Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Notices

Old January 30th, 2011, 07:51 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Hey, cool... I didn't know there was a thread for this... I'm a decent player but remain mediocre due to my unwillingness to spend too much $$$ on Yugioh.

Anyway, the most recent deck I've put together is a Pyro deck with quite a bit of Flamvell in it centered around searching and protecting Raging Flame Sprite. While playing a test game with my first draft of the deck a few days ago, a question came up: How long does the effect of Flamvell Baby last? We played it as only lasting for the turn, but it does not specify.
I think everyone around here either plays or has played at some point. We're just the select few to admit it.

I can't find an actual ruling, but I've always thought it was permanent. Every other stat boosting card specifies "until the end phase, etc", so I've always thought that everything else was permanent. Using Gale for Example it doesn't specify anything and it's permanent, so I'd play that it lasts until the targeted monster is removed from the field.

Old January 30th, 2011, 07:55 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Hey, cool... I didn't know there was a thread for this... I'm a decent player but remain mediocre due to my unwillingness to spend too much $$$ on Yugioh.

Anyway, the most recent deck I've put together is a Pyro deck with quite a bit of Flamvell in it centered around searching and protecting Raging Flame Sprite. While playing a test game with my first draft of the deck a few days ago, a question came up: How long does the effect of Flamvell Baby last? We played it as only lasting for the turn, but it does not specify.
I think everyone around here either plays or has played at some point. We're just the select few to admit it.

I can't find an actual ruling, but I've always thought it was permanent. Every other stat boosting card specifies "until the end phase, etc", so I've always thought that everything else was permanent. Using Gale for Example it doesn't specify anything and it's permanent, so I'd play that it lasts until the targeted monster is removed from the field.
Hmm... I guess that sounds right, I might have to buy a 2nd copy now

EDIT- Woah! Nice pull with the Vayu! The best I've ever gotten is a Shutendoji

Last edited by Kaemon Awa 123; January 30th, 2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old January 30th, 2011, 08:03 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

I used to play as well... I just sold my best cards including Exodia. I still have 4x Barrel Dragon and Dark Paladin.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old January 31st, 2011, 01:04 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOKIE View Post
This Sat. I'll be going to a regional with my friends.
Good luck. What deck are you running?
I didn't play, just hung around. I did play Summoner Wars there.
Out of about 350, my friends placed 2nd & 10th. Now most of my team has their invites for Nationals. I have never gotten close & a lot weaker player from a couple weeks ago.
I play for fun and have a ton of cards & decks.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old January 31st, 2011, 06:23 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here's my current trade list, which I'll probably update as more cards come to mind.

Wants, in order of importance:

Dark Resonator.

Ancient Fairy Dragon (this one will come down if I pull one, which seems likely as much as I buy AP).

Allure of Darkness (holo or common).

Dark Horus.

Ryko Lightsworn Hunter.

Jain Lightsworn Paladin.

2x Cherry Inmato

Haves:

Ojama Yellow Token that was given out at TRU tournaments.

Blackwing Vayu, the Emblem of Honor. (Ultra)

Bottomless Trap Hole (played).

Red Eyes Wyvren (x3).

Dark Bribe (common).

Elemental Hero Shining Flare Wingman (Ultra).

Rainbow Dragon (secret, tin).

All cards in my videos unless they were specified as not for trade when the video was posted.

I have a lot more than this so if you have a want list I'll be sure to look at it. These are just some highlights.

Last edited by Chardar; February 7th, 2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old February 7th, 2011, 03:55 PM

KoaKi Meriu Beetle-Super
Fortune Lady Water-Rare
Offering to the Immortals-Rare
Battle Fader-Ultimate
Djinn Prognosticator of Rituals-Rare
Cherry Inmato-Rare-Not For Trade!
Pyramid of Wonder-Rare

Dragon Knight Draco Equiste-Secret
Archfiend of Gilfer-Super
The Wicked Dreadroot-Super-Not For Trade!
Dark Armed Dragon-Super-Not for Trade!
Dragonic Knight-Super

Not too bad, but I still hate tins.

I also updated my trade list so I no longer want DAD. I replaced it with 2x Cherry Inmato though.

Last edited by Chardar; February 8th, 2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old February 18th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Ninja Dust

Can someone post all the rules for Yugioh.Can people even do that or is the rules too long? I do not remember how to play .Well I used to have at least 700 cards but I gave them to a friend of mine. I'm going to get them back. Inn those cards I had 6 biue eyed white dragon. And I had a card called the ultimate dragon or the thres blued eyed white dragons make it up.
Old February 18th, 2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Dust View Post
Can someone post all the rules for Yugioh.Can people even do that or is the rules too long? I do not remember how to play .Well I used to have at least 700 cards but I gave them to a friend of mine. I'm going to get them back. Inn those cards I had 6 biue eyed white dragon. And I had a card called the ultimate dragon or the thres blued eyed white dragons make it up.
Here's a PDF of the rules.

Not a whole lot.

Future Visions-Super Rare.
Earthbound Whirlwind-Super Rare.
XX Saber Fulhemknight-Super Rare.

Old February 18th, 2011, 03:15 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Here's a PDF of the rules.
Cripes! The rulebook sure has changed since I was a player

Tuners&Synchros seems to be the only big difference other than the color scheme(WAAAY back then it was the Egyptian theme).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 18th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Ninja Dust

What does the yugioh set with the playing mat and the rulebook look like?
Old February 18th, 2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
What does the yugioh set with the playing mat and the rulebook look like?
Any of the structure decks or starter decks come with a mat and a rulebook. Just look for them at your local Walmart. Warriors Strike, Machina Mayhem, Zombie World, Duelist Toolbox, and Marik are still pretty easy to find.

Old February 18th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Ninja Dust

I will buy one tomorrow. Thanks Chardar you have been a help getting me back into Yugioh.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games