Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old April 29th, 2021, 06:24 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Interactive Terrain Brainstorming thread

Also while we are at it, we should brainstorm possible names for this terrain making group. I believe Archie suggested “Landmarks of Valhalla”. While it has a good ring to it, I’m not sure it encompasses the general theme. If we were to create a gun turret of some kind later on, it’s not really a landmark. Or a Wild West theme, or what have you. Everyone shoot some ideas, then we can take a count on what everyone thinks sounds best. Landmarks of Valhalla isn’t my first call but if the majority wants that we can go with it. We went with Architects of Valhalla for our terrain thread. This kind of thing falls in a very similar category if I’m being honest. The word Engineer in the title is fitting, since we are engineering new pieces of terrain, but I’m not sure I’d want to call it Engineers of Valhalla . I look forward to what everyone comes up with.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 29th, 2021, 07:26 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Oh god why.

Jk - this is an awesome thread idea but it may push me over to getting a 3d printer followed by an evetual divorce.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old April 29th, 2021, 11:06 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What about "Wonders of Valhalla". that covers landmarks, items like weapons and amazing discoveries!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old April 30th, 2021, 01:19 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmuskie View Post
What about "Wonders of Valhalla". that covers landmarks, items like weapons and amazing discoveries!
Right off the bat, I was thinking huh? Then it occurred to me, The 7 Wonders of the World. Then it grew on me a bit. Lets let it sink into peoples brains a little and see what everyone comes up with and get the one that describes what the group does the very best without having to explain it. Wonders is definitely in line with great structures.

@wriggz , I just finished setting up my 4th 3d printer and its off and running. Kind of a pain in the butt having to mod a few things, but its rockin and rolling, building even more little parts to upgrade itself. I had my Snapmaker making upgrade parts for my Ender 3 while it was on its way here. The I have A Anycubic Photon and a Longer Orange 10 for Resin Printers. My wife hasn't left me yet. Granted, she is married to me, so there is a pretty high tolerance for BS.

EDIT: Here are a few names I've come up with to throw into the ring. Seeing how the phrase "of Valhalla" is pretty much the second half of every title. I'll go with:

Engineers of Valhalla,
or
Gadgets of Valhalla,
or
Devices of Valhalla.

If not any of those, just some help to get the wheels turning for someones idea that might be even better than the ones we put up here.

Old April 30th, 2021, 04:23 AM

Archie97 knows what's in an order marker Archie97 knows what's in an order marker

@TREX
It seemed this was more brainstorming ideas for actual pieces, rather than the broader aspects of such a project, and I was trying to avoid diverting the thread too far from that purpose.
As for adding me to the list, it seems there's a great amount of excitement and a lot of different ideas bouncing round in here, but I'm uncertain how much compatibility there is with the direction I had initially assumed the project would take. I appreciate the offer, but I think I'll let you guys steer your own course for a while and see what sort of shape it take before I commit.
Old April 30th, 2021, 06:03 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie97 View Post
@TREX
It seemed this was more brainstorming ideas for actual pieces, rather than the broader aspects of such a project, and I was trying to avoid diverting the thread too far from that purpose.
As for adding me to the list, it seems there's a great amount of excitement and a lot of different ideas bouncing round in here, but I'm uncertain how much compatibility there is with the direction I had initially assumed the project would take. I appreciate the offer, but I think I'll let you guys steer your own course for a while and see what sort of shape it take before I commit.
Feel free to mold, shape, and outline a project compatible with C3v and similar groups in mind. I’ve seen groups come and go. What powers a group to get things done more than all else on here is the excitement for the project. I do agree with quite a few of your points, and some of the same points have been mentioned in other threads or places. I’m certainly not trying to discourage anyone from starting a terrain group with a set focus and goal. I’m certainly fine with catering part of this potential project to strictly competitive maps. None of it associated with C3v or sov. They are entirely different entities with all their own politics and judges. None of which I would like to be part of. Terrain creation for the masses, that is fun, balanced, and available to everyone via stl files and 3D printing is what I’m after to enhance both competitive map building and just fun new map choices for all types of play in general is the scope I’m after. Along with it being all available in a single thread depository.

Old April 30th, 2021, 06:51 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Well said.
Old April 30th, 2021, 07:47 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Good points.

I think that I like the name Engineers of Valhalla, gives a bit broader of a feel to everything. So hedrons, mechanical structures, tombstones and monoliths will all feel like they belong.
Old April 30th, 2021, 12:22 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Good points.

I think that I like the name Engineers of Valhalla, gives a bit broader of a feel to everything. So hedrons, mechanical structures, tombstones and monoliths will all feel like they belong.
That was the idea I was going for. Engineers design most everything that is of this type, and the name easily conveys what the project does. It’s my favorite of the few I put down. I’m not the only dude wanting to start this party so I’m still waiting for anyone else’s input that wants to put a name down. I figure, after we brainstorm a little more, we can figure out who wants to be part of the team and put a vote on what to call this terrain group. Since I’ve done this kinda thing before, I’ll happily spearhead the effort and make us a cool logo after.

Old April 30th, 2021, 01:58 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I’m an engineer by profession, so that name is cool with me

Something I want to mention is that feedback from map designers will be important. I recently read some good material on mapmaking (sorry that I forget who wrote it), but they made the comment that Heroscape terrain has few “accelerators”. Road is one of the only ones, as water, LOS blockers, engagement rules, etc often make it harder to move figures.

For that reason, I like the idea of things that promote movement, like heroes within 2 clear sight spaces of a statue-esque LOS blockers add 2 to their move.
Old April 30th, 2021, 02:48 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
I’m an engineer by profession, so that name is cool with me

Something I want to mention is that feedback from map designers will be important. I recently read some good material on mapmaking (sorry that I forget who wrote it), but they made the comment that Heroscape terrain has few “accelerators”. Road is one of the only ones, as water, LOS blockers, engagement rules, etc often make it harder to move figures.

For that reason, I like the idea of things that promote movement, like heroes within 2 clear sight spaces of a statue-esque LOS blockers add 2 to their move.
I'm a Mechanic by trade, so am very familiar with good and bad engineering. Do you want me to add you to the list of us that are interested in discussing this stuff and eventually make a full on project out of it. There's not going to be a high demand for individuals to put towards the project. Just make sure they add their 2 cents when decisions are made for now.

Old May 2nd, 2021, 10:26 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yes please!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles