Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old January 25th, 2011, 07:33 PM

Spectre007 Woo who?
Price of Full collection

There's a guy here interested in selling his full collection. As far as I know, he has 1 of everything and multiples of a few things (Volcanic set, some of the commons squads, ROTV and Fortress). He's asking $3000 for everything. I think he's off his rocker.

What is a fair price nowadays for a bulk collection?
Old January 25th, 2011, 07:37 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Price of Full collection

Is the stuff in good condition? I would say $1000 at most. Probably more like $600-$700.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old January 25th, 2011, 08:29 PM

Spectre007 Woo who?

It's all opened and played.
Old January 25th, 2011, 08:38 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

But are the figures in good condition? Are the cards ripped or bent much?

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old January 25th, 2011, 08:38 PM

ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker
Check for yourself.

Go and plug it into Augge's site and see what it is worth.

Thanks for the last and greatest betrayal, of the last and greatest of human dreams.
-William S. Burroughs
Old January 25th, 2011, 08:58 PM

cavebehr has disabled reputation

its worth whatever he can get for it ask the loyal players and not collectors of the game in about 9 months what its worth
Old January 25th, 2011, 10:45 PM

mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Right now many players are in a state of "OMG they just cancelled Heroscape, I need to buy anything and everything I can get my hands on no matter what the price!" And in case your wondering if I'm pointing fingers at anyone, I am. This is driving ebay prices through the roof and making Heroscape collections seem to be worth more than they probably are. I'm sure that once the calm sets in, and it may take a year, we'll see this stuff level out and perhaps drop to more rational prices. I have at least one of everything with multiple commons and a ridiculous amount of master sets (bought 10 RotV's at 11 bucks each from Kmart and 5 Marvels at around the same from Target during the great 'scape drought of 2008 ) and wouldn't say my collection is worth 3 grand, of course I wouldn't sell mine for all the money in the world.

Last edited by mrcrimson; January 25th, 2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: corrected 2008 to not be a smiley
Old January 26th, 2011, 12:37 PM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Check for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly1hornedmule View Post
Go and plug it into Augge's site and see what it is worth.
It's more accurate to say "the minimum it's worth" as those prices ARE what he can get right now. The questions really is how far off the "buysite" is from realtime prices and I'm sure everyone has their own opionion on this. As a general rule, here is how our prices are set.

1) I figure out what I want to sell the item for on my normal site. Obviously I want to get the most I can for an item BUT it also has to sell so the trick is finding the right price to rotate inventory or there is cashflow issues. The very best senario would be that I have at least 10 of every item in stock and as they sell I get in exactly what goes out back in. This is of course impossible but is pretty much the determining fator for price setting and the overal goal.
2) I take 80% of that selling amount and that's what goes up on my buysite. Remember though that's in credit and if you want cash it's 80% of that. In effect we pay about 64% in cash what we resell them for. These numbers are also not exact, especially on figures under $.70 as there is also an amount we must make to make it worth our labor cost and shipping. For example we sell a .20 terrain piece (swamp water) then we actually have it listed at .10 on our buy site (so effectively we give .08 in cash). It's easy to see we make way more than the 36% on this item. We make 150% in this example but consider that's still only .12. We have to check in the item, sort it, list it, then pull it for an order and pay for postage.

Another way I try to keep my prices accurate is to check ebay every so often. I take large lot sales and plug them into my site and compare ending price with my site's price. In fact, as mentioned in another post I recently did a major price change (buying and selling) and I was comparing to an ebay lot. Plugging it into my buy site I came up with a little over $700. At the time it was sitting on $230 so I bid $530 (80% of $700 and I subtract out shipping from what I pay since on the buy site you have to pay to ship it too us). In the end I lost, it went for $630 so the seller made 20ish percent more than if he had sold it to me. Factor in ebay fees and that drops to around 13%. Here is the link to the actual auction if interested.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEDWX:IT. 13% differece is pretty good and I can live with that!

As you can see pricing is tricky. It's not difficult, but it is always in flux and time consuming and accuracy is very imporant. If we sell for too high then stuff sits around and there is no cash flow. If we sell for too low we are always out of stuff so people don't check back. If we pay too little then nobody wants to sell to us. If we pay too much and it doesn't sell well....you get the idea. EACH of those 4 pieces of the puzzle are just as imporant.

....Andrew (AKA Auggie)

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames
Old January 26th, 2011, 12:53 PM

Tysac is surprisingly tart

If he has the flag bearers, and multiples of each master set and terrain sets, and if he sells them individually he might get near $1100, but really really...like Andrew says... pricing is tricky, and time sensitive....then there's ebay costs, and really you never make as much as you think you do with ebay.

....Just sell them to Auggie, and I'll buy them from him!...he is the best for international shipping, and charges a fraction of what I've seen other people charge!

Last edited by Tysac; January 26th, 2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old January 26th, 2011, 01:53 PM

Spectre007 Woo who?

He's pretty set on his price. Maybe after he sits on it awhile and finds that no one is biting, he'll drop it to a more reasonable price.

Thanks for the replies
Old January 26th, 2011, 06:10 PM

delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby!

15 Waves * 4 small expansions * 20.00 each = $1200.00
3 - Large Figure Expansions * 20.00 each = 60.00
1 ROTV - $100 new
1 SOTM - $50 new
1 TT - $100 if you can find it.
1 TJ - $50
1 VW - $50 if you can find it.
1 D&D - $35
1 RTTFF - $20
1 Fortress - $20

Total = $1685.00 NEW

That would be the prices I paid when I bought my stuff, most of it in the last 2 years.

Second hand take, off at least 25% .... $1263

I think thats fair for a complete collection with GenCon Exclusives. Take off another $200 if there are no Gencons.

If it was me I would offer $1000.

For my collection which has almost two of each wave with 4 SOTM and 3 ROTV, 2 VW, 2 TT, 3 Jungles and 3 D&D Master Sets.

I'd be looking for closer to $2000 - $2500.

Delphic

Neg Rep of the Year :

"Desre for good grammar makes one looking to destroy fun??"

I love it when the overly critical can't meet their own expectations.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales