Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 31st, 2010, 11:44 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of the Wyvern

Yes - a Wyvern could grab X17, but after it lands it would be stuck.

It won't matter though - my Estivara's venom will wreck X17.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 31st, 2010, 01:30 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post

KC, I see a troubling pattern. Is Estivara turning into the new Runa for you?

Last edited by Rich10; March 31st, 2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old March 31st, 2010, 01:38 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

And then my Dund will come in and paralyze all your guys in fear(Right after NGS mindshackles the Wyvern, of course)!

In all seriousness, we'll just have to wait and see how well X17 does!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old March 31st, 2010, 03:12 PM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Quote:

KC, I see a troubling pattern. Is Estivara turning into the new Runa for you?
I don't know - she is a lot like Runa, huh? She's an evil, female Utgar figure with a D20 Special Power that kills anything on a 20. The only difference is she's actually useful.

I don't think Runa will ever truly be replaced, but I do like Estivara a lot because she works well with my other favorite hero - Mittens.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 1st, 2010, 05:42 PM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, I managed my first Raelin snag today. My Wyvern had two wounds on it, but I decided to disengage from the two Greenscale Warriors who were engaged with me, flew over a tree, snagged Raelin and flew five hexes away. I parked her on a road in front of my Wyvern, towards my own forces who were a turn away on the road. I was thinking I'd put her there so my Torin could take her out next round. The Wyvern rolled for an attack, and there it was, four skulls. Raelin got no shields and died the next turn. It was the most amazing play of a great game.

Even without the Spiders, I think the Wyvern can be worth its cost if the opposing army is composed of some heroes that are worth snagging. If you are facing any kind of hero-pod, the Wyvern can fly in, grab someone, and take them away from the protection of the group. Or, if you can get close enough, it can take away the most important protecting figure (Taelord, Realin, etc).

I'd like to see the Spiders and a couple of Wyverns against an elf wizard build.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old April 1st, 2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Well, I managed my first Raelin snag today. My Wyvern had two wounds on it, but I decided to disengage from the two Greenscale Warriors who were engaged with me, flew over a tree, snagged Raelin and flew five hexes away. I parked her on a road in front of my Wyvern, towards my own forces who were a turn away on the road. I was thinking I'd put her there so my Torin could take her out next round. The Wyvern rolled for an attack, and there it was, four skulls. Raelin got no shields and died the next turn. It was the most amazing play of a great game.
Even if she would've rolled 3 shields, Venomous Sting would've made her take the wounds anyway.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 1st, 2010, 06:10 PM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Even if she would've rolled 3 shields, Venomous Sting would've made her take the wounds anyway.
I meant that on the next turn, Raelin got no shields and died. She didn't get to roll when the Wyvern got Venomous Sting.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old April 1st, 2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I meant that on the next turn, Raelin got no shields and died. She didn't get to roll when the Wyvern got Venomous Sting.
Ahhh, my bad. Sometimes I get caught up in correcting the rules without actually reading what I'm correcting.

And yes, I think Wyvern/Spiders could do very well against the Elf Wizards, as long as the Wyvern can survive long enough to get in there.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 1st, 2010, 11:16 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What happen if you move a figure with talon grab, or chain grab, adjacent to a figure with engagement strike?

Is it considered to be movement, or "placement?"
Basically is "placement" considered to me "movement?"
Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:29 AM

The figure would be affected by engagement strike.

I don't know where someone said that, but I'm pretty sure that's the ruling.

Jugger

Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:28 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengi View Post
What happen if you move a figure with talon grab, or chain grab, adjacent to a figure with engagement strike?

Is it considered to be movement, or "placement?"
Basically is "placement" considered to me "movement?"
Quote:
The figure would be affected by engagement strike.

I don't know where someone said that, but I'm pretty sure that's the ruling.
If you move an enemy figure adjacent your Greater Ice Elemental using Talon Grab or Chain Grab you can roll for the damage caused by Ice Spikes. So yes you can also roll the damage for an engagement strike if that is the case.

If this is wrong I would greatly appreciate a link to the ruling. Thanks.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:51 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

Played a game against a couple of Wyverns the other day, and I can testify to how much better they make the spiders. I played on a map with just two tiles of uncontained lava (i.e. on the same level as the rock spaces next to it), and was absolutly wrecked when it kept dropping figure after figure into the flow. He had his spiders run around holding the glyphs on his side of the field, and dropped a couple of figures into them too, which didn't turn out so well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units