Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 24th, 2020, 06:37 PM

Starling_ Woo who?
Re: Utah Monthlies 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starling_ View Post
I just finished confirming with my dad. We'll be there, but yes we do need to leave early around 4.
Just make sure you throw at least one of your games so you guys don't go undefeated by the time you have to leave.
in fact, I'll volunteer to have one of your "thrown" games :P
Haha I appreciate your generous offer, but I'll have to pass since last game we played your Silver Surfer barely survived and ended up wrecking my dad and I. I can't let that go unavenged.
Old September 24th, 2020, 06:49 PM

Starling_ Woo who?

I do have a few questions for the tournament directors about standing on the glyph.

Agent Carr- So would his Phantom/Ghost Walk be disabled then? I would think so since its an ability.
Marutuk- His Lumbering Stride seems more like a physical thing because of his size more than an ability. I would think he/she can still do this. Is that correct?
Vipers/Archer- On the first turn before frenzying I'd assume the figure on the glyph can move. If they frenzy, can the other figures still frenzy if the one on the glyph isn't included?
Drones- The figure on the glyph can't use any powers from the card. If I roll to use 9, can I move the one on the glyph as if I'd never rolled to see how many I can move? Because you always get to move 3, and I could count him as one of those 3. Then if I roll well, move another 3-6 figures. Am I thinking this through right? Or would I just never be able to use that figure when using the card's ability ie. I can only ever move 3 drones?
Old September 24th, 2020, 07:39 PM
I'm Feeling Inspired To Play Some Gladiators

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker

In this tourney, any figure on the glyph is negated. Marutuk would not be able to use her long strides.

Where it gets complex is with squad figures. If a venoc viper is on the glyph, then that player roles for frenzy, that figure may not benefit from that ability. The rest of the figures in that squad can benefit.

Marro Drones is another interesting situation and I would say that ability doesn’t directly affect the figure on the glyph. Those would be fine. I would like Bigga and Leaf to confirm that though. But, per the rules in the OP... I say it’s a go!

It is important to note that anything that affects the figure from a card that is not that figure’s own is not negated. Bonding, for example would be just fine. auras affecting the figure on the glyph are still active.

Does that answer those questions?
Old September 24th, 2020, 07:44 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

ooooo, the Drones a a really good corner case. The ability lets you activate up to 9 figures instead of the normal 3. Negating that ability would still allow for the 3 base squad figures to move/attack as normal. So the logical conclusion that I come to, is that you can move the glyph figure, as long as they are one of the first 3 figures moved.
Old September 24th, 2020, 07:45 PM
I'm Feeling Inspired To Play Some Gladiators

BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker BodaciousBlood knows what's in an order marker

Well put
Old September 24th, 2020, 09:40 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Oh yeah, I was thinking about the Drones a while ago but forgot to talk to the other organizers about them. There are a few corner cases like that we'll have to watch out for, and since Heroscape isn't really meant to negate individual squad figures it'll just take a ruling because I don't think just going by what's written in the power actually works. So Drones would be an exception either way, because if negated you can still activate a squad, but since not the whole squad is negated you still roll for Hive Swarm. Ultimately I think we allow it, because not allowing it just kills a Drone army. It's an exception we just have to make.

There were a few other squads that had come to mind earlier that I can't remember right now off the top of my head, so if you're reading this and are curious about a squad figure just ask so we can make a ruling now rather than on game day. I'd hate to have to make a ruling that would hurt a player either way when we get into it on Saturday. Yes, it might reveal what army you're playing, but I don't think that's going to change anyone else's game plan. We're not that cutthroat.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old September 25th, 2020, 02:13 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I have my maybe +1 confirmed and a another +1 maybe to add.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 25th, 2020, 02:14 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Also, are we doing a break or not since the tourney is later now?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 25th, 2020, 05:07 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

1-5pm, it went back to the "normal" time last month. Regardless, both times had lunch breaks.

And in other news, I now am unable to make this month's meet, sorry. I hope my absence evens out attendance numbers.
Old September 25th, 2020, 01:21 PM

Starling_ Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodaciousBlood View Post
In this tourney, any figure on the glyph is negated. Marutuk would not be able to use her long strides.

Where it gets complex is with squad figures. If a venoc viper is on the glyph, then that player roles for frenzy, that figure may not benefit from that ability. The rest of the figures in that squad can benefit.

Marro Drones is another interesting situation and I would say that ability doesn’t directly affect the figure on the glyph. Those would be fine. I would like Bigga and Leaf to confirm that though. But, per the rules in the OP... I say it’s a go!

It is important to note that anything that affects the figure from a card that is not that figure’s own is not negated. Bonding, for example would be just fine. auras affecting the figure on the glyph are still active.

Does that answer those questions?
Yes thank you! Thats good to know about the bonding as well. Thanks!
Old September 25th, 2020, 10:59 PM

Jazack is surprisingly tart

I'll be able to attend

Also, would anyone just so happen to have 5 squads of fyorlag spiders that I could use tomorrow?
Old September 25th, 2020, 11:37 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Also, are we doing a break or not since the tourney is later now?
Last time we had a mix of people who had eaten before and who hadn't eaten yet, so we took a short break. At this point we'll probably play it by ear again since we forgot to hammer it out earlier, which means we probably will take at least a half hour after Round 2.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events