Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old April 19th, 2018, 03:12 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: HelmAverse Supers - TMNT

Just wanted to drop by and say again how revolutionary your take on the turtles is. Any time I think of a Unique Squad they pop into my head. May be the best, most thematic, well designed Unique Squad on the site or in the game. (Not that I've seen them all, but I believe anyone would hard pressed to top this.)

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old May 9th, 2018, 10:46 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Just wanted to drop by and say again how revolutionary your take on the turtles is. Any time I think of a Unique Squad they pop into my head. May be the best, most thematic, well designed Unique Squad on the site or in the game. (Not that I've seen them all, but I believe anyone would hard pressed to top this.)
Wow, that is incredibly flattering, especially considering the source. Thanks buddy, I am humbled by your comments. I hope you don't mind if I quote you on my original post?

I still need to capture good photos of the minis so that A3n has good images to work with on a card. Right now I'm swamped with work and double duty as a baseball coach. Two kids, two teams, too exhausting.

I promise I will be back here soon because my kids are getting the itch to play again. Of course the weather is finally starting to turn nice around here so an inside boardgames is not necessarily the first thing on my mind. With Infinity War being like Heroscape on the big screen, the pressure to set up a supers battle is building each day.
Old May 10th, 2018, 07:02 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Wow, that is incredibly flattering, especially considering the source. Thanks buddy, I am humbled by your comments. I hope you don't mind if I quote you on my original post?

I still need to capture good photos of the minis so that A3n has good images to work with on a card. Right now I'm swamped with work and double duty as a baseball coach. Two kids, two teams, too exhausting.

I promise I will be back here soon because my kids are getting the itch to play again. Of course the weather is finally starting to turn nice around here so an inside boardgames is not necessarily the first thing on my mind. With Infinity War being like Heroscape on the big screen, the pressure to set up a supers battle is building each day.
Old July 4th, 2018, 06:31 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I put my money where the mouth is.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old November 27th, 2018, 10:20 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Pffft... Pffft... that's me blowing the dust off of my Horoscope collection and this thread.
@Confred - You crazy little mutant lover. That's a pretty interesting attempt with the X-men card. I will never doubt you again.

So, here's what happened recently. Despite my ever expanding list of obligations, I was pressured by the kids recently to whip out a scape game. Helm, Jr had his buddy (we shall call J-Strikes) over and they finally thought it was time to introduce this glorious game to a newbie.

Although I was tired, I felt it was important to find something else for 15 year olds to do on the Saturday night before Thanksgiving other than play video games (not that there is anything really wrong with that, I'm an Atari 2600 child) or get into trouble with friends who are doing things they shouldn't be. Therefore, I decided to swallow the figurative little blue pill and get to building a four player kill em' all board that resembled a roadway in Florida.

Being that my memory is going in my advanced age, I cannot remember the exact 1000 point HelmAverse teams that were fielded but I did want J-Strikes to enjoy his first experience so I gave him Hasbro Cap, Hasbro Thanos, and Superman. Helm, Jr. had a Dr. Strange based army with Red Skull, Green Arrow, Luke Cage and Hawkeye. Lil'Helm took Flash (as always), Quicksilver, Batman, and Green Lantern. The one and only Matt Helm went with Darkseid, Lex Luthor, Merlyn the Magician, and Mr. Freeze.

Without even going into the details, it's a given that I lost. I tried to push J-Strikes into the scape pool by immediately attacking him with Darkseid and Author but Helm Jr's Dr. strange played with my army and hung Merlyn out to dry. He knew I was saving Merlyn to snipe Dr. Strange and Red Skull. Meanwhile, lil Helm lost his Flash to a dust of death, got angry and turned his whole army on this old bugger. Mr. Freeze never had a chance.

Eventually, it came down to Helm Jr. vs his buddy J-Strikes with Dr. Strange battling Superman but with newbie luck, Thanos was rejected by death and J-Strikes won his initiation battle.

As you've probably guessed he is now hooked. He spent many a waking moment sending Helm Jr. texts and chats begging to play again.
Old November 27th, 2018, 11:04 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Pffft... Pffft... that's me blowing the dust off of my Horoscope collection and this thread.
@Confred - You crazy little mutant lover. That's a pretty interesting attempt with the X-men card. I will never doubt you again.

So, here's what happened recently. Despite my ever expanding list of obligations, I was pressured by the kids recently to whip out a scape game. Helm, Jr had his buddy (we shall call J-Strikes) over and they finally thought it was time to introduce this glorious game to a newbie.

Although I was tired, I felt it was important to find something else for 15 year olds to do on the Saturday night before Thanksgiving other than play video games (not that there is anything really wrong with that, I'm an Atari 2600 child) or get into trouble with friends who are doing things they shouldn't be. Therefore, I decided to swallow the figurative little blue pill and get to building a four player kill em' all board that resembled a roadway in Florida.

Being that my memory is going in my advanced age, I cannot remember the exact 1000 point HelmAverse teams that were fielded but I did want J-Strikes to enjoy his first experience so I gave him Hasbro Cap, Hasbro Thanos, and Superman. Helm, Jr. had a Dr. Strange based army with Red Skull, Green Arrow, Luke Cage and Hawkeye. Lil'Helm took Flash (as always), Quicksilver, Batman, and Green Lantern. The one and only Matt Helm went with Darkseid, Lex Luthor, Merlyn the Magician, and Mr. Freeze.

Without even going into the details, it's a given that I lost. I tried to push J-Strikes into the scape pool by immediately attacking him with Darkseid and Author but Helm Jr's Dr. strange played with my army and hung Merlyn out to dry. He knew I was saving Merlyn to snipe Dr. Strange and Red Skull. Meanwhile, lil Helm lost his Flash to a dust of death, got angry and turned his whole army on this old bugger. Mr. Freeze never had a chance.

Eventually, it came down to Helm Jr. vs his buddy J-Strikes with Dr. Strange battling Superman but with newbie luck, Thanos was rejected by death and J-Strikes won his initiation battle.

As you've probably guessed he is now hooked. He spent many a waking moment sending Helm Jr. texts and chats begging to play again.
Great story. I've pulled three people into 'Scape through Tabletop Simulator recently, but I don't think they're ready for the glory that is in person plastic figurines

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old November 27th, 2018, 11:33 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Great battle. Always great when the newbie wins. Tried to get a friend to play and he lost. It took years to get him to play again.
Old November 28th, 2018, 09:27 PM
Captain Underpants

Newbie's winning on a tangible board is like when a toddler gets their first taste of apple juice. You cannot stop the sudden addiction to sugar.

After many texts/chats, and the canceling of other plans, we invited J-Strikes over to play another round of Heroscape on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. He was amazed at how different the experience could be with a change in terrain theme. This time we had a four way battle in and around a quinjet hanger. Using castle pieces on three sides and a rocky shore leading to water on the open fourth side, the structure surrounded a plastic toy quinjet (really large sight blocker). J-Strikes was impressed.

This time, Lil' Helm wanted Thanos, Ultron, Scarlet Witch and one squad of the Agents of SHIELD. Reigning champ J-Strikes decided to try out Jon Jonnz, Azrael, Wolverine and Merlyn. