Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old April 25th, 2011, 04:51 PM

Sertorius is surprisingly tart
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

It is probably the case that the designers didn't realize that "retiarius" is a common Latin word and not a name.

It's no issue though -- I made up a bunch of unpronouncable Beholder names; Ibixian should be no problem. Anybody know the Ibixian word for "hammer?"
Old April 25th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Strangely, it's "gesundheit."

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 25th, 2011, 05:03 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Strangely, it's "gesundheit."
Gah, burbled more tea onto my computer screen.
Old April 26th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Names are definitely something I take into consideration. Venoc Warlord sets enough of a precedent that I'm okay with a smattering of generically named Unique Heroes, but there are few enough official ones that I prefer that they have proper names.

To continue that thought a little, in my opinion names should be generally unique to the generic HS universe-Harry Potter would definitely get a NO vote from me, and a figure named Loki or Robin Hood better have a good reason.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old April 26th, 2011, 06:34 PM

Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
It's no small thing, at least for me. We are here to expand the canon but preserve the canon's integrity.

For me, anyway, you might call it an "uncapped column" issue.
There's only two things I can't stand in this world: those who stereotype other people, and closed-minded conservatives!

You sir, and everyone else a part of this project, are the latter.

Last edited by Kaemon Awasome; April 27th, 2011 at 08:23 AM. Reason: :D EDIT: Thanks Tiranx, not sure what I would've done had I left that hyphen... :)
Old April 26th, 2011, 07:00 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awasome View Post
Quote:
It's no small thing, at least for me. We are here to expand the canon but preserve the canon's integrity.

For me, anyway, you might call it an "uncapped column" issue.
There's only two things I can't stand in this world: those who stereo-type other people, and closed-minded conservatives!

You sir, and everyone else a part of this project, are the latter.

There is no hyphen in "stereo-type".
Old April 26th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the, erm, kind words, KA .

It's my plan in the next couple of days to go through the backlog and vote 'no' on a couple that, in retrospect, should not have gotten this far into the process.

It's not fair to the project for the backlog to look like this and I am going to cast a few votes, each of which will be painful, to take a good-but-not-just-right custom out of the queue.

= =
Old April 26th, 2011, 10:14 PM

Jonny Jon is surprisingly tart

Its a disservice if the designers didn't know retiarius was common name for one of the 6 commonly known gladiator types. I was just told last week by a scholar that 6 types are known well, but there was probably around 25 types.

I just assumed they didn't have a gladiator name that they liked that was of the net/trident mold.

The way to procure insults is to submit to them: a man meets with no more respect than he exacts. - William Hazlitt
Old April 27th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I apologize for the delay in my playtesting, but I have had a chance to play the Zombie Hulk quite a bit now; in fact, he has become a "regular" in our games now. (I think my boys no longer remember that the Feral Troll has a name other than "Zombie Hulk" .) Certainly no one in my home even asks if it's okay to use a Zombie Hulk in any given game; they just go ahead and add them in.

That to me is a testament to the quality of the design. (Yes, also to how long I've had them on the tables, of course, but nevermind that...) More so it points the quality. No one ever questions if it's fair to add one in and no one feels bad if they lose to a Zombie Hulk army (not that, sadly for the rampaging undead, that happens too often).

That last point is a critical one. The Zombie Hulk adds some fun flexibility to the Zombie army, but in no significant way that I've observed overpowers the Zombies. Zombie Hulks are incredibly carefully balanced and require a nice level of finesse and risk to play well, but they don't pay out with frequent wins, just more fun and a chance to do better in some match-ups. ("Doing better" not necessarily equaling "winning.")

They seem best with more than just one Zombie Hulk, but the cost and OM management to play an army with 2+ Zombie Hulk makes up for the increase offense and mobility. The other reviews have gone into the details with plenty of care, I believe. You rarely get to bring back a Zombie Hulk, but when you do, it's not like the other play feels like they've now lost the game. The other powers are very fun and help the Zombies out, giving them just a bit more oomph in ways they can use, but only with careful OM and movement attention and, even then, in a balanced way that doesn't make the Zombies rule the maps.

Anyhow, since we've all waited this long, I won't belabor it. I have no qualms about voting YES to induct the Zombie Hulk into the SoV.

Now, as I understand it, we'll have a brief review and vote in the C3V to ensure that there are no metagame or compatibility issues between any C3V units or plans and the Zombie Hulk, in order to keep these FanScape projects unified and vibrant.
Old April 27th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Are you planning on releasing approved SoV cards as high-quality PDFs ready to print?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 27th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Congratulations dok and Good Pig. Well deserved, and now we have to set about muddling through this mini-bureacracy for the first time.

Quozl, I believe it is part of our process to apply some polish to a card before it is unleashed on the world, without making any changes to it. Just minor formatting or coloring tweaks or something, if needed; one of my fellow judges please jump in here if I'm mistaken about that.

= =
Old April 27th, 2011, 11:33 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Wow, does this make dok and Good Pig's Zombie Hulk the first official SoV unit? Congrats congrats!

He definitely makes a fine poster child for the SoV too. So handsome.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs