Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old October 20th, 2008, 02:23 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Skyknight's Hirst art terrain thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Love the Hirst Arts stuff. I've been a lurker over at the site for several years now. Haven't made the plunge and ordered anything, but with this you may have just put me over the top.

If you do go over the top perhaps we can work out some sort of deal where you pay for some molds and i pay for some molds and we do switchies
Definitely!

-insert signature here-
Old October 20th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Awesome work, Sky!

Newb.
Old October 20th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sky knight, do you find the molds of items match up with 28 mm scale like Heroscape figures?

Or are they better suited for 15 mm scales, which seems to be what some people in their gallery used.
Old October 20th, 2008, 05:31 PM

dickflea Woo who?

Nice work Sky. I especially like the paint work. I have been meaning to get some moulds too but have just been procrastinating. I thought of doing some walls for Tannhauser.

Looking forward to more of your projects.
Old October 25th, 2008, 12:59 PM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart

wow amazing work!

DeadEye
Old October 25th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great stuff, but how are spaces/hexes going to be integrated into it all?

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old October 25th, 2008, 05:13 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Sky knight, do you find the molds of items match up with 28 mm scale like Heroscape figures?

Or are they better suited for 15 mm scales, which seems to be what some people in their gallery used.
You can buy the 1 and a half inch blocks that correspond more to Scape...these 1 inchers are good for Descent and D&D
Old November 23rd, 2008, 06:23 PM

elf326 is surprisingly tart

Wow, I'm late to this thread. Awesome work!

If you ever make that water cavern you were talking about, I'd love to see it!
Old November 23rd, 2008, 06:46 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Funny you should mention that....I am in the process of sealing the ends to form the river right now. I shoulda used 5 min epoxy...I chose Goop....note to self...Goop eats foam...stand by....this may not be a good thing.
Old December 3rd, 2008, 10:41 AM
assistant leader

Well I salvaged my river pieces though I am not 100% sure I like them a whole lot. I am almost finsihed with the cavern set and then I will post pics.

So tell me all my custom terrain gurus, I used a resin...enviro something to make my water...did a great job but it is not cheap. Is there a good water making resin or pour I can use that is less expensive. I really want to do a cavern lake but I am scared to death of what that would cost me in resin.
Old December 8th, 2008, 01:21 AM

Miniature Geek is surprisingly tart

Awesome work Sky, man I remember the first things you showed off, your awesome dragon repaints, followed by those sweet Omnicron transformers.

Your music's bad and you should feel bad.

My Customs

Better Posting and You Revisited.
Old December 8th, 2008, 10:56 AM

pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby! pegasus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
Well I salvaged my river pieces though I am not 100% sure I like them a whole lot. I am almost finsihed with the cavern set and then I will post pics.

So tell me all my custom terrain gurus, I used a resin...enviro something to make my water...did a great job but it is not cheap. Is there a good water making resin or pour I can use that is less expensive. I really want to do a cavern lake but I am scared to death of what that would cost me in resin.
I don't think I ever came upon a cheap, yet working, solution for that one. At least not if you want the translucency.
On the bright side, a real cavern lake would probably be dark, almost black, with hardly any transclucency at all. I think you'll get a nice cavern lake from some paint and a couple of layers of heavy gloss coating.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles