Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old February 27th, 2020, 01:32 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Utah Monthlies 2020

Heya folks! As you're gearing up to prep your armies for Saturday, we wanted to throw out a quick clarification on a couple of rules as far as your team building goes to make sure there's no confusion. The rules are these:
  • You cannot have the same army card in both teammate’s armies
  • RotV Raelin, Major Q9, Deathreavers, and Captain America Restricted — you may only have one of these per team (if your teammate has one, you cannot)

The first rule applies to all figures. You and your teammate cannot have the same army card in your armies. (So, for example, you can't both have Kaemon Awa or Airborne Elite.) This applies to common figures as well since they are copies of the same "card." (So, for example, you can't both have Phantom Knights (one of you can still have multiples of it, though).)

The second rule uses a "restricted" classification, which basically means that rules are even more strict for those 4 cards. You can only have one of those figures, if any, between you and your ally. So if you're running RotV Raelin, both you and your ally can't be running Q9, Captain America, or Deathreavers (even though those are all different cards.) This is because each of these figures are super game-changing, especially in our meta, and we want to avoid combinations that abuse them. (There are still a lot of powerful armies to run with each of them even with the restriction!)

Hopefully that clears those classifications up! Feel free to inquire further if it doesn't, or if there are any other questions out there! Hope you're all excited for the awesomeness that will ensue on Saturday!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old February 27th, 2020, 01:41 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Just letting everyone know, in the past Ive brought a bunch of snacks for everyone and since my wife is working at pepperidge farms again Ill be bringing a bunch of cookies for everyone to munch on. Should be a fun time. Im glad Ill be getting to come down and roll some dice with you guys. Its been too long.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 28th, 2020, 10:14 AM

shmet Woo who?

@BiggaBullfrog

I want to come tomorrow, but I'm not sure I'll be able to find a teammate. If I don't, how would the tournament work for me?

EDIT: I just reread the OP and found the answer to my question. So count me in as RSVP'ed!

Icke skall jag frukta. Ty, fruktan är sinnedödaren. Fruktan är den lilla döden som bringar fullständig förintelse.
Old February 28th, 2020, 11:10 AM
I'm Feeling Inspired To Play Some Gladiators

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmet View Post
@BiggaBullfrog

I want to come tomorrow, but I'm not sure I'll be able to find a teammate. If I don't, how would the tournament work for me?

EDIT: I just reread the OP and found the answer to my question. So count me in as RSVP'ed!
No Michael, this month??

rest assured, we will have you covered! Either we will find you a partner, or you may run it solo if no partner can be found. We will be providing supplementary armies for those that need them.
Old February 28th, 2020, 06:35 PM

shmet Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodaciousBlood View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmet View Post
@BiggaBullfrog

No Michael, this month??

rest assured, we will have you covered! Either we will find you a partner, or you may run it solo if no partner can be found. We will be providing supplementary armies for those that need them.

Michael is coming! I just hadn't talked to him yet.

Icke skall jag frukta. Ty, fruktan är sinnedödaren. Fruktan är den lilla döden som bringar fullständig förintelse.
Old February 29th, 2020, 10:31 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

After everyone had left, I found a white plastic bag with 2 RotV Ruins in it. If this is yours please let me know.
Old March 1st, 2020, 12:11 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Thanks everyone. I had a great time. Just wanted to give a shout out of how awesome the Utah/Idaho group of scapers is.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 1st, 2020, 04:57 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Agreed, this is a fantastic community we have going.... Congrats to @TREX and @dart48 for a solid win yesterday (my game against them was easily one of my favorite loses of all time!)

H E R O S C A P E
Old March 1st, 2020, 10:15 PM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks everyone who participated in our tournament yesterday! It was a fantastic time (with probably one of the best Soul Devours in Heroscape history!). It was a great record-setting tournament with 37 participants showing up! We're incredibly lucky to be living in an area with this great of a community!

