Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old February 17th, 2007, 11:26 AM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchonShiva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse
It's actually Occam's, not Ocaams.
Yeah, that one ws an actual typo. Pretty bad time to have a typo, though. Well, I was first to get one correct spelling! ^_^

As for the rest, I strongly propose we agree on this:

1. There are definitely hints both ways.

2. All of these hints can be discounted using quite reasonable counter-arguments.

3. We won't know for sure until we get an official answer, though any changes the next time we see SotM may strongly reinforce either position.

That said, it remains my contention (though I'm willing to stop calling it the most reasonable conslusion) that since the first pics we got of Wave 1 has Runa in it, the presence of multiple similar figures on the prototype box really doesn't mean much at all.

For the record, I don't actually care either way. Since I'm gonna buy at least two anyway, I'll have plenty of the commons in question.

Packing a set of Drones in there would have been a good idea, perhaps.
So at least we all end up misspelling the word one way or another, . Funny stuff. To be honest, I knew the spelling was wrong but was a bit busy to really look it up so I winged it, He he he. At least it gave us something to talk about.

I agree that the box is technically a prototype, but I will stand in the camp of commons. I agree that both arguments are compelling. Time will tell. Can we gloat or whine, depending, when it's finally revealed????

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old February 17th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
I suppose this would be a good time to throw in what I consider common in the ROTV master set.

Tarns, Marro Warriors, Zettian Guards, Krav Maga Agents, Izumi Samari. The Airborn Elite seem rather unique, and the Izumi are the weakest of the samurai (not to mention that the new samurai archers are common, so this is not unprecedented).
Old February 17th, 2007, 03:40 PM

jayko has disabled reputation
nice name zodgilla

Godzilla Rocks!!!
Old February 17th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Loves This Site!

ZODGILLA! Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayko
nice name zodgilla
Thank's cousin.
Nice avatar, jayko

ZODGILLA!
Not bad monster.
(Ten foot tall and bulletproof.)
Old February 18th, 2007, 10:28 AM

Teamski is surprisingly tart
I know I'm late on this one! Forgive me for any rehashing. I went home for a week to visit my ailing dad.

Having checked out the pictures of the new master set, why am I underwhelmed? They remade several figures and the terrain just looks blah. Oh, I will will purchase when available, but it just doesn't look inviting. I would of much rather have new figures than resculpts. I do like the large Marro figure, however, the female ninja-like figure looks like something straight from Mortal Kombat. And I thought the game was supposed to attempt to appeal to adult players a bit more.....

-Ski
Old February 18th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Best wishes to your dad Teamski.

I would be really disappointed to find Marro Warriors in the box. I already have 4 squads and don't really need any more. Combined with a re-issued Drake and Raelin that would start to push it over in into the realm of "too much stuff I already have to be worth the price."
Old February 18th, 2007, 12:32 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
I think the Marro giant should be named Nuk-Kel-Hed.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old February 18th, 2007, 01:12 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamski
I know I'm late on this one! Forgive me for any rehashing. I went home for a week to visit my ailing dad.

Having checked out the pictures of the new master set, why am I underwhelmed? They remade several figures and the terrain just looks blah. Oh, I will will purchase when available, but it just doesn't look inviting. I would of much rather have new figures than resculpts. I do like the large Marro figure, however, the female ninja-like figure looks like something straight from Mortal Kombat. And I thought the game was supposed to attempt to appeal to adult players a bit more.....

-Ski
If the original sculpts were better or the new ones sucky, sure. But c'mon Teamski, the new sculpts look really great and it's only a couple of them. The rest look quite interesting, and Q-Tip, I mean 10, looks imposing. As for the terrain, many people wanted swamp, and I don't see many other ways to do it. I hope you like it once it's in your hand.

Best wishes to your family.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old February 18th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: MYmeagerPREDICTIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Perhaps they'll up Raelin's cost and give her Stealth Flying.
I can't see increasing her Aura range and I just don't believe they'd toss in
two original MS figures with new sculpts without changes to abilities/stats/price.

I think Drake will be able to move and use his Improved Grapple Gun at the same time.
A house rule we use is that Drake can sacrifice one movement point for 5 vertical spaces of movement.
Old February 18th, 2007, 03:19 PM

fraz the gr8 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
we might find out all these things after the heroscape.com update
Old February 18th, 2007, 03:43 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamski

-Ski
Looking like something from Mortal Kombat ain't a bad thing in my book. I've never been a huge fan of that game but I think a lot of the characters are pretty cool looking. I think Shiori looks like a fun figure, wihtout even knowing the stats. A lot of cool looking figures in this set.

The only thing in this set that doesn't interest me? The resculpted Drake and Raelin. Although if they do have new stat cards I'm okay with it.
Old February 18th, 2007, 08:58 PM

Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker Phaethon knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
The only thing in this set that doesn't interest me? The resculpted Drake and Raelin. Although if they do have new stat cards I'm okay with it.
Ok, everyone seems to be assuming that Drake's and Raelin's stats will be changed... what would you want changed and why?

Never trust kids when they ask "Hey dad, can I borrow the car???"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News