Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old December 29th, 2018, 12:53 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: New York New Year Showdown! Buffalo area

@Taeblewalker and @Sir Dendrick how is it looking for you (and any guests, let me know) to make it to play? I'm going to try and get a solid idea on how many people are going to show up.
Old December 29th, 2018, 04:26 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

It turns out I won't be able to make it. Have a great time!

Old December 30th, 2018, 02:18 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
It turns out I won't be able to make it. Have a great time!
Come next time! We will probably have another tourney around May/June. It’ll be nice to meet someone from HSers.
Old December 30th, 2018, 02:40 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll try to shoot for the next one too. I'm just 2ish hours drive away. I might have a couple others join in as well.
Old December 31st, 2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
I'll try to shoot for the next one too. I'm just 2ish hours drive away. I might have a couple others join in as well.
Nice, I’d love to keep you in the loop for the next time we play.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 03:36 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My wife and I are definitely going.

Get ready for the duo of homogeneous armies.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
My wife and I are definitely going.

Get ready for the duo of homogeneous armies.
Good to hear, we're excited to have you!

On a related note, it looks like we will have either 8 or 9 players (if the 9th "maybe" shows up, my wife and I will probably alternate games and play as "one player" using a single scorecard)

So, knocked the map pool down to 4 maps, kicked Marsh Manor and Dance of the Dryads out. I can't think of anything else that I'd need to announce, so this ought to be it until Saturday!
Old January 5th, 2019, 08:40 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I had a blast playing with you guys today.

Highlights: Lady Dendrik owning the board with Grimnak, 5 out of 6 successful Chomps. Using Deathwalker 9k to slowly whittle 5x 4th Mass down to one figure.

Looking forward to playing with ya'll again.
Old January 6th, 2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
I had a blast playing with you guys today.

Highlights: Lady Dendrik owning the board with Grimnak, 5 out of 6 successful Chomps. Using Deathwalker 9k to slowly whittle 5x 4th Mass down to one figure.

Looking forward to playing with ya'll again.
It was awesome. I can't believe how lucky those chomps were, everyone knew it was a possibility, we just weren't expecting it to go that hard all in one game, haha. How well did she roll for stinger drain the rest of the day? I don't remember seeing her roll for it even once, but I can't imagine her D20 continued to be hot all day.

I think it's even funnier that the last standing figure, a 10th reg, wins the game on Fragment in the first round of battles, and then come your game on Fragment, one last 4th mass miraculously bags the game. I guess colonial soldiers were just destined to beat the odds against robots and dragons this day in Heroscape history.

I'm going to try to work on my report (and get the pictures up) throughout today. We have to meet with family today, so I'm not feeling too confident that I'll get posted today, but it should almost definitely be posted within 3 days. I'll copypasta the report here and in my battle thread.
Old January 10th, 2019, 09:31 PM

Alright, finally ready to get my report in:

To start off tourney day… I forgot my armies/figures at home… what a moment that was… so I had to call my wife to bring them in (I had already setup at the building, and she was just about to leave our house.) She was about 40 minutes from getting that to us, but luckily Dan brought his ROTV, SOTM, and DND MS figures, so Sir D, his wife, Phil, and Dan played a friendly free-for-all heroes only draft game on Fragment, 200 points each. I grabbed snacks, a chair, and watched.

Sir D = NGS + Drake rotv
Lady D = Finn + Grimnak
Phil = Othkurik + Darrak
Dan = Syvarris + Agent Carr

Each player spawned in a corner of map. Phil and Lady D forged a loose alliance to fight against the loose alliance of Dan and Sir D. NGS picked up the def +1 glyph early, while Othkurik found Scarab of Invulnerability. NGS sprinted across the road in the middle to meet Othkurik and Finn, failing his mindshackles. Syvarris plinks at Othkurik and Darrak from afar while NeGo blocks traffic, and Othkurik goes down after some turns, using his scarab to hang in just a bit. Shortly after, Grimnak marches forth, hungry as all heck. I believe NGS was Dinosaur snacks after just two chomp attempts. Sir D then moves Drake forward to jump into the fight, but alas, the savage dinosaur eats him without skipping a beat.

Phil breaks his alliance with Lady D; he and Dan realize they need to put down Grimnak. Darrak casually murders Finn and leaves the body on the road with a 4 skulls to 0 shields roll, Finn’s attack spirit goes on Grimnak. Syvarris continues to plink at Grimnak (who now holds the Def +1 treasure glyph that NGS was holding.) On an initiative switch, Grimnak catches up to Syvarris, 16+ on the D20 spells his doom right there, tasty elven flesh for lunch. Dan loses all 3 of his oms on Syvarris…. So Grimnak rampages over toward the frightened Dee-rock, who was busy attempting to find decent ground to fight on. Since Darrak was such active prey, Grimnak jumps off of the road and attempts to chomp the sleeping Agent Carr… And succeeds once again. Phil continued to move Darrak around, trying to get the jump on Grimnak, but we all eventually agreed that Phil had to get in and engage, since he was down on points (60 to 120) to close the game. Nothing like a good chomp to end the game. Live dwarves make good dino treats, I hear the beards are spicy.

My wife arrived probably 10 minutes before we finished the game, so it worked out well. We got armies squared away and began the (now 3 games to be played instead of 4) tournament:

1st round of fights:

At Gamebear’s Ticalla Sunrise, we had:
Sir Dendrik - 4th Mass x5
VS
Wiker – Zombies x5, Zetacron

I completely forgot to take pictures of my game. Across the table was a ton of 4th Mass, I knew this was going to be a troublesome match. My army’s strengths definitely lied in fighting melee characters, an occasional tough hero for the zombie special attack, or a ranged figure or two for Zetacron to snipe. Sir D and I both somewhat slow rolled our armies toward the sandy side of the map (which had the Lodin glyph that neither of us cared about.) After getting some zombies out of my SZ, I moved some onto the level 3 tiles and put up a small fight for a round or two, but WTF and perma-valiant defense definitely made the 4th tough. It didn’t help that the dice were not friendly to me in a matchup where they needed to be slightly in my favor… I don’t believe I rolled more than one skull on any given occasion for my zombie attacks, and on offense I definitely rolled 2 blanks/shields more than I’d like to remember. Once the zombie horde was down to 2-4 figures (all dead at Sir D’s expense of 2 figures...) I stopped dropping oms on them and turned to Zetacron, who was able to nab a kill in just one OM. Par for the course, Zetacron blanks on defense and falls at the very first shot Sir D takes at him. I killed 3 figures grand total.

0-1, -297.5 point differential for me!

At Typhon’s Galaxian, we had:
Lady Dendrik – Stingers x6
VS
Dan – DW9K, Zettian Guards, Major Q10

This game finished quite quickly (even faster than mine, lol.) I did not see how any of it went down, but Dan only managed to kill a single stinger the whole game. He had a big fat -340 differential after this one, while Lady D enjoyed +340.

At Dignan’s Fragment, we had:
Mrs. Wiker - 10th Reg x3, Fen Hydra, Otanashi
VS
Phil – Nilfheim, Greenscales x3

I believe this one finished just minutes before the buzzer (40 minute time limit.) When I started watching, the hydra and some redcoats clashed with Nilf and the Greenscales near the dead center of the map, massive traffic jam. Once the dust settled, the hydra was lightly wounded and isolated, Phil flew Nilf in and destroyed it with the 6 die normal attack. At that point, a healthy Nilf (with Invul Scarab) and 3 Greenscales were staring down at 6 Redcoats in Mrs. Wiker’s start zone. Over the course of the next round, I believe Nilf received 2 wounds, and 2 greenies died in exchange for 2 redcoats. After some bad Ice Shard rolls, Phil flies Nilf onto the high ground and kills 2 redcoats with his normal attack, while they hit him for 3 wounds in return. Lo and behold, an initiative switch along with WTF from low ground gets Nilf killed by the lone soldier. Phil loses all of his oms on Nilf, and my wife marches her sole survivor over to the last greenscale and gets her hard earned victory. What a close game! She gets a W and a +18.75 point differential, while Phil gets -18.75.

2nd round of fights: My wife had to leave to get the baby from her sister, as plans had slightly changed for them. I sat out for the rest of the tourney (but I had the chance to introduce Heroscape to a passerby)

Phil – Nilfheim, Greenscales x3
VS
Dan – DW9K, Zettian Guards, Major Q10

Early on in this game, DW9K and the Zettians met the lizards and their king at the sandy side of the map, but the Zettians went down quite quickly. Dan planted Q10 a bit toward the center of the map, on the level 2 double-hex swamp grass perch. Nilf had claimed the high sand, and the greenies were attempting to move in on each om, but the two large robots were rolling good defense and mowing down the minions with both DW9K’s explosion and Q10’s machine pistol, while Nilf remained at full health. In time, Q10 did fall to repeated Ice Shard attacks. I did not see 9K’s fate, but I was told Phil won the game with full health Nilf and one squad of Greenscales, putting Dan at a point differential grand total of -585 after this one.

At Flash_19’s Ruins of Rennoc, we had:
Sir Dendrik - 4th Mass x5
VS
Lady Dendrik – Stingers x6

This one was definitely a range-fest. From what I saw, neither army was crossing into the enemy territory, nor going for the def +1 glyph (I’d imagine that’s just certain death in a game of 100% ranged figures.) I’ll add any input from Sir Dendrik in here if he can add anything more, but it appears that Sir D won the game with 7 4th Mass figures left, putting him in solid lead on the tourney scoreboard at 2-0 and +420 point differential.

Non-tournament related, at Typhon’s Galaxian, I played a quick game with a passerby that was interested in trying Heroscape for the first time:
Wiker – The Incredible Hulk
VS
Heroscape Trainee – Braxas, Marro Dividers x3

Trainee understood the game quickly, and was almost instantly keen on the fact that Braxas had a 20% to one-shot the Hulk on any of her breath rolls. Trainee rolled a few dividers out to the middle of the map, while I immediately lept Hulk into the fray, in the middle of dividers. When Braxas came to play, I focused my attacks to her to put her down ASAP. I did kill Braxas after she attempted 3-4 breaths on Hulk, and I believe I snagged a free turn (ok, opponent lost turn) for it. With that free turn, I disengaged from a divider (took the hit) to walk the Hulk into Trainee’s start zone, and spent the rest of the game stomping dividers. My first stomp completely failed… and my next stomp rolled 2 skulls, but both of the killing blows ended up turning into divides, and suddenly the 5 remaining dividers became 7. Hulk succumbed to the dividers probably within a turn or two, but it was reasonably close game, I think 6 dividers were standing at the end.

3rd round of fights (REVERSE THE WHIP): As a group, we decided to forego matching up by W/L and point differential, and instead we paired up the players against opponents they hadn’t played against yet.

Phil – Stingers x6
VS
Lady Dendrik – Nilfheim, Greenscales x3

This one was pretty entertaining, put short, Lady D overextended Nilfheim on over to the level two double-hex swamp piece in front of Phil’s start zone, while Phil moved a few Stingers to the sandy area to grab the D20+1 glyph while fighting off greenies. For more turns than I can remember, Phil struggled to score wounds on Nilf with his drain boosted attacks (admittedly, I think he was rolling a bit below the expected rate for the +1 attack bonus, but I don’t remember him rolling low D20s for drain.) Nilf did fall eventually, but not before taking tons of Stingers with him. It was a slightly smaller horde of Stingers vs kingless Greenscales the rest of the game, 3 Stingers standing after the smoke cleared.

At Dignan’s Fragment, we had:
Sir Dendrik - DW9K, Zettian Guards, Major Q10
VS
Dan – 4th Mass x5

This one was also entertaining. Sir D spawned his whole 4 figure army in one corner of the map and held the nearby high ground with Q10 and 9K while Dan marched blue coats from across the board to take shots at them. After some rounds, Q10 went down, and Dan spent some time to kill the sleeping Z Guards in Sir D’s start zone (I don’t remember the Z Guards ever getting an OM.) I think point-wise, it was approximately even at a point when DW9K was looking at having to kill probably 8-10 blue coats, and what followed was a hilarious funneling of blue coats down the road in their attempts to kill a kiting DW9K. Sir D played pretty smart, he used 9K’s superior range to keep Dan from WTF-ing at 9K. So, some number of rounds in, we end the round with a blue coat staring down the road at Deathwalker on a hill. Dan says “time for a 1v1, 1 life each.” In an ending befitting the Deathwalker family name, Dan wins init, walks his last soldier up to 9K, rolls 2 skulls on 2 dice, and Sir D rolls 1 shield on 10 dice, and a lone blue coat stands victorious on the map.

Final Standings:

1st - Sir Dendrik 2-1, +402.5 differential
2nd - Phil 2-1, +286.25 differential
3rd - Lady Dendrik 1-2, +158.5 differential
4th - Mrs. Wiker 1-0, +18.75 differential
5th - Dan 1-2, -577.5 differential
6th - Wiker 0-1, -297.5 differential

Sir D took home the brand new Ashigaru pack, while Phil scored $9 store credit, and Lady D scored $6 store credit. I think that sums up the day! I had fun, despite getting beat in the only two games I played.

Last edited by Unhinged Manchild; January 15th, 2019 at 01:22 PM.
Old January 15th, 2019, 11:55 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Wow, fantastic battle/tournament reports, and the pics add a lot. Fun reading. Congrats to all.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events