Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old May 12th, 2020, 07:48 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
[Pod 2] Alabaster Sentinels (Rhox Veterans) - Editing

The Book of Alabaster Sentinels

Arena of the Valkyrie Master Set

Printer Friendly PDF

JANDAR
Alabaster Sentinels
Animata
Unique Squad
Sentinels
Resolute
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 1
MOVE 4
RANGE 1
ATTACK 3
DEFENSE 4

POINTS 60

Stone Form 2
If there are no revealed order markers on this card, add 2 to the Defense value of this card.

Headlong Charge
An Alabaster Sentinel can add 4 to its Move if it only moves in a straight line this turn.

The figures used for this unit are the Rhox Veterans from Arena of the Planeswalkers.

Bio
Spoiler Alert!

Editing Checklist: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...&postcount=123

Last edited by Captain Stupendous; March 22nd, 2023 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Updated action pic
Old May 12th, 2020, 08:15 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 2] Rhox Veterans - Design

Here's my draft of these guys from the Pre-Brainstorming thread:

Quote:
Rhinos of the Endless Desert

Jandar/Statues/Sentinels/Unique Squad/Dauntless/Medium 6

1 Life/3 Troops/4 Move/1 Range/2 Attack/4 Defense

Living Statues: If there are no revealed order markers on this Army Card, add 2 to the defense of this Army Card. If there are revealed order markers on this Army Card, add 1 to the move of this Army Card for every revealed Order Marker.

Desert Strength: Rhinos of the Endless Desert on a Sand space roll 1 additional combat die when attacking or defending.

70 points

I'll happily edit more in as I find them, but some sort of animated statues has been the general direction most scapers have been comfortable with. We don't have to give Avacyn the same statue powers as the Rhox, but I'll let that pod decide her fate.

I think probably the most important thing to ask ourselves about this design is what should the species actually be? That will tie these guys into whatever backstory, and may eventually result in c3v synergies.

Although my vision was for them (and Avacyn) to come from Valhalla, we can just easily say the statues are Animata from Arctorus or somewhere else, like D&D-land.

*Bold: I realized I never had a class in there lol.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 12th, 2020, 08:50 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

I like the living statue thing, but since these guys are Rhino warriors, but I think they should have some type of automatic shield ability. Below is a draft I made weeks ago:

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old May 12th, 2020, 09:18 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

The tricky part with calling them anything but statues or some sort is that the figure (and its complete lack of paint) needs to match the design. Without any gray on them, or any sort of color other than monochrome beige, we are kind of stuck calling them statues. We are trying to design the set with as low of a cost of entry as possible, and one of those costs is in time investment.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 12th, 2020, 05:46 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Eh, I dunno, "Stone" in their name kinda helps with that me thinks! (Or perhaps something like "Greyvox Elemental's", or whatever...?)

What about "Stone Warriors of Lindesfarme"...? Or some other desert area of Valhalla!

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old May 12th, 2020, 08:26 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I'd like to see some kind of "living statues" power that ties these and Avacyn together with a little bit of theme and a little bit of synergy. Here were a couple ideas:

LIVING STATUE POWER 1
After any turn, you may reveal your 'X' Order Marker on this card. While your 'X' Order Marker is revealed on a card with Living Stone, all figures you control with Living Stone add 3 to their Defense and cannot take turns.

This one is more direct synergy. Time it right and have your hero and squad create some bottlenecks and/or tank on a glyph.

LIVING STATUE POWER 2
At the start of each round after placing Order Markers, place a Shield Marker on this card for each Order Marker on it. Add 1 to [this]'s Defense for each Shield Marker on this card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, flip a Shield Marker over to a Sword Marker. Add 1 to [this]'s Attack for each Sword Marker on this card. At the end of the round, remove all Shield and Sword Markers from this card.

This one is more of a thematic connection, since it's almost anti-synergy, since you only have 4 OMs and therefore 4 markers to go around. As an example, if their base stats were 1A/2D, with all 4 OMs the become 1/6 before revealing any. Revealing the 1 makes them 2/5; 2 = 3/4, 3 = 4/3. We would also only be using 4/5 of the shield/sword markers here, but that's not a problem if we want a single marker to use somewhere else.

On a related note, reusing the species Animata seems very appropriate.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 12th, 2020, 08:48 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Here's my draft of these guys from the Pre-Brainstorming thread:

Quote:
Rhinos of the Endless Desert

Jandar/Statues/Sentinels/Unique Squad/Dauntless/Medium 6

1 Life/3 Troops/4 Move/1 Range/2 Attack/4 Defense

Living Statues: If there are no revealed order markers on this Army Card, add 2 to the defense of this Army Card. If there are revealed order markers on this Army Card, add 1 to the move of this Army Card for every revealed Order Marker.

Desert Strength: Rhinos of the Endless Desert on a Sand space roll 1 additional combat die when attacking or defending.

70 points

I'll happily edit more in as I find them, but some sort of animated statues has been the general direction most scapers have been comfortable with. We don't have to give Avacyn the same statue powers as the Rhox, but I'll let that pod decide her fate.

I think probably the most important thing to ask ourselves about this design is what should the species actually be? That will tie these guys into whatever backstory, and may eventually result in c3v synergies.

Although my vision was for them (and Avacyn) to come from Valhalla, we can just easily say the statues are Animata from Arctorus or somewhere else, like D&D-land.

*Bold: I realized I never had a class in there lol.
I definitely like this direction for the Rhox, although I think the Living Statues ability could possibly be improved slightly with the following tweak:

Quote:
1 Life/3 Troops/6 Move/1 Range/2 Attack/4 Defense

Living Statues: If there are no unrevealed order markers on this Army Card, add 2 to the defense and subtract 2 from the movement of this Army Card. A Rhino cannot make a leaving engagement attack if there are no unrevealed order markers on this card.
It's fairly similar, with a couple key differences.

Obviously the LEA clause is completely new, but I think its good for thematic reasons.

The biggest difference is that this version encourages you to place your "1" on the Rhinos, whereas the previous version encouraged you to place the "3" on the rhinos. However, I think this wording might be a little easier to understand, as it's no longer necessary to check for two slightly different triggers ("If no revealed order markers" then "number of revealed order markers").

I'm still not personally a big fan of a sand-based bonus ability, although I wouldn't dismiss it outright.
Old May 12th, 2020, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I'd like to see some kind of "living statues" power that ties these and Avacyn together with a little bit of theme and a little bit of synergy. Here were a couple ideas:

LIVING STATUE POWER 1
After any turn, you may reveal your 'X' Order Marker on this card. While your 'X' Order Marker is revealed on a card with Living Stone, all figures you control with Living Stone add 3 to their Defense and cannot take turns.

This one is more direct synergy. Time it right and have your hero and squad create some bottlenecks and/or tank on a glyph.

LIVING STATUE POWER 2
At the start of each round after placing Order Markers, place a Shield Marker on this card for each Order Marker on it. Add 1 to [this]'s Defense for each Shield Marker on this card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, flip a Shield Marker over to a Sword Marker. Add 1 to [this]'s Attack for each Sword Marker on this card. At the end of the round, remove all Shield and Sword Markers from this card.

This one is more of a thematic connection, since it's almost anti-synergy, since you only have 4 OMs and therefore 4 markers to go around. As an example, if their base stats were 1A/2D, with all 4 OMs the become 1/6 before revealing any. Revealing the 1 makes them 2/5; 2 = 3/4, 3 = 4/3. We would also only be using 4/5 of the shield/sword markers here, but that's not a problem if we want a single marker to use somewhere else.

On a related note, reusing the species Animata seems very appropriate.
Definitely agree that animata would be a good fit here as a species.

Of your other proposed abilities, I think I like the first one a bit better? It feels a little more like a "generic" ability that you would expect to see on multiple army cards, whereas the second one seems a little more specialized. I might slightly prefer this wording for the first ability:

Quote:
LIVING STATUE POWER 1
After any turn, you may reveal your 'X' Order Marker on this card. While your 'X' Order Marker is revealed on a card with Living Stone, all figures you control with Living Stone add 3 to their Defense as long as they have no unrevealed order markers on their army cards.
Old May 13th, 2020, 07:08 AM
I could go

@NecroBlade , any reason why Avacyn and the Rhinos need to share a power? I get the Rhinos getting something like this (they'll likely only have 1 or two powers), but Avacyn will already have Flying (or something very similar). Giving her a power that only reflects her stone body sadly means we won't have room to really make her play differently from the Rhox. (We can give her a third power, but I personally feel that any third powers should be a bare bones as possible for simplicity within the MS... this isn't the C3G after all).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 13th, 2020, 08:17 AM

Not a statue fan power fan, really. I think we need to do more outside the box thinking still, lol.

Elemental ability makes sense, and the Animata does too.

Old May 13th, 2020, 10:10 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Power name (lol)
Look Left, Look Right

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old May 13th, 2020, 11:14 AM

Or here's a longshot...what if we gave Nahiri figure the ability to summon these elemental animata things to the battlefield?

In addition to her flame sword ability, let her work some literal magic and summon these guys....?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs