Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old January 15th, 2019, 05:09 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla Design Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
She still doesn't feel like a Hunter to me, or a Scout for that matter.
Are you still leaning towards Warlord? If so, what part of the sculpt/character leads you to think that?
Old January 15th, 2019, 07:03 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I can’t speak to Lazy’s rationale, but those who look at this sculpt and see a spoiled rich royal or something are discounting the possibility of her being fearsome or commanding - how much by her lack of mass or gender?
Old January 15th, 2019, 07:10 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Her pose and regal dress speak of a warrior queen, to me.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 15th, 2019, 07:27 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

I can’t speak to Lazy’s rationale, but those who look at this sculpt and see a spoiled rich royal or something are discounting the possibility of her being fearsome or commanding - how much by her lack of mass or gender?
?

I don’t think anyone is saying she’s spoiled or worthless or not powerful. If that was true why would we be doing a design for the figure?

I feel like I made my points pretty clearly. The bright silver and green armor feels very regal to me. That makes me think she’s somehow tied to royalty. Nothing to do with size or gender.

I also just think Elf and Warlord are two things that don’t mesh perfectly. Not that they don’t mesh at all, but it’s just slightly off-kilter in my opinion.
Old January 15th, 2019, 07:31 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Agreed with Nobody. 'Warlord' connotes a certain aggressiveness and militarism that I don't really associate with elves in general or this sculpt in particular.

EDIT: Though I do think Queen or Champion would resonate with me a lot more than Scout or Hunter would - I was originally more in the Scout/Hunter camp, but I've been swayed from that.

Last edited by Ronin; January 15th, 2019 at 08:00 PM.
Old January 15th, 2019, 07:32 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I can't really see her being a Scout when dressed in full armor (and even placing some on her wolf) at all. Hunter fits slightly more (and I'd rather see a base high movement than a lower one boosted by the Venoc Warlord anyway), but I'm still not a fan of it at all. I do like the idea of Double Assault with a short ranged (4-ish feels right for a spear) attack to represent the wolf, though.

I really don't care for dual personalities. To me, they too often feel like excess ornamentation, and in this case, Inspiring doesn't even have any tangible effect. Choosing Relentless could represent the wolf well enough, but then we'd be facing Death Knight bonding and the question of why this unit is based more on the mount than the rider, unlike every other mounted unit that we've seen so far.

As for the class of Warlord, I've personally always thought that an Elven Warlord would be a natural addition to the game, especially if it partially bridged the gap between Elves and Vipers, and this sculpt feels like a battle leader to me. If people are wanting synergy (I don't think that synergy for the sake of synergy is a good idea, though), then Warlord would be one of the best avenues to go down--it avoids adding a new power to the game, and designing a bonding hero is a lot easier than reverse engineering a boost into some squad.

That said, I do get a little bit of the feeling that some might be "settling for second place" with a Warlord class. If the group wants her to work with Aubrien Archers or Warriors of Ashra, then making her a Warlord over a Champion or Queen really doesn't make much sense.
Old January 15th, 2019, 08:40 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

If going the nobility route, would Lady work? The vampires already prove that you can both noble and battle ready.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 15th, 2019, 09:24 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

If we went with Lady, she would be able to revive the Skeletons of Annelintia, so I don't think that specific class could work. I'm sure that there's another one with a similarly noble theme that we could use, though.
Old January 15th, 2019, 10:03 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Queen sounds awesome.
Old January 16th, 2019, 02:11 AM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

Why not make her a warrior princess?
Old January 16th, 2019, 04:05 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Warrior Queen sounds cooler to me, but I certainly have nothing against this and it's the sort of direction I'm looking in.

Personally, I still have no issue with Warlord, and I quite like the idea of Armoc bonding and a little more synergy across Ullar's factions (something that the Venoc Warlord boosting the Aubriens has already provided to a degree, so we'd be expanding the connective tissue), and I could still see her as a Queen if classed as a Warlord - a sort of an Elven Boudicca. I actually quite like Warlord with something along the lines of Ullar's Battle Dance mentioned a couple of pages ago, or Queen providing Elf/Ullar synergy. Either sounds good to me. Making her a Scout or a Hunter feels like it's betraying the sculpt, who feels clearly like a regal, valiant leader. I sort of see her as a Warrior Queen with the ferocity of Boudicca and the nobility of Aragorn, personally.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 16th, 2019, 02:05 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Warrior Queen sounds cooler to me, but I certainly have nothing against this and it's the sort of direction I'm looking in.

Personally, I still have no issue with Warlord, and I quite like the idea of Armoc bonding and a little more synergy across Ullar's factions (something that the Venoc Warlord boosting the Aubriens has already provided to a degree, so we'd be expanding the connective tissue), and I could still see her as a Queen if classed as a Warlord - a sort of an Elven Boudicca. I actually quite like Warlord with something along the lines of Ullar's Battle Dance mentioned a couple of pages ago, or Queen providing Elf/Ullar synergy. Either sounds good to me. Making her a Scout or a Hunter feels like it's betraying the sculpt, who feels clearly like a regal, valiant leader. I sort of see her as a Warrior Queen with the ferocity of Boudicca and the nobility of Aragorn, personally.
Well said! Battle Dance an inspiring term . . .

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards