Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 18th, 2023, 09:40 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Lord of the Rings customs - Theoden

"I was treacherously robbed of my rightful place!"
--Grima Wormtongue
Old January 18th, 2023, 02:52 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' Lord of the Rings customs - Theoden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Awesome. Exactly what the cavalry needs.
Thanks! I doubt Eomer and Theoden push the Templar Cavalry to anything resembling a B+ unit, given the inherent start zone limitations of double-spaced common squads, but hopefully they can be dragged closer to "halfway decent."
Old February 14th, 2023, 07:43 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' LotR customs - Aquilla FlagBEARer

I've been working on some cards for a mini I picked up months ago that I thought would make for a cool Aquilla flagbearer:

The mini is designed to come apart as two separate minis, so I designed cards for them too:

Old February 14th, 2023, 08:19 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

These look great! More love for Dwarves.

Old February 15th, 2023, 05:54 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Bear Cavalry!
Old February 15th, 2023, 01:41 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.heroscapers.com
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Sherman Davies again.
Fun and thematic powersets? Check! Bear cavalry? Check! What's not to like?
Old February 15th, 2023, 03:47 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll second everyone else here. Gilden Stormstone combines a few deceptively simple powers into a nice, cohesive package, and the miniature itself (from the pictures) seems awesome! I also like how Gilden Stormstone (mounted)'s stats are a fusion of his unmounted stats and Yoggo's; the mounted Gilden retains his unmounted counterpart's 4 defense while gaining Yoggo's 6 life and 6 move, which I find pretty flavorful. Great work, Sherman Davies!

That being said, a small rules question. I know there's a rule preventing you from including two units with the same name in an army (so you wouldn't be able to draft both versions of Gilden Stormstone simultaneously), but that wouldn't prevent you from drafting both Gilden Stormstone (mounted) and Yoggo in the same army, right? I suppose you would need two copies of this dwarven warbear miniature to accomplish this, though.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old February 15th, 2023, 07:12 PM

Thanks guys, who doesn't love bears, right? (I was very close to naming the bear Yoggi. I still might. ) I'm looking forward to testing these out with the Gang of Four at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherDarkrai View Post
That being said, a small rules question. I know there's a rule preventing you from including two units with the same name in an army (so you wouldn't be able to draft both versions of Gilden Stormstone simultaneously), but that wouldn't prevent you from drafting both Gilden Stormstone (mounted) and Yoggo in the same army, right? I suppose you would need two copies of this dwarven warbear miniature to accomplish this, though.
I considered this possibility when I was designing the cards; very perceptive, TD. I decided I didn't have a problem with it because, as you say, it would require two copies of the mini. Also, I figured if a player wanted to draft both the mounted Gilden and Yoggo/Yoggi in the same army, one could imagine that Gilden is simply riding a different bear.
Old February 15th, 2023, 09:10 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
I've been working on some cards for a mini I picked up months ago that I thought would make for a cool Aquilla flagbearer:

The mini is designed to come apart as two separate minis, so I designed cards for them too:

@Sherman Davies , YES, YES, and YES to all three. I think it is safe to say that many of us have been wanting an Aquila Flag Bearer. In another recent thread that discussed this topic it was also a dwarf. My personal hope and desire was for Aquila’s Flag Bearer to be a dwarf. I really like your cards (all three) and feel they are pretty spot on right now. Great work as always. What is the mini that you are using?
Old February 16th, 2023, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormustang View Post
I really like your cards (all three) and feel they are pretty spot on right now. Great work as always. What is the mini that you are using?
Thanks, glad you like them! I haven't done any testing yet; I'm currently more confident in the point costs for Yoggo and the unmounted Gilden, whereas I suspect the mounted version might be fine with a bump to 150. The name of the mini is Kimathi Stormhollow. It's from a box set of minis called Death Saves: War of Dragons, but I bought mine as an individual mini on ebay. It doesn't come with the banner, I made mine using a bread twist tie.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; February 16th, 2023 at 10:00 AM.
Old February 16th, 2023, 11:32 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Very nice designs, Sherman

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 16th, 2023, 12:56 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormustang View Post
I really like your cards (all three) and feel they are pretty spot on right now. Great work as always. What is the mini that you are using?
Thanks, glad you like them! I haven't done any testing yet; I'm currently more confident in the point costs for Yoggo and the unmounted Gilden, whereas I suspect the mounted version might be fine with a bump to 150. The name of the mini is Kimathi Stormhollow. It's from a box set of minis called Death Saves: War of Dragons, but I bought mine as an individual mini on ebay. It doesn't come with the banner, I made mine using a bread twist tie.
@Sherman Davies I agree I think you are correct that the mounted Gilden needs to have a slight point cost bump whether you go with 150 or 145. I would also say that Yoggo’s life value seems better at 5 instead of 6. I know his defense value is lower than the mounted Gilden, but 6 is a strong life value at 80 points. Just a suggestion. Regardless, everything else seems just right. I have a 3D printer now and have a couple of proxy STL files that I am going to print out while I search for the minis you provided. I’ll do some play testing also and give you some feedback.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards