Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Old March 10th, 2010, 06:51 PM

Altron_ZERO Woo who?
Re: Books: What are you currently reading?

Just started reading The Strain by Chuck Hogan in my book club at school. Lots of gratuitous goodness .

Old March 12th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Shane by Jack Schaefer

Old March 12th, 2010, 03:36 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Started Gregory Keyes' The Briar King

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old March 12th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Thumbs up Re: Books: What are you currently reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabSheila View Post
Shane by Jack Schaefer
Oooh, I loved that one.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 12th, 2010, 04:25 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

Just finished Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson. And now I can't sleep at night. The Van Eyck phreaking! The being buried alive!

Snow Crash sucked me in...I blame it all on Hiro Protagonist.

AW88

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old March 12th, 2010, 04:27 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnubianWolf88 View Post
Just finished Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson. And now I can't sleep at night. The Van Eyck phreaking! The being buried alive!

Snow Crash sucked me in...I blame it all on Hiro Protagonist.

AW88
Snow Crash was awesome and so was Hiro.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old March 12th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!

I just finished reading The Appeal by John Grisham. The end was not what I was expecting.

I also decided to go ahead with Prey by Michael Crichton. There are definitely plot holes in that one, but if you can get past them, it is a good read.

Old March 12th, 2010, 07:29 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Had a quick read "Black Sails of Troy" yesterday. Only 135 pages, so nothing special, but I love Mythology and found this version of the story pretty good.

Currently reading Percy Jackson and the Olympians with my daughter. We read 1-2 chapters per night. She loves the book and looking up the monsters and gods that are in it on google.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old March 12th, 2010, 08:38 PM
Uniquest Hero and Classic Drafter 2008

Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker

Just started "Mistborn: The Final Empire" by Brandon Sanderson - largely based on recommendations in this thread

So far - not dissapointed
Old March 12th, 2010, 10:13 PM

Altron_ZERO Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahrma View Post
Just started "Mistborn: The Final Empire" by Brandon Sanderson - largely based on recommendations in this thread

So far - not dissapointed
I LOVED THIS SERIES! Brandon Sanderson has to be my favorite author. The series kept my nose glued to the pages the whole way. It caused me to a get a few bad grades on tests during school due to reading in class

Old March 14th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Yay Spring Break! I have a nice pile of new books to be read.

I'm rereading Good to be God by Tibor Fischer at the moment and enjoying it much more this time around. The Thought Gang, by the same author, is one of my favourite books and this has a similar narrative voice and the first time I read it I was constantly comparing the two. This time, taking it on its own merits, I'm having much more fun with it. Recommended (but not as strongly as I recommend The Thought Gang).

Lined up is a bunch of books about food---a topic I've been enjoying reading about recently. They range from the theoretical through the practical to daydreaming about being a homesteader: In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan, Independence Days by Sharon Astyk, European Peasant Cookery by Elisabeth Luard, Forest Gardening by Patrick Whitefield, The Family Cow by Dirk van Loon and Raising Dairy Goats by Jerry Belanger.

I also have a Robert Heinlein book I haven't read before but I can't remember the title, and Jesuits in Space II by Mary Doria Russell (more sensibly called Children of God, but I think Jesuits in Space II is a much better name. It's a sequel to Jesuits in Space, aka The Sparrow, that I think was recommended to me in this thread---thanks to whoever did that!).

Also a semi-work-related book: Radical Simplicity by Jim Merkel (I'm teaching a course that involves calculating ecological footprints in the fall). The author gave a talk at my college last week. Inspiring, though not unquestionably flawless, stuff.

Edit. And Mombo101's Splintered Humanity Project fiction!

Last edited by ollie; March 14th, 2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old March 14th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
...and Jesuits in Space II by Mary Doria Russell (more sensibly called Children of God, but I think Jesuits in Space II is a much better name. It's a sequel to Jesuits in Space, aka The Sparrow, that I think was recommended to me in this thread---thanks to whoever did that!).
I think that was me. You're welcome!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books