Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old July 6th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
The Book of Sonya Esenwein

The Book of Sonya Esenwein
Fields of Valor - Collection 7 - "Heroes of Elswin"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio:Lady Esenwein has sworn her allegiance and her life to Cyprien and Cyprien alone. She is powerful especially in the presence of Cyprien. She is able to soar over the heads of her enemies and ignore terrain that would impede normal troops. She drains the lifeblood of opposing foes to heal her own battle wounds.

Utgar has come to rely on the Esenweins when he wants to win and conquer, especially for strategic positions on the many battlefields of Valhalla. Sonya has proven herself as a skilled warrior; her powerful blade weaves a wall of steel that is as effective defensively as it is on the attack.
(Hasbro)

Synergy Benefits Recieved
  • - ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury
    As a Unique Hero that follows Utgar, Sonya Esenwein may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - ETERNAL STRENGTH : Cyprien Esenwein
    Sonya adds 2 to the D20 dice roll whenever Cyprien rolls for his Chilling Touch ability.

C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Ranking and Master Index
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by spider_poison
    Sonya Esenwein-Though Sonya was mostly made to help her husband, she can still suck the life out of unsuspecting victims. B+
Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Last edited by R˙chean; April 11th, 2015 at 03:19 PM. Reason: VC synergy added
Old July 6th, 2007, 02:48 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Sonya is a must-have if using cyprein. but she can be used on her own. For only 45 pts you have a character that can self heal, has 3 life, can fly, and stands a good chance of killing a squad member a turn.

I wonder why hasbro designers have her at 45 pts, and not 50. I wonder what caused this flux of 5 pts on her card. It seems like such an odd number to have. Anyway her with cyprien is a duo I can't wait to try out.
Old July 6th, 2007, 02:51 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I think she's 45 instead of 50 because someone said, "Let's make her cost 45 points." Then they playtested her that way and she seemed fine. Had they went with 50 points originally, she would cost 50. IMO, most 'scape figures would be just about as good in a 5 point range.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 6th, 2007, 02:52 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
I wish she was 50 because her + Cyrien is 200, but since she's 45, it's an odd 195. Throw in the Tagawa Samurai Archers and it's 250. I think she is a must have for anybody who puts Cyrien in their army because that +2 to his roll for Chilling Touch is very helpful. Heck, I wish her +2 to roll could be for all of the Vampires. Even better, for all Utgar forces you control you add +2.
Old July 6th, 2007, 09:42 PM

dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby!
My with her.

Sonya: Is best with Cyprien, but can be good on her own. B+

Currently Sigless.
Gotta Go to the Sig Bank.
Old July 6th, 2007, 09:48 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I suppose it's worth mentioned that the "anytime" on her card should be "any time."

"Anytime" is an adjective, while "any time" is an adverbial phrase.

Old July 6th, 2007, 10:56 PM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce3062
I wish she was 50 because her + Cyrien is 200, but since she's 45, it's an odd 195. Throw in the Tagawa Samurai Archers and it's 250.
Check your math. 195+65= 260

As for Sonya I think that +2 to Cyprien's ChillingTouch is very helpful. Thats a whole +10%! Thats like the Lucky 20-sider Glyph + Su-bak-na for Marros. And for only 45 points!

Old July 6th, 2007, 11:18 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness
And it's a lot more than just a 10% die increase because of the great value of the high-end probabilities. Without her, Cyrien averages 1.05 wounds per Chilling Touch, but with her he averages 1.55. Big difference!
Old July 7th, 2007, 10:36 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!
I see the two ETERNAl powers on this card as basically cancelling each other out. She might be better off being played without her hubby.

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old July 7th, 2007, 10:54 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
As an undead, she's immune to zombification.
Old July 7th, 2007, 11:13 AM

nickmodaily has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggler
I see the two ETERNAl powers on this card as basically cancelling each other out. She might be better off being played without her hubby.
If one is willing to draft Sonya all by herself, why not just spend five more points and draft Iskra all by herself (without the Rechets)? In essence, when you draft either of these two figures without their counterparts, they are identical except that Iskra has one more life and costs 5 points more. In my opinion, this is a FANTASTIC deal since that one extra life can be gained back multiple times using Life Drain.

"It is not possible to fight beyond your strength, even if you strive."
Homer, Iliad, XIV 1. 214
Old July 8th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggler
In a game using both her and her hubby yesterday, she ended up taking the 2 "heartbreak" wounds when said hubby died... however, she quickly flew up and sucked two knights dry, restoring her back to full health. Given her ability to life drain, the heartbreak risk is minimized, and definitely makes her worth drafting along with the hubby to give his special rolls a +2!!

Plus, I simply love the thematic interplay between these two characters! I hope we get to see more "relational" powers in the future.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units