The final standings and armies have been posted. I'm also happy to say that with team tournaments being such a crowd favorite, we're looking to be using them more often, and with different variations. For example, we've been talking about Team Dungeon Defender, Team Assassination, and I'm personally pushing for a Team Reverse the Whip! So look forward to some great formats for the rest of the year!

Stay tuned for our next month's format, a nice hit from last year: Scraps!

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old March 1st, 2020, 10:29 PM

UTAH MONTHLY APRIL 2020

When: April 25th, 11 AM (Please arrive 10 minutes early to register)

Cost: $5 (100% of entree fees go to prize support!!)

Format: Scraps
Polish your spears, clean out your muskets, and stoke your bonfire; it’s time to get scrappy! This format specializes in quick and action-packed games, with small maps and armies that you place all over the board to jump straight to the fighting!
  • 375 Point Armies
  • 15 Figure Limit
  • MUST have at least 1 Unique Hero or Squad worth 100pts or more
  • C3V & SoV allowed, Official Marvel NOT allowed this month
  • Power Glyphs: Unique Attack +1, Move +2, Initiative +8, D20 +1, Wound, Healer
  • Treasure Glyphs: Elixir of Speed, Belt of Giant Strength, Giant Hunter Stone, Ring of Protection, Scarab of Invulnerability, Brooch of Shielding
  • 8 Rounds 25min each.

HOW SCRAPS FORMAT WORKS
There are NO designated startzones on the selected maps. Before the game, players roll off with the D20. The player rolling the highest gets a choice: He can deploy first OR be granted a +8 to the first initiative roll of the game.

Whoever deploys first, will place a single card's worth of figures on any empty spaces on the map not adjacent to another figure (and not on any glyphs). Players will alternate this placement. If all non-adjacent places are taken, players can begin placing figures adjacent to previously placed figures. If you place a figure next to an opponent's figure, they get a single engagement strike as if they were breaking engagement. If they place next to a friendly figure, no strike is made.

If you'd like to see this format in action please watch this video:

Raffle: Lucky 7!
If your army has 7 or fewer figures in it, you will be entered into a raffle for a sweet sweet prize!

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

Standings:
Spoiler Alert!

PLEASE BE SURE TO RSVP so we can be sure to accommodate maps, prizes, etc. for all attendees.

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; March 19th, 2020 at 10:08 AM.
Old March 13th, 2020, 11:28 PM

We've only got two weeks until game day arrives! I know things have been crazy here and in the world lately (more on that later), so hopefully our event can become a bright point in this turmoil of events! While you're all preparing, check out these awesome brand-spanking-new maps that have been provided by the community! (These are all coming from my Call for Scraps Maps -- the mapmakers have all really outdone themselves!)

Skyborn: 1/2 RotV, 1 TT

Encumbered: 1/2 RotV, 1 RttFF

(Image is being temperamental, will work on fixing ASAP.)

Siron: 1/2 RotV, 1 RttFF

Hot Frogger: 1/2 RotV, 1RttFF, 1 VW Placeholder name, waiting on download link

Talus: 1/2 SotM, 1 FotA

(Image is being temperamental, will work on fixing ASAP.)

Rust and Ruin: 1/2 SotM, 1 FotA

Marshmello Swamp: 1 SotM, 1 TJ Waiting on download link, can combine into a larger map or make the two smaller scraps maps

Dungeon Pool: 1/2 BftU, 1 RttFF Sister map to Treasure Dungeon

Treasure Dungeon: 1/2 BftU, 1 FotA Sister map to Dungeon Pool

Kaesh: 1 BftU, 1 VW

Sandy Beach - Stoney Coast 1 BftU, 1 TJ Waiting on download link, can make two separate maps or one combined map. (We will be using the combined map.)

10 Points Under Videos

Old March 13th, 2020, 11:50 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Hot Frogger: 1/2 RotV, 1RttFF, 1 VW Placeholder name, waiting on download link

I love the name - it's gotta stay!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events