Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old October 19th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
That's still turn interruption. Let's say I choose to track Two-Face. After Two-Face takes a turn, before the Thugs take a turn, I'm taking a turn with Cat Man?
Or I'm tracking someone with frenzy. After they take a turn, before they roll for frenzy to see if they get to go again, I'm taking a turn?
No - doesn't work.
Wouldn't it work just like Robin's bonding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 19th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

What Bats said. When designing, a big red flag to look for that a design has too much of a turn interruption is when the design is "attacking" on an opponent's turn.
Old October 19th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Posting here for group consideration. This would hopefully be my next draft.

Shadow Thief (Carl Sands)

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Origins set. Its model number and name is 026/Shadow Thief.

NAME = Shadow Thief
SECRET IDENTITY = Carl Sands

SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Thief
PERSONALITY = Tricky
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 120?

DIMENSIOMETER

Start the game with a Shadow Marker on this card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may place or remove the Shadow Marker. While the Shadow Marker is on this card, Shadow Thief may not attack, be attacked or be targeted for the effects of any special powers and he can move through all figures and are never attacked when leaving an engagement. If Shadow Thief is the last figure in your army, immediately remove the Shadow Marker from his card and he may not use it for the rest of the game.

SHADOW THEFT
If Shadow Thief has a Shadow Marker on his card, and he moves through a figure with an Equipment Glyph, you may immediately place the Equipment Glyph on Shadow Thief's card.

I am tinkering with adding a line like this to the DIMENSIOMETER power:
"If Shadow Thief removes the Shadow Marker from his card at the start of his turn and he attacks a figure and does not cause any wounds, you may immediately place the Shadow Marker back on this card." That could be fun, and risky: "Do I want to attack this squad figure here, if I do kill him Superman can fly over and attack me."
Old October 19th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
...or if Balantai told you to fight me with everything you got ...
It's been a while since we've had some good verbal fisticuffs.
Old October 19th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I'm not against synergies based on class or species (as long as the class and species exist in all universes involved - we made very sure that there were Symbiotes in the DC universe before referencing them on Black Canary's card). I'm against referencing specific characters from a different universe.
I actually don't remember it happening this way. We looked to see if Symboites existed in DC so that there wouldn't be a theme break if we referenced them on the card. We found that they do exist, but they were so obscure, there was almost no chance that we would ever create a DC Symbiote. Overall, we decided it was okay to reference Symbiotes on Black Canary's card because they are all part of Superhero-scape. Not that this changes anything.
Old October 19th, 2010, 01:31 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post

Ooh, looks fun! More thieves are good, for my Ventriloquist ideas, hehe!

Being completely invincible MIGHT be a problem, because then he's a complete roadblock to opponent's figures, which I think would become his main use, which doesn't seem very thematic. He'd need to be worked out, but it's a good start, I think!
Old October 19th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:

Being completely invincible MIGHT be a problem, because then he's a complete roadblock to opponent's figures, which I think would become his main use, which doesn't seem very thematic. He'd need to be worked out, but it's a good start, I think!
What if I added a line where when the Shadow Marker is on his card, opponent figures could move through him and are not considered engaged to him? I do see what your saying.
Old October 19th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
That's still turn interruption. Let's say I choose to track Two-Face. After Two-Face takes a turn, before the Thugs take a turn, I'm taking a turn with Cat Man?
Or I'm tracking someone with frenzy. After they take a turn, before they roll for frenzy to see if they get to go again, I'm taking a turn?
No - doesn't work.
Wouldn't it work just like Robin's bonding?
No.
Taking a turn on your opponent's Order Marker and taking a turn on your Order Marker are very different.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 19th, 2010, 01:37 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What if I added a line where when the Shadow Marker is on his card, opponent figures could move through him and are not considered engaged to him? I do see what your saying.
That would help a bit, but opponent's figures still can't land ON his space, so he can just sit on glyphs and not allow anyone to grab them (Ooh, Wound glyph would be ridiculous ), or take a tactically good spot, like a mountain peak or something, and people simply can't go on there, then.

Maybe there could be a way to remove him from the game if his shadow marker is on, and then put him next to a friendly figure or something like that, so that way he's more "shadowy," and no one can see him.
Old October 19th, 2010, 01:40 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Quote:
I'm not against synergies based on class or species (as long as the class and species exist in all universes involved - we made very sure that there were Symbiotes in the DC universe before referencing them on Black Canary's card). I'm against referencing specific characters from a different universe.
I actually don't remember it happening this way. We looked to see if Symboites existed in DC so that there wouldn't be a theme break if we referenced them on the card. We found that they do exist, but they were so obscure, there was almost no chance that we would ever create a DC Symbiote. Overall, we decided it was okay to reference Symbiotes on Black Canary's card because they are all part of Superhero-scape. Not that this changes anything.
Hmm, your memory's sharper than mine here. The bolded part is the important part here, though, and is why a Symbiote reference works, but a DnD figure reference wouldn't.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 19th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Maybe there could be a way to remove him from the game if his shadow marker is on, and then put him next to a friendly figure or something like that, so that way he's more "shadowy," and no one can see him.
Something like what was done with Chronos would work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 19th, 2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Something like what was done with Chronos would work.
Griff was suggesting an idea like that here as well and I liked it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy