Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old January 9th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
'Scaper family maps

Here is the first one to survive long enough for us to take pictures.

For now I will call it Mountain Prison Fortress. It's 2 MS, 2 FA, 1 VW.

The long view.

Overhead. Near the top of the interior of the castle you can see the prison cell, with the KMA trapped inside. A barred castle door holds them in place. To the right you can see where a steep mountain path leads up to a ledge with access to the interior of the castle, and below it (near the lava fields) is a secret underground tunnel also leading into the castle. A very narrow path also winds the other way around the castle, to the same rise up to the ledge.

The secret tunnel. Guarded, of course, but the KMA have slipped past and are headed up the mountain path.

A view from the balcony. If you look very closely you will see the bottom of ToddlerScaper's foot.

The scenario is a prison break, of course. KidScaper did a lot of the thinking and a lot of the building. The mountain piece is held up by columns.

Thoughts? Any other photos I should add?

Thanks in advance.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 10th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
In some of the pictures you can see my pieces of fencing. There's no really good picture of them but they are made of balsa wood, little slightly irregular vertical pieces with crosspieces on the back and little bits on the side to keep them upright. Painted dark brown with a black wash and grass flocking on 2, stone flocking on 1.

The goal making them was to have a los blocker that could be slipped into small spaces and protect one or two little guys at a time.

= =
Old January 10th, 2007, 01:20 PM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation
think you can get a better pic of those fences? I like the idea. And are there any rules for climbing over the fence?

FINISH HIM!
Old January 10th, 2007, 01:21 PM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation
think you can get a better pic of those fences? I like the idea. And are there any rules for climbing over the fence?

FINISH HIM!
Old January 10th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadeyedan42
DED, sure thing. I was just trying to bump the thread shamelessly but I'll take any attention I get.

I'll get to it this evening, I hope. Do you like the map?

No rules for climbing over the fence; this is only our second map with them & the issue hasn't come up.

= =
Old January 10th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Ok, here's a picture of my 3 fence pieces lined up. I didn't move them (or Sarge) between photos so you can see the size.

I created them pretty much from left to right, so you can see I got better with practice, though I actually like some of the shapes you can see under the top layer of paint on the other two.

Anyway it's balsa sticks cut vertically to similar lengths and also once each stick the long way, to get more of a natural plank feel. Glued together with Elmers, painted with a white base and then brown, with a black wash. The wash for the one on the right is the biggest difference between that one & the others.

I used flocking left over from my custom Pirates islands, taking care to leave at least one side of each fence piece without flocking so they could be run end to end.

= =
Old January 10th, 2007, 11:09 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
It is so simple yet so amazingly cool. I give it five stars.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old January 10th, 2007, 11:17 PM

naps420 Woo who?
That is nice. I like the way they were made. My only concern is the base, how it just sits on the hexes instead of between them like the ruins do. I had a similure idea, was going to use popsickle sticks from work and cut wide enough pieces for the base, then cut some thin pieces and make an actually little fence. Was also thinking about putting small holes in certain places to allow LOS. I might still do the idea since yours turned out pretty well. Love the map as well!
Old January 11th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Naps, they are a little top heavy. But it's a sacrifice I chose to make, I wanted something that would be small, tall, and fit between hexes. So I let it be top heavy.

The one on the right does not have the side pieces, which makes it a little more tippy then the others.

One other note about the construction - looking at the pictures again I am reminded of 2 things. 1. They lean back a little, to keep them from falling forward. 2. The one on the right is the only one in which I split the balsa lengthwise, and I took care as I put on the layers of paint to preserve some of the cracks between the planks.

They actually *do* fit (mostly) between the hexes, I just didn't bother photographing them there. If you look at the 2d and 4th pictures at the top you see how they sit when in play on a battlefield. The 2d picture, the overhead, probably gives the best look.

Naps thanks for the kind words about the map, I admire yours very much.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios