Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old January 23rd, 2008, 01:29 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!
Heroscape Packaging Ideas

bad calvin wanted someone to start a thread so I did.

Heres my two cents. Flag bearer boxes used for small expansions, not as large, bulky, and will make the cards easier to get to.

EDIT: Please move to general discussion.

DWARVES!
Old January 23rd, 2008, 01:48 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
I like that one.

Mine? If we can't do a unified Aquilla's Alliance pack, split them up into some of the uniques in either a new master set, new unique packs, or both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old January 23rd, 2008, 01:48 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Lol, I was kind of kidding because there was so much discussion on it to begin with.

But *shrug* why not.

My idea (not really the best) is just to basically take the existing blisters and put them in a flag bearer sized box.

In the box you could have 2- 3 "units" of the same type, NOT MIXED AND MATCHED. You would get more in the alloted shelf space and you would not be limited to "waves". The wonderful thing you could still charge the $10 for them. This would allow for multiple miniatures of the same type to be purchased not only by the loyal fans, but by folks seeking the miniatures for proxy for other games. You would also bank online because folks could buy your "viper pack", or gorrilanator pack. You would be able to gauge which miniatures are the most popular by this as well.

Uniques you would still want to put in a "hero pack", just make sure you have your ratio good with commons, because the Hero packs are only going to be purchased ONCE.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 01:51 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Split the product numbers up, between RETAIL CHAINS, and HOBBY SHOPS...

Hobby shops can order product numbers that relate to each and every expansion pack... so they have control of what they order for their customers.

Retail chains just order the master sets primarily, and then a "semi random" selection of addons, that WOTC controls the choice of what gets sent... so they can just send 20 booster packs and make most of them common and a few uniques. Why? because most of the retail chains have no clue what they are ordering and just keep ordering the same thing, with no regard to the fact the area is over saturated with that item.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious
Split the product numbers up, between RETAIL CHAINS, and HOBBY SHOPS...

Hobby shops can order product numbers that relate to each and every expansion pack... so they have control of what they order for their customers.

Retail chains just order the master sets primarily, and then a "semi random" selection of addons, that WOTC controls the choice of what gets sent... so they can just send 20 booster packs and make most of them common and a few uniques. Why? because most of the retail chains have no clue what they are ordering and just keep ordering the same thing, with no regard to the fact the area is over saturated with that item.
Thats kind of why I like my idea. Smaller packaging based on type of miniature would allow them to make more use of the space. The flagbear sized boxes could have 18 different types of commons for us to choose from in the space that one Tundra would take up. Not restricted by waves these things would sell like hot-cakes. Even a little kid that happens about it and sees he is getting 6 little figures to play with. He could get the robots and the army men. That sort of thing.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 02:01 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin
In the box you could have 2- 3 "units" of the same type, NOT MIXED AND MATCHED.
This is my main wish as stated so well by bad_calvin "NOT MIXED AND MATCHED. And put in at least two squads per pack like the zombie pack. Or as someone else stated in another thread they could be purchased according to point cost. The flag bearer boxes is also a good idea, without the window.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 02:03 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!
If not the same exact squad one that makes sense.

Swogs and arrow gruts, heavy and balde gruts, glads and blasts, armocs and venoc vipers, and so on...

DWARVES!
Old January 23rd, 2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland

Swogs and arrow gruts, heavy and balde gruts, glads and blasts, armocs and venoc vipers, and so on...
Naw the same squad. The only time to make it different is if they are unique units that you only need ONE of.

The beauty of this set up is being able to order the units you need. Also being able to get more on the shelf in the limited space.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 02:25 PM

RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby!
Loose the window, or do a small window for like one fig.

In other words, package them like they do the blind boosters for D&D or SW minis, but non-random.

As I understand, that saves money.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageAngel
Loose the window, or do a small window for like one fig.

In other words, package them like they do the blind boosters for D&D or SW minis, but non-random.

As I understand, that saves money.
yep, and most importantly. MORE MINIATURES to choose from as there will be more space available. If done well we won't have the limitations of waves either. I mean it would be stupid to put like 40 of these army boxes and have them all be vipers. Mix it up so that shelf is always moving with lots of commons to purchase. I think if you put a seperate sku on them, then the retail chains would be able to special order the miniatures a person needs or wants as well. The historics guys will love it. So will us players. Getting ready for a tournament? Buy the army you want by buying the boxes.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 02:41 PM

Dryden has disabled reputation
On behalf of everyone that hit this brick wall after they discovered Heroscape as a newb:

Include instructions for fitting the contents of the master set back into the master set box, or alternately supply a $5 coupon for storage solutions from companies such as Rubbermaid, Sterilite, and Plano.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 02:42 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland

Naw the same squad. The only time to make it different is if they are unique units that you only need ONE of.

The beauty of this set up is being able to order the units you need. Also being able to get more on the shelf in the limited space.
I object. For most common squads, I want 3 squads, not an extra squad.

I'd rather me be able to control what amount I get. For example, the armocs/vipers suggestion. 3 packs of those, instead of 2 viper packs and two armoc packs.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion