Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old July 10th, 2007, 05:17 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
Movie Discussion: Cloverfield

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/

For those who have seen Transformer probably scratched their heads at this little J.J. Abrams gem. The creator of LOST and Alias has stirred the viewing audience with a trailer for a movie that has no name, only a release date of 1/18/08. Nobody knows for sure what it's about. I've read several rumors which includes some awesome ideas.

The most circulated is that it's going to be based on the alien gods in H.P. Lovecraft's literary work, most famously Cthulhu.

Another rumor involves a possible remake of Godzilla.

A third rumor I've read is a live action Voltron movie, which could have been the reason why they played it before Transformers.

Who's Rob and why's he the focal point? Interesting....
Old July 10th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
I'm frightened and intrigued.

Oh, and here's a post about websites related to it's Viral Marketing Campaign, from ToonZone poster Jaguar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar
A few points of interest...

First of all, the trailer is online in crisp, delicious quality here.

Second, there's a lot of weird things going on at http://www.ethanhaaswaswrong.blogspot.com.

And finally, the creepiest link of the day: http://slusho.jp. (FYI: "Slusho" is another working title for the film, and after taking one look at this site, you'll see it's too weird to not have something to do with the movie. Try emailing satoshi@slusho.jp, and check out the reply.)

The viral marketing continues...
Also, the closest thing to an official site we know about, http://www.1-18-08.com.
Old July 10th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Soon to be Mrs. Tony Stark

DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Being that my favorite author is Lovecraft, I have mixed feelings about if I want it to have anything to do with it. Investing half a decade into the mythos, you want to be satisfied if they make another cinema effort.

That said, I am extremely interested and can't wait for whatever it is. The noise that it makes is delicious.

Doesn't seem Lovecraftian yet, but whatever it is, I'm now determined to find out.

I emailed slusho, too good. Hmmm....something Japanese leads it in my mind to be more towards Godzilla, or something in that genre, which wouldn't be bad if done correctly.

God, if it is Great Cthuhlu, let it be done right. So far, no, as pretty much anyone who would look at him would go insane or just out of exsistance in fear and madness. Dagon and the old ones, too small, and another over Lovecraft Elder Gods, no, not the feel....but....it is wonderfully thrilling to make me think such things.

[And DeceitfulBeauty finally beat NecroBlade at Heroscape. With Iron Man.]
Old July 10th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
This movie looks interesting. Johnny I'm definitely emailing the feedback thing on the Japanese site. The other site you posted really makes it seem like a Lovecraftian tale though. I'll bet that this movie has something to do with Cthulhu or is a move based on the Earth Chronicles

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old July 10th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Speaking of Lovecraft, I heard that the History Section on the Slusho site has a story eeriely similar to Cthulu. I wouldn't know, having never read any of his books, but that's what I heard.
Old July 10th, 2007, 06:08 PM

Reading through some threads on some other websites some people are speculating that it could be a giant alien worm or even a movie based on the Rampage video game.

A movie based on Lovecraft's characters sounds pretty creepy.
Old July 10th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokscry
movie based on the Rampage video game.
That would be awesome

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old July 10th, 2007, 08:13 PM

DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Speaking of Lovecraft, I heard that the History Section on the Slusho site has a story eeriely similar to Cthulu. I wouldn't know, having never read any of his books, but that's what I heard.
Went back and read it. Not eeriely similiar at all. Just weird.

The only connections to anything Lovecraftian would be just talking about the ocean, the bottom of the sea, and how the boy's mother disappeared.

Cthuhlu sleeps dead but dreaming at the bottom of the pacific ocean at R'lyeh. In his first appearence, "The Call of Cthulhu", a group sets off to find him after there are reports of dreams and they find a basrelief box and sculpture.

Twice during High School I did reports on Lovecraft, and once I made a website layout.

I'll try to find some info if it's still on the computer if anyone is interested in Lovecraft, and how it may connect with this movie.

Old July 10th, 2007, 08:58 PM

dragonfire has disabled reputation
Necro has a girl friend? Wow, thats a surprise!

And the movie trailer was so annoying! I want to know the monster! its like Lost all over again.

My Signature
Old July 12th, 2007, 04:06 PM

I was up until three in the morning looking at forums about this movie and now my head aches.

More theories:

RAMPAGE movie.

Clues:

2004 ACE (Or 198?-2004 ACE)

DEAD DEAD, Slusho

AND NOW Abrams is saying the EthanHaas has nothing to do with them, but I'm not sure. That's the only Lovecraft connection I can see, but the Lovecraft scholar in me is saying "NO! Don't let it be a Cthulhu movie this cheesy and changed and warped!"

*Cthulhu was in the pacific ocean, this is in New York.
More little details that could bug me.

But supposedly Abrams was approached to make a movie out of the Rampage games, and this is it.

Slusho involves an ingrediant from the ocean that is addicted and supposedly perfect. Connections? Galore.

I will be back, I'm sure.

Old July 12th, 2007, 09:29 PM

I heard the movie was going to take place in both New York and L.A., so there is still hope for Cthulhu. If it turns out to be a Rampage movie, I will be so disappointed. I want this to be like Blair-Witch freaky.

Has anyone played the Cthulhu XBox game?
Old July 25th, 2007, 07:22 PM

Looks like Comingsoon.net broke the mystery. We're getting monsters!!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=22579

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media