Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old July 9th, 2015, 09:34 AM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game (Looks HeroScap

Hmmmm. I think I now understand the wisdom behind hasbro's decision to not put the heroscape logo anywhere on the planeswalker arena box.

Expectations.

Why attempt to cater to expectations of those who view hasbro in a sour light for no longer producing their favorite game; despite a lot of terrain and over a hundred units produced, when you can simply create a new fanbase for a new game based on that older game engine now refined.

Most people here don't seem to be interested in the new game, but rather, how they can make it fit with the old game, once and if they are reasonable enough to move beyond the negatitivity towards it created by sour grapes and expectations? Not that I blame them. This is a heroscape forum afterall.

I think this should remain the heroscape forum. Perhaps an entirely new forum dedicated to planeswalker arena should be made by a competant person to allow discussion of that game. How it works, how to play it, how to create fun and interesting decks/armies, paint schemes, etc.

It will always be treated as the bastard child here by the userbase. Why fight against that each time you wish to discuss THIS game?

Hmmmmmmm..... if only there was someone competant enough out there to create such a site and discussion forum...
Old July 9th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Don't be so jaded Coloredcrayons, D&D was the true bastard :P jk

I still think there should be an Arena of the Planeswalkers section here.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old July 9th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It's interesting you put it that way, CC. I haven't looked at the Board Game yet, but I did watch TV's reviews and I've been following this thread.

My thought is, between the two & for those who wish to do so, the easiest way to combine them may be to merge Heroscape into MtBG, instead of the other way around. Let the summoners summon Heroscape units. Otherwise, leave it unchanged. Play on a map of your choice. Ready, play!

Anyway. You make a fair point. This being the internet, though, people will grumble. Somebody's moved their cheese & all that.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 9th, 2015, 10:34 AM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Don't be so jaded Coloredcrayons, D&D was the true bastard :P jk

I still think there should be an Arena of the Planeswalkers section here.
Maybe there should. But in this lone thread, I'm not seeing much discussion about this game in this thread dedicated to this game. In fairness, it is fairly new and not many people yet own it, but even those that do aren't interested in discussing that game beyond how they can augment it to fit heroscape. And as before, that's understandable. Its a heroscape forum.

All indicators of giving this game a fair shake without off topic interjection seem to point to going somewhere else.
Old July 9th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

We'll see. Perhaps that will change as people get it into their hands.

edit: I took the liberty, as OP, of changing the thread title.

= =
Old July 9th, 2015, 11:58 AM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game

I'm not beyond giving the game a fair shake. A the very least, I don't think the core set plays well on its own. But the lack of order markers really bothers me and the spell deck feels really tacked on - probably because it basically is. I'll give it another run when the expansions come out. Until then, I'll cannibalize my current copy for sweet, sweet planeswalker customs.
Old July 9th, 2015, 12:45 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Colorcrayons,

Tom Vassal feels that maybe he can go a year before expansions without the new game going stale, because there is so little in it. When Heroscape first came out, I remember that the guy who got it as a Christmas present for me also included two or three expansions with the Rise of the Valkyrie Master Set. Although it was only out a short time, more sets had appeared quickly (and it was a lot cheaper back then).

I also owned Battleship Galaxies, by Hasbro/CVS. It was also very promising. They never made a single expansion, and I eventually tossed my copy.

I'm not anti-Planeswalker at all. But Hasbro is a very large corporation which appears disconnected from our hobby, its glory and its development. They just want to squeeze money out of me. In turn, I'd love to exploit their product for my own benefit, especially after I plunk my money down.

I'll play the new game as designed for a few times by itself, to learn it, and hopefully enjoy it. But I'm not waiting a year (or forever) before 'kicking it up a notch.'

And don't worry, our site administrators and moderators will respond with a good new format for the game here soon.

In the meantime, some of the posters here are discussing making up customs for the game by itself, which should cheer you up.
Old July 9th, 2015, 12:47 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Considering all the non-scape talk onsite I see no reason to kick out this game.
I am curious to see what folks do with this new type of game play and it will be easier to keep track of, if it is going on here.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 9th, 2015, 01:00 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Considering all the non-scape talk onsite I see no reason to kick out this game.
I am curious to see what folks do with this new type of game play and it will be easier to keep track of, if it is going on here.
Nobody is "kicking out" this game. That's not what he's saying. He's reading a lot of posts that appear to be bemoaning what this game *isn't*, or how it can be imported into something it *isn't*, and he wants to see discussion of what it *is*.

You would think - I imagine his thinking goes; I know mine does - that we would be pleased and/or enthusiastic about a game that is as close as we will likely ever get to a re-release of Heroscape, and a game that holds a lot of promise for our community if it sticks around.

Instead, it's totally unsympathetic and, for the most part, uninformed groaning about what it isn't. So, CC sarcastically suggests that we should just let it develop its own following elsewhere, because we are being kind of weird and negative about it here.

At least, that's how I understand it, and if so, I think it's a very reasonable point of view.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; July 9th, 2015 at 01:44 PM.
Old July 9th, 2015, 01:05 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The sarcasm went right over my head. You have to throw in a to keep me up to speed.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 9th, 2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
<Rep comment removed per the rules posted here>
Nice. Anonymous harrasment via the rep system.
If nothing else, it's validation for my standpoint. Disagreement is one thing, but this is childish. Perhaps I would be better off not discussing my viewpoint here.

Yay. It only took 100 posts to feel thoroughly unwelcome here.

For others, save your rep harassment, anonymous or otherwise.

[Edit] at least have the balls to tell me who you are, so we can mutually ignore each other going forward.

Last edited by Jim; July 9th, 2015 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Removed PRIVATE rep comment.
Old July 9th, 2015, 01:42 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

That looks stupid. If you think you got an inappropriate comment in a rep dock (or boon), tell an admin, and move on.

edit: And congrats on the milestone.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion