Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Notices

Old April 17th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Disinfretinated

mecha frog knows what's in an order marker mecha frog knows what's in an order marker
Podcast Exchange

My work commute is about an hour each day so I am always looking for something good to listen to. I started listening to Podcasts and books on "tape" some time ago and now I rarely listen to music. Usually when I do listen to music it is when I've run out of Podcasts.

Please use this thread to list out what Podcasts you listen to and can maybe even recommend. Don't think of this as just a means to create a list (which to certain types I am sure is a good time in itself) but think of this as something that will directly benefit me .

So this is what I am or have listened to:

Dragon's Landing: This was my first show. Primary topic is on RPGs. I only listened through episode 40 or so but I know they are still going. Through this show I found out about some of the stuff I listen to now. In fact, this was where I first heard about Heroscape. The hosts suggested the game would be a good value for someone looking for some reasonably priced miniatures for their role playing.

GeeksOn: These guys are on episode 90something. GeeksOn is a weekly show created by geeks, for geeks, covering topics that geeks like to talk about. Four well rounded geeks with a random geek topic. This was the first podcast that I actually lol'd at.

GeekNights: This one is actually four shows wrapped into one. It's also the one I listen to the most - primarily because Rym and Scott put out four shows a week! Nightly topics include Anime, technology, games and then the catch all Thursday show.

Fast Karate for the Gentlemen: Hands down the best show on the net. Anime, vidji games and lots of off topic HI-larity.

The Greatest Movie Ever: All praise the All Mighty Gooberzilla! Usually airing once a week, Paul and his guest give an in depth review of a great selection of movies. No mere plot summaries here.

Kobe Beef Show: I think this one may have ended but there is quite a bit available in the archives. Adult themed show by a guy living in Japan. Check out the Cold Cuts link for the older shows.

I'd like to also mention Anime World Order and The Ninja Cunsultants. I don't listen to these to much but the first show of the Ninja Consultants I listened to they gave an overview of their 2 week trip to Japan. Made me want to go.

m.frog
Old April 30th, 2008, 03:20 AM

Grok Rider is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Podcast Exchange

I usually listen to podcasts while doing the dishes. It doesn't get much more entertaining than that.

The podcasts that I've made a habit of listening to are all about boardgames.

Into the Gamescape
Three hosts that usually all have played the reviewed games so reviews are enriched by a kind of session report. There's also a section dedicated to Wargames.

The Dice Tower
All kinds of games are reviewed and there's occasional mention of Wargames.

In 2007 one of the hosts put Heroscape on fourth place in a list of his top 200 games.
"each expansion simply makes the game better - and I can see this possibly going to my # 1 spot someday"

The Spiel
The goobermeisters talks about the most goobery games.

Recently played games:
Old May 2nd, 2008, 06:55 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Tabletop Battlefield
I've mentioned these guys elsewhere, but figure I'd add them to the list here. These guys cover a wide range of miniature games, and one of their favorite games is Heroscape. What's cool about this show is that it's meant as a video cast more than a podcast. They sit down at a table and discuss different topics, or show you how to build different items for your miniature games. Sometimes they get a little goofy, but they do a good job with their reviews and discussions.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old April 17th, 2009, 12:08 AM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I listen to Dragonpage- a great podcast discussing fantasy novels. Lots of interviews, book reviews, and discussion. Great stuff.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 12:19 AM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The best podcast I listen is Hardcore History. The only downside is the notable infrequency (usually a month or two between) of releases. It's a real treat every time a new one drops though. Dan Carlin also does a more frequent political podcast called Common Sense, which I'd also recommend, but I don't want to get this thread off topic on politics so I'll leave it at that.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old June 4th, 2009, 10:54 AM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninValentina View Post
The best podcast I listen is Hardcore History. The only downside is the notable infrequency (usually a month or two between) of releases. It's a real treat every time a new one drops though.

Thank you for sharing this podcast! I've already listened to all three Punic Wars episodes. Looks like the first 9 are no longer available, so I'll probably buy the cd's. + Rep!
Old June 18th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A new Hardcore History dropped yesterday. Part II of Ghosts of the Ostfront.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media