Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 5th, 2018, 09:55 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscaper 101 custom playtest [Updated]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I'm also confused. If Drake had 5 wounds on him and there was still an unwounded Tor-Kul-Na and Werewolf Lord, it seems highly unlikely to me that he would win the game.
If I continued the game Tor-Kul-Na would have killed Sgt Drake.
Old November 5th, 2018, 10:14 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

So Sgt Drake's team actually lost, not won like you said earlier?

It's always good to play the game to completion, even when the unit you're playtesting has been destroyed. It's important to know which army wins, because that can tell you where your point value could lie for your figure.
Old November 10th, 2018, 12:07 AM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Name Of Figure Being Playtested: Xul'drek

475 points:

Armies: Team 1 - Xul'drek(105), Feral Troll(90), Krug(120) and Su-Bak-Na(160)
vs
Team 2 - Airborne Elite(110), Tarn Viking Warriors(50), Raelin(80), Alastair Macdirk(110), Eldgrim(30) and Erevan Sunshadow(80)

Map: Home of the Drow and no Glyphs

Provide a brief summary of the game: I proxy the Bladerager Troll miniature for my custom hero Xul'drek.

How many kills: Airborne Elite 3/4 on round 1 turn 1, killed last Airborne Elite 4/4 on round 1 turn 3, Tarn Viking Warriors 2/4 on round 3 turn 1, Tarn Viking Warriors 4/4 on round 3 turn 2, Eldgrim the Viking Champion on round 4 turn 3, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior on round 6 turn 1
Ervan Sunshadow on round 6 turn 1 and Alastair Macdirk on round 6 turn 1

How many wounds dealt:
Heroes
Erevan Sunshadow 1/5 on round 2 turn 2
Alastair Macdirk 2/6 on round 2 turn 3
Erevan Sunshadow 2/5 on round 3 turn 1
Alastair Macdirk 3/6 on round 3 turn 2
Erevan Sunshadow 3/5 on round 3 turn 2
Erevan Sunshadow 4/5 on round 3 turn 3
Eldgrim the Viking Champion 2/3 on round 4 turn 2
Alastair Macdirk 4/6 on round 4 turn 3
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior 1/5 on round 5 turn 1
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior 2/5 on round 5 turn 2
Alastair Macdirk 4/6 on round 5 turn 2
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior 3/5 on round 5 turn 3

Wounds dealt to Xul'drek: 5 wounds by 3 Tarn Viking Warriors on round 2 turn 3, 1 wound by Erevan Sunshadow on round 4 turn 3, 1 wound by Raelin the Kyrie Warrior round 5 turn 1, 1 wound by Alastair Macdirk on round 5 turn 3

Which units survived: (Full-life Xul'drek(105), Full-life Feral Troll(90), Full-life Krug(120) and Full-life Su-Bak-Na(160))

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play: (Analyze how you feel about the unit. Do you think they're worth their points? More? Less?

Blade Frenzy: once on round 1 turn 1, once on round 2 turn 2, once on round 3 turn 1, once on round 3 turn 2, once on round 3 turn 3, once on round 4 turn 1, once on round 4 turn 2, once on round 4 turn 3, once on round 5 turn 1, once on round 5 turn 2, once on round 5 turn 3 and once on round 6 turn 1

Total: 12 times

Regenerate: once on round 3 turn 1, once on round 3 turn 2, once on round 3 turn 3, once on round 4 turn 1, once on round 4 turn 2, once on round 5 turn 1, once on round 5 turn 2, once on round 5 turn 3

Total: 8 times

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?
- This Troll is great on destroying multiple adjacent figures.
- Xul'drek doesn't get a boost to his attack like the Feral Troll.
Old November 10th, 2018, 11:57 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Looks like Team Utgar won by quite a large margin here.
Old November 16th, 2018, 07:02 PM

Name Of Figure Being Playtested: Sir Gallant

475 points:

Armies: Team 1 - Sir Gallant(135), Sir Dupuis(150), Concan(80) and Sgt. Drake Alexender(110)
vs
Team 2 - Krug(120), Kurrok(120), Torin(120), 1 squad of Goblin Cutters(50) and Me-Burq-Sa(50)

Map: Home of the Drow and no Glyphs

Provide a brief summary of the game: I proxy the Sir Denrick miniature for my custom hero Sir Gallant. On round 1 turn 3, boosted Sir Dupuis attack and Sir Dupuis killed a Goblin Cutter

How many kills: 4/4 Goblin Cutters, Torin on round 4 turn 2, Kurrok on round 4 turn 3, Krug on round 5 turn 3 and Me-Burq-Sa on round 6 turn 3

How many wounds dealt:
Heroes
2/5 Life on Kurrok on round 2 turn 2
4/5 Life on Kurrok on round 3 turn 1
2/5 Life on Torin on round 3 turn 2
7/8 Life on Krug on round 5 turn 1
2/3 Life on Me-Burq-Sa round 6 turn 2

Wounds dealt to Sir Gallent: Goblin Cutter dealt 1 wound on round 1 turn 3, Kurrok dealt 1 wound on round 2 turn 3, Torin dealt 2 wounds on ro,und 3 turn 2

Which units survived: (Sir Gallent 4/6 Life, Sir Dupuis 1/6 Life and full-life Sgt. Drake Alexander)

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play: (Analyze how you feel about the unit. Do you think they're worth their points? More? Less?

Double Attack: once vs Goblin Cutters on round 2 turn 1, once vs Kurrok on round 2 turn 2, once adjacent to Concan vs Kurrok on round 3 turn 1, once adjacent to Concan vs Torin on round 3 turn 2, once adjacent to Concan vs Torin on round 4 turn 1, once adjacent to Concan vs Torin on round 4 turn 2, once adjacent to Concan vs Kurrok on round 4 turn 3, once adjacent to Concan vs Krug on round 5 turn 1, once adjacent to Concan vs Krug on round 5 turn 2, once vs Krug on round 5 turn 3, once vs Me-Burq-Sa on round 6 turn 2 and once vs Me-Burq-Sa on round 6 turn 3

Total: 12 Times

Diamond Armor: once vs Goblin Cutter on round 1 turn 2, once vs Goblin Cutter on round 1 turn 2, once vs Goblin Cutter on round 1 turn 3, once vs Kurrok on round 2 turn 3, once vs Torin on round 3 turn 2, once adjacent to Concan vs Krug on round 5 turn 2, once vs Me-Burq-Sa on round 6 turn 1 and once vs Me-Burq-Sa on round 6 turn 2

Total: 8 Times

Haste: once at the start of the game

Total: 1 Time

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?
- Can boost Sir Dupuis with Knight's Courage
- Can take a turn at the start of the game
The figure used for this unit is Zhentarim Fighter from Auggies Wizards of the Coast D&D Set. The name and model number is Zhentarim Fighter Archfiends #40.

Last edited by Heroscaper 101; November 16th, 2018 at 11:47 PM.
Old November 16th, 2018, 08:02 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Hey H101, I think if you streamlined some things it would make your reports more readable.

For example, you're listing every instance of double attack. That's too much information to process all at once. Maybe just say "Sir Gallent used Double Attack X times, out of Y turns".

It's also very unclear to me how much his damage output is. I'm not sure what "2/5 Kurrok" means. It's not very important which wounds he gives, just the total number per figure. Combine it all with your kills section, like this:

Quote:
Did 3 wounds to Kurrok (killed him), 2 wounds to Krug (killed him), 1 wound to Me-Burq-Sa, etc.
Lastly, you don't need to keep describing the powers. We know what Haste does, so it's not really worth noting that you used it in exactly the only way it can be used. What you should keep track of is whether it was a benefit or not. Did he grab a glyph sooner? Did he get height faster? Did he close on a ranged opponent faster? That's what you should care about, not whether he used the power or not.

Last edited by superfrog; November 16th, 2018 at 10:50 PM.
Old November 16th, 2018, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Hey H101, I think if you streamlined some things it would make your reports more readable.

For example, you're listing every instance of double attack. That's too much information to process all at once. Maybe just say "Sir Gallent used Double Attack X times, out of Y turns".

It's also very unclear to me how much his damage output is. I'm not sure what "2/5 Kurrok" means. It's not very important which wounds he gives, just the total number per figure. Combine it all with your kills section, like this:

Did 3 wounds to Kurrok (killed him), 2 wounds to Krug (killed him), 1 wound to Me-Burq-Sa, etc.

Lastly, you don't need to keep describing the powers. We know what Haste does, so it's not really worth noting that you used it in exactly the only way it can be used. What you should keep track of is whether it was a benefit or not. Did he grab a glyph sooner? Did he get height faster? Did he close on a ranged opponent faster? That's what you should care about, not whether he used the power or not.
The figure used for this unit is Cleric of Lathander from Auggies Wizards of the Coast D&D Set. The name and model number is Cleric of Lathander Archfiends #001.
Old November 16th, 2018, 08:46 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Is this a response to my post? I've seen the card.
Old November 16th, 2018, 08:57 PM

Quote:
I am not sure if that answered your questions, should I take him to the Freelance Thread.
Old November 16th, 2018, 10:49 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
Quote:
I am not sure if that answered your questions, should I take him to the Freelance Thread.
I didn't have any questions. I didn't even say anything about the unit. I just made some suggestions on how to format and put together your playtest reports.
Old November 16th, 2018, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I didn't have any questions. I didn't even say anything about the unit. I just made some suggestions on how to format and put together your playtest reports.
I meant your previous post and you ok with his stats & powers.
Old November 16th, 2018, 11:30 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I meant your previous post and you ok with his stats & powers.
That was my very first post about that unit (and it was just about the report, and it applies to many of your reports).

His stats and powers aren't bad, but I did give some feedback in the Freelance Feedback Thread.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards