Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old October 14th, 2009, 08:47 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Your REPUTATION and You (Pt.2)

I have pants? I don't usually wear pants here...
Old October 14th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
This is a very interesting development. <laughing and laughing>

Unfortunately, at the moment, I don't get any title when I cursor over the boxes. <shrug>
When I move my cursor over yours it says Penguin With a Machine Gun.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 14th, 2009, 08:54 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:

Unfortunately, at the moment, I don't get any title when I cursor over the boxes. <shrug>
When I move my cursor over yours it says Penguin With a Machine Gun.
Same here.

-insert signature here-
Old October 14th, 2009, 08:57 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

Well, you still have "is hot lava death" and "a man of the cloth" to look forward to. Will you settle for "penguin with a machine gun"?
Old October 14th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

The cursor-over worked for me, and I've got my tuxedo on now. <grin>
Old October 14th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Fun times! Thanks to The Powers That Be™ for the revamp.
Old October 14th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Looks good to me! And there are some rules that weren't there before the change. Nice!

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old October 14th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quick question about the "No Reciprocating Rep" rule. In the past I have given "Good Trade Rep" to someone I have just completed a good transaction with. Is that now considered "Illegal" or can this be an exception?
Old October 14th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: REP Rules and Regulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRaidor View Post
  • DO NOT Rep the same X people over and over again (i.e. form "reputation cliques"). Members caught giving Rep consistently all within the same 'group' of users will be punished.
On this topic, what if you happen to frequent one section of the forums and certain threads within that section that are frequented only by a small handful of people? If you're only interacting with the same "group" of users on a regular basis, should you refrain from pos repping them when you think they're doing good work or making good posts due to fear of reputation cliques?
There are really only about a dozen people or so using the Marvel Custom forums on a regular basis and that's where I spend all of my time and that's where people I work with on projects make posts that I care about and appreciate and enjoy. This seems like something that would fall under the "clique" umbrella, but at the same time I don't feel like it's an abuse or misuse of rep, but how rep was intended to be used (as feedback for posts I care about/appreciate/enjoy). Does that make sense?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 14th, 2009, 12:32 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: REP Rules and Regulations

I love the re-scaled rep bars and titles. I just want a minor clarification here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRaidor View Post
DO NOT Rep the same X people over and over again (i.e. form "reputation cliques"). Members caught giving Rep consistently all within the same 'group' of users will be punished.
I think I understand the point of this, which is to prevent quid-pro-quo reputation-building schemes. However, I frequently find myself hitting the "you must spread some reputation around before repping (Jexik/mccombju/ollie/fomox/etc) again" wall. I suppose I may be in the "theoryscape nerd clique", however, I feel I'm repping these posts for the right reasons. I just want to make sure that the admins will be looking at the "reputation clique" cases individually and determining whether there's an issue.
Old October 14th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Dok - you're hitting the same issue I am as well. You tend to frequent the same areas and the same types of threads in this forum and within those threads there are certain posters you find yourself consistently appreciating the efforts of. For you it's the competitive and strategy sections - for me it's Marvel customs. That doesn't mean we're trying to artificially build the rep of people in those sections, it just means those are the areas of the site we frequent and those are the posts we appreciate in those areas.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 14th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The rules against reciprocation and cliques will be interpreted by the admins observing the infractions. There are going to be judgment calls. That said, the idea is to rep community-building individual posts, not particular members. Rep for everyone you just played a forum game with would be bad, rep given to specific game posts that you really appreciated would be good. Trades are a bit trickier in that you're really repping the person and not a post, but I wouldn't personally be a stickler if you repped the post that offered the item for which you traded, since that post enhanced your experience here at HSers. Members that are heavily involved in customs (for example) will probably be giving more rep to people who post in the customs areas. That's not a clique unless the admins start to perceive the rep as being given for something other than apprecaition of specific individual posts.

~Aldin, reiterating that we should all think of rep in terms of posts and not people

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online