Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old August 9th, 2019, 12:51 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Gencon 2019 Results

I dunno man, that guy got 8 Blind Rages in a row and still couldn't win...
Old August 9th, 2019, 12:52 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

I hope everyone understands I’m just trash talking. I only really care that I’m better than dok. I truly don’t care about the rest. I just play for fun. We have a great game and a great community. The fact that I can trash talk and pull out a few wins here and there is all the more fun. My game against Brian was probably the most fun I’ve had in a super long time. It was very challenging and he was a super great sport the whole time. He let me joke around and trash talk and was super cool the whole time. That’s why We run gen con events for games just like that. You guys are the best gaming community I have ever been involved in and you all should pat yourselves on the back for it. Even if we disagree on customs or type of events we generally handle it civilly and get along. Good times!!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; August 9th, 2019 at 12:53 PM. Reason: 7, you think he could count...
Old August 9th, 2019, 02:22 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
14. Sir Dendrik: Vipers x4, Venoc Warlord, Krug 4-2
Yo yo yo I went 5-1, not 4-2! Blasphemy.

I'm psyched to finally have some of those sweet GenCon dice. Also I can now say that I beat dok, which is some serious street cred.

I had a blast this year--thank you guys for a great time, and for enduring my lack of social skills. I'm already thinking about what army I want to bring next year.
Congrats Sir Denrick! I noticed no “lack of social skills” at Islandscape. You just quickly and quietly crushed us. No trash talk, crude jokes, etc. A perfect gentleman.
Old August 9th, 2019, 02:39 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
I hope everyone understands I’m just trash talking.
I am 100% sure, Matthias, that 100% of the people here who have met you know that you were just trash talking.

You guys were great this year, as always. Cheers!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 9th, 2019, 04:01 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
14. Sir Dendrik: Vipers x4, Venoc Warlord, Krug 4-2
Yo yo yo I went 5-1, not 4-2! Blasphemy.

I'm psyched to finally have some of those sweet GenCon dice. Also I can now say that I beat dok, which is some serious street cred.

I had a blast this year--thank you guys for a great time, and for enduring my lack of social skills. I'm already thinking about what army I want to bring next year.
Congrats Sir Denrick! I noticed no “lack of social skills” at Islandscape. You just quickly and quietly crushed us. No trash talk, crude jokes, etc. A perfect gentleman.
I've enjoyed Sir Dendrik's's sense of humor for years; it just usually doesn't come out in the middle of his games. Check out any of his stuff in the old Summoner Wars forums (he's Esper88 there).
Old August 9th, 2019, 04:29 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

You guys are silly. The top players are Craig Van Ness, Rob Daviau, and Stephen whateverhislastnameis.

Edit: And 4th is Bobby Fischer.
Old August 9th, 2019, 06:02 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Congrats to Nathan for taking it down!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Nathan!!!!!!!

(Infectedsloth won)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Mailman View Post
Congratulations Nathan.
Thanks guys!

I had a great run this year, 14-0! I don't think I'll be able to duplicate it, but it was rush while it was going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
This debate is kind of silly, and (IMHO) kind of disrespectful to the two people who actually played for the Main Event championship.
Thanks for having my back @Dad_Scaper , but I'm not offended.

I played @kevindola at my first tournament way back in 2011. He was actually my first ever lose. Since then we've clashed both online and at Illinois tournaments. He's a very skilled opponent. I consider him, @dok and @Matthias Maccabeus to be the undeniable top three right now.

For people who don't make it over to the online scape area of the forum, you may find the online player rankings thread interesting.
Old August 9th, 2019, 06:24 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

For clarification purposes, I’m above dok. I mean everybody already knew that but maybe for the one guy that didn’t.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; August 9th, 2019 at 06:27 PM. Reason: that one guy being dok...
Old August 9th, 2019, 10:50 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You can't forget about some of the old greats as well. I know the metagame has changed, but @spider_poison would catch on in a heartbeat. The brothers @ManTrainChooChoo and
@Mattstertruckrally also deserve top nomination for their consistent high performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old August 10th, 2019, 02:14 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Veggie and I just finished up our HoB Uniques finals online. I ended up with the W.
Old August 10th, 2019, 02:21 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Congrats, you wily tree pig!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 10th, 2019, 09:55 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalThanos86 View Post
You can't forget about some of the old greats as well. I know the metagame has changed, but @spider_poison would catch on in a heartbeat. The brothers @ManTrainChooChoo and
@Mattstertruckrally also deserve top nomination for their consistent high performance.
The Schaub brothers are definitely some of the best (definitely best in Ohio), wish they still played, but I think they’re still busy with http://Cohio Games.

But it is hard to say because not all the great players get to Gencon, some only online while others only at smaller tournaments and events.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con