Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old June 13th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Tul-Bak-Ra in a Hole.

Okay, don't know if this has been thought of yet. And yes, I went and read the card, so don't tell me to read it.

Okay, say there is a castle that surrounds a 7-hex piece, leaving only one thing in the middle. Now if you put a 4/3 castle piece on it, it covers the top. So if Tul-Bak-Ra teleports into that open hole that is covered on the top, since he doesn't need LOS, can he just sit there and mindblast the crud out of anything that comes near, and be permanetly invunerable?

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old June 13th, 2009, 09:30 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Tul-Bak-Ra in a Hole.

No, because you go over to whoever is doing that and kick them in the junk.
Old June 13th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Its legit, but cheesy as heck.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old June 13th, 2009, 09:38 PM

oracle92 knows what's in an order marker oracle92 knows what's in an order marker

^Indeed...though maps will just have to be designed keeping TBR in mind I guess.

The dice help those who help themselves.
Old June 13th, 2009, 09:41 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle92 View Post
^Indeed...though maps will just have to be designed keeping TBR in mind I guess.
That's a very clever pun... +rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old June 13th, 2009, 10:32 PM

kpotassiumk19 is surprisingly tart

The AE can probably be dropped in there to. But then they can't attack so it is pointless.

"The greatest advice ever given to me was don't be an idiot. Before I do anything, I always think, would an idiot do this? If they would, I don't do it."

~Dwight, The Office
Old June 13th, 2009, 10:35 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Seems pretty cheesy, but legit.

I guess you just have to hope you've got more than 130 points of guys that can get more than three spaces away from the middle of the tower.

Or just don't make buildings like that. I usually put a column in the middle anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpotassiumk19 View Post
The AE can probably be dropped in there to. But then they can't attack so it is pointless.
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Book of Airborne Elite
-Rulings and Clarifications-

- THE DROP : Landing Under Overhangs
Can you use The Drop to drop the Airborne Elite into an area below an overhang?
No. (Hasbro FAQ)

Old June 14th, 2009, 01:08 AM

Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby! Elf_Archer rolls all skulls baby!

How many BoV maps have hollow hills to preserve hexes? A lot...

This will be major imbalance...

Elf_Archer is the Sacred Band...
in the GARNET CAVE...
Old June 14th, 2009, 01:18 AM

kafkaesque is surprisingly tart

But then you'd have to take the map apart to see if he can fit.

I think most people will not be jerks like that, but we may have to contact WotC about whether or not all open hexes are legal places to stand.
Old June 14th, 2009, 01:33 AM

Bahde knows what's in an order marker Bahde knows what's in an order marker

Am I missing something here? Do you mean to remove the tiles to put him there? I would assume that nobody allows you to move tiles on the board to fit figures anywhere.....so if its open access to place the figure he is not invulnerable to attack.
Old June 14th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

1. I'm not sure if you're technically allowed to move terrain to place a figure. Personally, I've been letting it happen in my house games. Sometimes, a figure can fit neatly under a bridge if you pull up the bridge tiles themselves, slide him under to fit in the concavity, and replace them. I allow that.

2. Pulling up tiles in a BOV map and finding a sealed TBR hidey-hole underneath would be awesome. I'm not sure that any of the hollows are really big enough to fit those blades on his back, but I hope such a thing is found to exist.

3. You can't move your opponent's figures to place your own, so if there's one standing on a tile you need to tear up and replace, I don't think it would work.

4. Any minute now, someone is probably going to get offended and reprimand us that we even thought of such a thing. Map designers never intended such spaces to enter into play, it's rules lawyering, it's an exploit, and wah, wah, wah, boo hoo hoo.

5. Even if TBN can't get into sealed spaces, he's still going to be able to evade forever against some melee figures on some maps. I'm sure tournament directors will never allow hiding your TBR in a cave. He's still going to be a great staller any way you slice it. Bring range!
Old June 14th, 2009, 07:26 AM

Kobu knows what's in an order marker Kobu knows what's in an order marker

No, it's not legit. The space you describe is not part of the map. Overhangs are allowed, but nothing completely inaccessible by regular movement.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's