Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old February 10th, 2019, 09:07 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I don't know yet but it seems like a lot of interest! Maybe we could even do a team of heroes and a team of villains. I'll start up a thread when I figure out what I'm doing.
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=55547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 12th, 2019, 03:19 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I had a chance for a shakedown 2 Player game of Galactic Warlords: Battle For Dominion on Sunday. We had a great time, got most of the rules right, and looked up some FAQ on Bgg during our game, making up a home rule call once or twice as we wait for official answers. This week I'll try the Solo mode, and hopefully then do a game with 3-4 players!

I've written out a Retail Edition Contents List and Rules Edits for the booklets, not that there are many, and a few FAQ on Bgg. You can also read my first impressions there, with some speculation on what might be included in the expansion that will eventually come as well.
Old February 13th, 2019, 07:39 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

My gaming is picking up these days! I'm adding some Sundays to my regular Saturday invitation schedule, and another pal is running Wed. night games in the huge conference room at his workplace in lower Manhattan.

After losing a first FTF match of Galactic Warlords: Battle For Domination, I've now beaten the Solo Mode AI in both Standard and Difficult Mode, so I guess I'm catching on.

Tonight (Wed) I'll be trying out Cataclysm (GMT) with the owner for another first time game play. Its a wide open for alternate history design about WWII at the Grand Strategic level, juggling whole armies with economics and politics. You draw chits from a cup, some of which precipitate all kinds of situations and crises in a totally unexpected sequence. Sounds wild!

Although the publication of almost all of my upcoming games have been pushed back a month or two lately (as usual), I'll be getting and playing about a game a month this year on the average. March should see the huge Kickstarter package for Red Alert: Space Fleet Warfare (GMT), which they managed to get to escape velocity before the Chinese New Year February shut down began this year. Its on its way to the worldwide distribution centers, and should be on schedule for March!
Old March 3rd, 2019, 06:18 AM

Lots of DEEP SPACE goodness happening here. Playing Star Trek Ascendancy, even though the new Vulcan and Andorian expansions are now delayed until "2nd Qtr." And the giant Kickstarter Commands & Colors in Space--Red Alert: Space Fleet Warfare is now due out at the end of this month!

Meanwhile I'm enjoying my new Galactic Warlords: Battle for Dominion. I've solitaired the game at 1-4 players, and now done FTF with 2 and 3 players. Just have the 4 player team game to try out FTF, but I'm anticipating more plays at all counts. I had to do some FAQ work on the rules, but now its running smoothly! And it does take only 2 hours or so to play, even though its a 4x game.

I'm also getting ready for some GAME OF THRONES REVIVAL PROJECTS, after moving about 25 other boxes to reach down into the closet for Battles of Westeros (2 Player tactical) and Game of Thrones, 6 Player Strategic), both by Fantasy Flight. It turns out some of my newer pals are actually playing them at their places, so they should be fairly easy to get players for. Good ol' Tablewalker is the inspiration for BOW, as he loves Battle Lore, which it was based upon, although its not C&C or by Richard Borg, so "A Battle Lore Game" on the box cover was controversial and misleading at the time. However, its pretty good in its own right. I also met Kolakoski years ago when he was looking for a Battle Lore opponent. I left out a small Heroscape set up on the table to perhaps interest him as we played BL, and the rest is history...after I played with Sherman Davies a few times at a Manhattan game store.

Battles of Westeros came out after the first GOT TV season, and has early battles between Starks and Lannisters, plus minor allies of both in its several small expansions. I never finished up the only large expansion, the last published product for it ) House Baratheon, which culminates in a giant three scenario campaign on The Battle of Blackwater Bay, the huge naval/land action at the end when Stannis Baratheon attacks the Lannisters at the capital Kings Landing. Maybe this time I'll get to finally try it out!

A HEROSCAPE note too: Fans of the new C3V Pirates of Tortuga squad (see The Homepage) may want to pair them with the custom of Captain Jack Sparrow from the Heroes of Fiction thread which Taeblewalker mentioned to me, since he's in that group, when I asked him whether C3V is preparing any Unique Pirate Hero also (apparently they are not). Not having looked over there for a while, HOF has some other good cards I printed out too! We've used some of their older designs in the past in our games. They also make good Treasure Glyphs.

Last edited by chas; March 3rd, 2019 at 06:58 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2019, 12:35 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Love the HoF! Thundarr, Erik and Sleestak, that is the Saturday mornings of my youth.
Kratos is one of the coolest designs I have ever seen. There is a MegaBloks figure for him now.

Last edited by Tornado; March 3rd, 2019 at 05:19 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2019, 04:23 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Love the HoF! Thunder, Erik and Sleestak, that is the Saturday mornings of my youth.
Kratos is one of the coolest designs I have ever seen. There is a MegaBloks figure for him now.
Thanks for the props on Kratos. Im going to see about 3d printing some of him

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 3rd, 2019, 05:20 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Great design. I need to pick up that figure. It is a little big but I figure that is OK for a god killer.
Old March 3rd, 2019, 05:54 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

On Friday night, my Gloomhaven group completed our 25th game. So far, we love the game to death. There's no wonder why it's ranked #1 game of all time on BoardGameGeek. We were initially worried that the game might come to feel samey over repeated similar dungeon scenarios, but the game continues to throw surprises at us in both gameplay and lore. Can't recommend it enough.

Also got to play Istanbul with the Mocha & Bakeesh expansion and Roll Player last night. As someone who enjoys statistics and analytical thinking, both of these games hit some sweet spots for me. Istanbul is all about movement efficiency and making sure you've got a plan to go to specific locations in certain orders. Roll Player involves dice management to craft the perfect RPG character.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 3rd, 2019, 06:31 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Must've played 100 games of Gloomhaven by now. Have a half completed one up in my office right now! Coop/solo are so much easier for me to get played than competitive games. (Really need to figure out a decent AI system to play Heroscape that way).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 3rd, 2019, 06:36 PM

Walking Dead has good mechanics for AI. Could work as a base for Scape AI.
Old March 3rd, 2019, 06:37 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Are they available to read online?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 3rd, 2019, 06:39 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Love the HoF! Thunder, Erik and Sleestak, that is the Saturday mornings of my youth.
Thanks for the props on Kratos. Im going to see about 3d printing some of him
Thank you! Thundarr and Erik were my lead designs. I also did the Blob and (with a lot of help from the team) Ookla the Mok. Where we left off was Spock, which was also supposed to be my design, though we haven't looked at him in ages.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games