Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old October 31st, 2008, 02:26 PM

Ted_Danson is surprisingly tart
TV Show: The Wire (may contain spoilers)

I have just finished the 4th season, and I am getting ready to start the 5th, and I all I have to say is, this show is the best.

If you like TV with sad realities, no happy endings, and crazy situations that actually feel real, then watch The Wire.

Since I have not seen season 5 yet, and I don't really want to ruin this show for anyone, I'll hold back the urge to cry about all of the things that have happened in the first four seasons.

If anyone else want to talk though, feel free, I'm all ears.

Huggable Zombie, KingArthur1976, Utgarsrage, and Scapegeek are all great traders.
Old October 31st, 2008, 09:06 PM

Ted_Danson is surprisingly tart
Re: TV Show: The Wire (may contain spoilers)

So I'll drop a few of the elements here so more people might be interested to watch it.

It is loosley based on real life events in Baltimore.

The focus of the series is a major crimes unit that gets wire taps on known drug dealers.

The show is well written, the creators being an ex-Baltimore Detective, and ex-Baltimore reporter. It features real ex-political figures and ex-criminals in the cast, people who know and respect the creators.

The portrayal of both the criminal and police element is amazing. It definately doesn't glorify either aspect, instead making them both reality, showing the short comings for both sides more than bad vs good.

Anyone who likes a good crime movie should watch this show, because each season plays out like an amazing epic 13 hour film.

Huggable Zombie, KingArthur1976, Utgarsrage, and Scapegeek are all great traders.
Old October 31st, 2008, 10:27 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: TV Show: The Wire (may contain spoilers)

I finished watching season five a couple months ago. Great series, and if that was truly the grim reality of the streets of Baltimore... ignorance is bliss.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV