Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News
AotP News Sightings, official news, etc.

Notices

Old November 19th, 2015, 02:55 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!
Re: First Expansion "Battle for Zendikar"

He's a colorless hero, not a Planeswalker, so basically he would just replace squad points for any Planeswalker technically
Old November 20th, 2015, 10:50 AM

HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker

Does the expansion cards text have been spoiled somewhere?
Old November 24th, 2015, 01:25 AM

RePhil is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroTempest View Post
Based on the images I've seen so far, I'm unhappy with the expasion. It brings only 15 new spell cards (3 for each color I believe). In this case, the 2 black pw can't be played together, as it's gonna lack of cards and army cards.
The worse with Kiora: if someone picks up her, Jace AND Nissa can become unavaliable to play. I hoped that for Kiora and Ob would be at least a deck for each, plus some cards for another colors as well.
True... that's one of the reasons I'm considering getting a second of each sets. That way every planeswalker can choose among all possibilities.

One thing I was wondering about... do you think that the dual colored planeswalker will have a limit on how they can build their armies? For example, max 50% of points in one color and/or a maximum of points spent on a single spell/unit. That way it would be similar to the card game.

I ask because in the card game, if you put 2 (or more) colors in one deck, it can hinder your ability to cast single colored spells. In a 60 card deck you might have 20 mana cards.

In a deck with 2 colors, you might have 10 of each colors. So sometimes you can't do anything because you only have let's say red mana but your hand is full of blue spells. For the same reason, you wouldn't put any cards requiring too much of the same color in the deck.
Old November 24th, 2015, 08:06 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I think it looks like a fine expansion to me. But because it continues the plan of "cheap price and minimal stuff" compared to other games, I think it will take several years before its a fully realized design, with lots of cards, figures and terrain for deckbuilding and multiple possible combinations for army building. All the more reason to combine AOTP with Heroscape for the foreseeable future.

Smaller expansions such as card packs would certainly help move things along.
Old November 24th, 2015, 09:30 AM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
I think it looks like a fine expansion to me. But because it continues the plan of "cheap price and minimal stuff" compared to other games, I think it will take several years before its a fully realized design, with lots of cards, figures and terrain for deckbuilding and multiple possible combinations for army building. All the more reason to combine AOTP with Heroscape for the foreseeable future.

Smaller expansions such as card packs would certainly help move things along.
Agreed and agreed. This is clearly a long-term project for Hasbro/WotC. However, with as many other fantastic choices board gamers have these days, they need to make sure AotP isn't forgotten. The Magic brand has some power in the deep nerd forest, but casual gamers have no problem passing it over.

In order to stay relevant, they need to pump out some sort of expansions basically quarterly.
Old November 24th, 2015, 11:02 AM

HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker HeroTempest knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RePhil View Post
One thing I was wondering about... do you think that the dual colored planeswalker will have a limit on how they can build their armies? For example, max 50% of points in one color and/or a maximum of points spent on a single spell/unit. That way it would be similar to the card game.
I think it's possible to mix any cards and army cards from those colors (blue and green) respecting the points cap. Kiora can go full blue or full green.

I see the point for slowly progress until you have plenty of resources to play everything. But still, it's a core set plus an expansion and you can't enjoy it fully. There's a rumor about a standalone game that should fix everything. Anyways, I'm getting my 2nd copy of the core set and solving my issues
Old December 2nd, 2015, 08:53 PM

Amazon sent me an email about expansion estimate arrival on Dec 18th. But the game just releases on Dec 31st.
Does anyone else that pre ordered from Amazon got the same thing?
Old December 2nd, 2015, 09:34 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

It is actually in stock now at Amazon Link

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old December 2nd, 2015, 09:51 PM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
It is actually in stock now at Amazon Link
Estimated delivery December 8th for me with prime.
Old December 2nd, 2015, 09:53 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

HeroTempest,

How would a Stand Alone game solve our issues? Would it be more complete?
Old December 3rd, 2015, 03:10 PM

jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby!

Amazon says mine will arrive Saturday. Will post images if this is true.
Old December 3rd, 2015, 03:11 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsanner2 View Post
Amazon says mine will arrive Saturday. Will post images if this is true.
Same here, Fingers crossed!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News