Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old March 15th, 2008, 06:49 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I was upset that I was finally going to get to GenCon and was not going to get the chance to shake the hand of Gary Gygax...but I will get the chance to shake Rev's hand and tell him how honored I am to meet him too.

Even without all of this you are a great man Rev...this just proves it isn't all a front

May God continue to bless you always my friend.
Old March 16th, 2008, 01:21 PM

Hatchetbill has disabled reputation
Great story. Very inspiring. I wish my priest was a scaper
Old March 16th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchetbill
Great story. Very inspiring. I wish my priest was a scaper
Buy him a Rise of the Valkyrie Master set.
Old March 17th, 2008, 04:09 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
When you look up "Class Act" in the dictionary it says "See Rev Dyer."

Well, okay, it doesn't really...but it SHOULD.
Old March 17th, 2008, 05:30 PM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
awsome , that is all what i can say.

heroscape heals cancer, is not 100% right but the comunity also and a goal.
Old March 17th, 2008, 11:47 PM

tokomi is surprisingly tart
Rev,

This is quite a testimony. Proverbs 17:22 says "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones." There hasn't been a single game of Heroscape where both players have not had a good laugh. Be encouraged to keep fighting, living, scaping, and most of all laughing.

May you roll what you need, when you need it.
Buy/Trade
Old March 18th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Just spent a weekend in the woods with family and friends. One night around the fire, our conversation turned to religion/spirituality. I am not a Christian, and my best friend DMG is an atheist. We talked a lot about you Rev. We both agreed, that you are a mentor in our lives. I can't count the times your words and countenance have moved me, made me want handle life with the grace you do. I am one of the fortunate folks who has been able to know you a little, and share time together doing something we love. Looking forward to Gencon.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old March 18th, 2008, 12:23 AM

HS ~ KNT is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Dear RevDyer,

.:: As a preface, I'd like to say that I choose to write this the way it is written because I feel a touching post like yours can only be answered in an equally eloquent way. I don't normally talk about my 'real' life on the internet, but I feel that for me to fully express how I feel about your post, I should. ::.

You've had little contact with me on this site, and are sure to never have met me off of it, but I know you fairly well from around the site. I guess I'll just say that I'm sixteen, and strangely can understand and grasp most that you're saying here.

I have at least clinical depression, possibly MDD, and have been in and out of the hospital for the past month or so, switching around medications, following an attempt on my life. I say this because your referrence to clinical depression.

Your post is one of those 'rays of sunshine' I'm always looking for, an uplifting thing full of hope of a better tomorrow. Though I can always see the 'light', it rarely feels like I can reach it. It's posts like this, and thoughts, experiences small wonders like this that really get me thinking, if only for the moment, there is a way out of this.

I understand what you're saying about Heroscape as well. I spent my last symester in a new house, in a new town, in a new school, with new people, and felt very alone. It was my previous love of the game that brought out some friends in this place. But, aside from Heroscape, Dungeons & Dragons has had more of an impact with me, reuniting me with my old friends in a way only school had before.

As I've broken off into a tangent, I think I'll wrap this up with a few more simple sentences. Thank you Rev, this post means a lot to me, more than it probably should have, but it does. If I ever need religious adivice, I think I know who to ask.

~Sarah

~Neko: Leaving, sadly. I hope to see you all around. =^-^=

Making Custom Fixes for Heroscape Once more, I will say my camera hates me.
Old March 18th, 2008, 07:49 AM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Again, thank you all for your kind words and for being part of this great community.

Grungebob, I hope you know how much I respect and admire YOU. I'm looking forward to some "hang time" at GenCon.

Sarah, hang in there and keep working on getting the meds and attitudes to work together right. It's worth the struggle.
Old March 18th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Meesa sooo smilen to see'en yousa

Menchy is surprisingly tart
Bravo Rev. Every single one of your posts makes me smile. Thank you so much for everything you do for the community.

"Somewhere over the rainbow, there's another rainbow." ~Tobias Funke, Arrested Development
Old March 18th, 2008, 09:36 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old March 18th, 2008, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo
keglo, are you being mean to me? <grin>
Arkansas has already had one preacher try that this year.
To me it would be a curse, not a blessing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion