Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old April 11th, 2016, 10:08 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Hearthstone

Making this thread so @Aldin will have a place where he can answer questions that I can answer poorly. And/or @vegietarian or others could answer correctly.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 11th, 2016, 12:05 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: Hearthstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I'm going to guess vegie says "no." The solo missions get you some good stuff, but you'll do better by playing more games against people, doing your dailies, and getting regular packs. The solo missions can wait.

Now let's see if I've correctly anticipated vegie.
Good guess. The Naxxrammas solo mission is actually going away soon, so if you want to play it ever you have to get it now. I wouldn't recommend that though, since at this point if you are new to the game you should probably confine yourself to collecting cards for Standard. It would be very difficult/costly to collect for Wild. Adventures are also pretty expensive for what you get. It takes like a week of grinding (assuming ~100ish gold per day) for 5 cards.

If you are looking to have a competitive level collection at some point in the future, just go for basics for now and then the newest expansion once you've collected enough. Eventually you will catch up.
Old April 11th, 2016, 02:43 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Will Standard also be cycling out the solo mission cards? I hadn't realized that. Well, Dr. Boom can't be gone soon enough.

= =
Old April 11th, 2016, 04:33 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hunh. More good info. Cool.

I'm just barely starting to get a feel for what works and what my opponents are likely to be playing. Some of the basic decks feel much stronger to me than others (Mage and Rogue feel very strong - Druid and Shaman feel pretty weak), but that may just be bad timing with opponents. I'm starting to recognize when I'm up against someone fairly unskilled like myself and when I'm up against someone with a real deck (or as real as it needs to be against basic).

So... baby steps.

Obligatory question - what are your favorite and least favorite class skills?

~Aldin, grateful to DS for setting up the thread

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 11th, 2016, 04:42 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

At the highest levels, I believe Druid and Shaman are both very strong, though I don't track that as closely as Vegie does. I know that in ranked play, I was just *crushed* by a Priest dragon deck, and I strongly suspect that player was on the way to take that deck to the lofty upper tiers. I was his roadkill. I don't think we lower-level players, Aldin, are really getting a sense of what works best among the one-percenters.

One of my favorite decks is my Paladin deck. His special ability doesn't do much for me, but he a couple cards that really favor Murlocs, so I have a Paladin Murloc deck.

As far as favorite class skill goes, I think my answer is Rogue, just because there are so many class (and other) cards that work with her nasty little toad-sticker in fun ways.

= =
Old April 11th, 2016, 05:50 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

So I started playing this game. Not sure what sets it apart from all the other games in the genre (a genre I have yet to be a huge fan of). We'll see if I still like it after a couple dozen plays or so.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 11th, 2016, 07:19 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Well, I'm ds3272#1519, for those interested in beating me up.

= =
Old April 11th, 2016, 09:03 PM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Blergh. Level 23, just played three games in a row against folks with 4+ legendaries each being played. What the heck?

~Aldin, disgustedly

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 11th, 2016, 09:09 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

You're that good! You can do it, Aldin, I believe in you!

= =
Old April 11th, 2016, 09:16 PM

Just what I needed, thanks DS!

~Aldin, winning the next one

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 11th, 2016, 10:23 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

This is actually one of the most balanced times in Hearthstone history in terms of class viability. You could reasonably play any class to Legend. I would not focus on trying to figure out what class is best but rather what cards are best, if you want to improve.
Old April 12th, 2016, 08:49 AM

Thanks for the game last night, DS! If I can manage the personal disappointment of a 1:5 win:loss ratio I might survive long enough to learn what I need to know. Here's hoping!

~Aldin, who lost to an amazing Druid combo last night that did, I think, 22 damage in a single turn - the other player said "I'm Sorry" three times as they were setting it up (used a series of cards to get three little ents and buff 'em to 6/6 while making the hero output at least 4)

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games