but you're more than welcome to post them here if you want.
Old October 23rd, 2022, 10:21 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Hey Mr. Sherman! Did you ever look at incorporating the cards I did specifically to fit in with your cards for our Lord of the Rings game day we had a few years back? If I recall they fit in fairly seamlessly. Anyway, you’re welcome to them, or to redo them however you see fit. Anyway, just a thought. I always loved what you did with these cards and that game day was a blast.
I would love to see them! Watching the Rings of Power got me back on a LotR kick and I recently beefed up my Sabertooth LotR Combat Hex miniatures ranks after many many years... and I will need cards for as many as possible!

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old December 20th, 2022, 07:45 PM

Re: Sherman Davies' Lord of the Rings customs - Riders of Ro

Decided to put some work into a new LotR card, the Riders of Rohan:

I also used the opportunity to revise my old Eomer custom to better suit the new squad:

Old December 20th, 2022, 09:59 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I really like these!

Old December 20th, 2022, 10:31 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Chaa--aa-aarge! Where'd you get those minis?
Old December 21st, 2022, 02:56 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nice! A fix for the Templar Cavalry too. I always liked the look of those figures but they were so expensive to purchase and in game they weren't that stellar competitively. Easily taken down by Q9 or ranged squads.
Old December 21st, 2022, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I really like these!
Thanks, TW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Chaa--aa-aarge! Where'd you get those minis?
Actually, I don't have these minis. (The minis shown on the card are from the Heroclix LotR game and go for about $10 a figure nowadays. The Riders of Rohan minis from the Combat Hex game, which is what most of my LotR customs use, are about triple that.) I'm pretty much finished buying new minis for Heroscape; any new designs I work on from here on out will be for fun, not necessarily for actual play in my games, although I suppose I can always proxy stuff if I feel like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Nice! A fix for the Templar Cavalry too. I always liked the look of those figures but they were so expensive to purchase and in game they weren't that stellar competitively. Easily taken down by Q9 or ranged squads.
Yeah, my original version of Eomer from way back in the day was an attempt to help out the Templar Cavalry, but they are so overcosted it wasn't enough, and it's a shame to have such nice minis wasting away collecting dust. This new Eomer takes a cue from SoV's Kantono Daishi and should be a much better fix for them.
Old January 17th, 2023, 08:04 PM

Re: Sherman Davies' Lord of the Rings customs - Theoden

Took a crack at polishing off the Rohan faction with a card for their king, Theoden:

I also bumped up the cost of the Mordor Orcs to 65, making them a little less meta than they used to be.
Old January 18th, 2023, 08:32 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Lord of the Rings customs - Theoden

Awesome. Exactly what the cavalry needs.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards