Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old January 14th, 2010, 02:01 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Eclipse's 100 Unit Project (New 5/09/2010 - Blackest Night!)

Project Status 40:100

Finished cards within the spoiler tags. Upcoming cards listed below.

DC

Marvel

DC Justice League
1. Green Arrow
2. Black Canary
3. Martian Manhunter
4. Red Tornado
5. Zatanna
6. Darkseid
7. ???
8. Soloman Grundy
9. Star Sapphire
10. Deathstroke

Marvel Knights
1. Thor
2. Daredevil
3. Punisher
4. Black Panther
5. Dr Strange
6. Loki
7. Elektra
8. Kingpin
9. Bullseye
10. Kraven the Hunter

DC JSA
1. Aquaman
2. Atom
3. Hawkman
4. Hawkgirl
5. Robin
6. Black Manta
7. Gorilla Grodd
8. ???
9. Catwoman
10. Ra's Al-Ghul

Marvel Secondary Mutations
1. Rogue
2. Gambit
3. Nightcrawler
4. Beast
5. Iceman
6. Deadpool
7. Emma Frost
8. Blob
9. Quicksilver
10. Scarlet Witch

DC Brightest Day
1. Firestorm
2. Hawk
3. Dove
4. ???
5. Captain Marvel
6. Captain Cold
7. Weather Wizard
8. Mirror Master
9. Trickster
10. Captain Boomerang

Last edited by Eclipse; May 9th, 2010 at 02:11 AM.
Old January 14th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Eclipse's 100 Unit Project

That's awesome, Eclipse. I'll help critique as much as I can.

I do think you're leaving out a bunch of big names, though, by combining Arkham with Teen Titans. I would leave Arkham as it's one 10 figure set and add Teen Titans somewhere else. But to each their own.
Old January 14th, 2010, 03:29 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
That's awesome, Eclipse. I'll help critique as much as I can.

I do think you're leaving out a bunch of big names, though, by combining Arkham with Teen Titans. I would leave Arkham as it's one 10 figure set and add Teen Titans somewhere else. But to each their own.
Particular names?

Mostly its just a matter of limiting scope so I can get in all the characters I want elsewhere. I'm not making definitively releases; just general themes to work on together. I could make Batman villains all day but with my initial scope of only 25 villains across the entire DCU to begin with, I have to draw the line somewhere. As is I'm looking now that line is going to end up being something like 7/25 of them from the Bat family. (Just noticed Catwoman is on there twice; one of those should be Mr Freeze)

Out of the inmates, I also wanted to focus on more combat oriented characters. I may yet find a way to work in the Riddler, but not until I can think of a power that embodies the character in a way I'm happy with. I probably would have left out Lex for the same reason (originally I had Darkseid there) but I thought of a power I'm happy with for him.
Old January 14th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

For particular Batman villians, you could theoretically have:

Joker
Penguin
Riddler
Mr. Freeze
Catwoman
Poison Ivy
Harley Quinn
Bane
Killer Croc
Ras Ah Ghul

Penguin and Riddler would be the only two that aren't really combat oriented in many ways.

If I were going to do combat oriented heroes and villians, I would have:

Nightwing
Robin (Tim Drake)
Batgirl
Huntress
Ras Ah Ghul
Bane
Killer Croc
Catwoman
Poison Ivy
Harley Quinn

This would keep you with 7 total Batman villains. (Joker's in your original set)
Old January 14th, 2010, 04:04 PM
regurgitation cynic

I actually have most of those. Total characters in the list from the Bat family:

Batman
Robin
Nightwing

Joker
Two Face
Catwoman
Scarecrow
Poison Ivy
Mr Freeze

In addition, I already have a rebased Harley figure, so she's almost certain to show up in the 4th DC set. I have one floating villain there that I'm kind of leaning towards making another Batman foe, likely Ras.

Out of your list that leaves out Penguin, Riddler, Bane and Killer Croc. I think I'm generally pretty happy with that. Part of the reason I threw it in the way I did was to do 5/5 but not force myself to make 5 Batman heroes for every 5 Batman foes. Frankly, I just don't care enough about Huntress or Batgirl, etc to put them in over more unique DC characters.
Old January 14th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

That's some pretty sound logic. I look forward to your first group of customs.
Old January 14th, 2010, 11:01 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Same here - good luck with this project, Eclipse. I'll try and give feedback when I can.
Old January 14th, 2010, 11:09 PM

Davey is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Good luck and God bless with this project.

I'll drop by to check up on it whenever I can.

"An army of principles can penetrate where an army of soldiers cannot." - Thomas Paine
Old January 14th, 2010, 11:32 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'll definitely be checking out this thread as you go to do some idea stealing myself for C3G (though I already have some rough drafts I want to work on once we start going ala cart for a number of those guys).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 15th, 2010, 05:14 PM
regurgitation cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'll definitely be checking out this thread as you go to do some idea stealing myself for C3G (though I already have some rough drafts I want to work on once we start going ala cart for a number of those guys).
Knock yourself out. I'm probably stealing Batman word for word from C3G. Right now I'm probably having the hardest time with the Flash, but I'm hoping to have the first 10 done by sometime next week. Most of them I've got a rough outline of how I want them to work at the very least.
Old January 15th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I just subscribed to this thread. This should be fun!
Old January 15th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Knock yourself out. I'm probably stealing Batman word for word from C3G. Right now I'm probably having the hardest time with the Flash, but I'm hoping to have the first 10 done by sometime next week. Most of them I've got a rough outline of how I want them to work at the very least.
I'm pretty happy with my write up for Flash ... but that'll have to wait a bit.
I think Batman is probably about the most widely acceptable version of any figure we did. He was really modeled off of a general pattern of powers that's been picked up on by just about every version of Batman I've seen on this board sans GreyOwl's inimitable utility belt version.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations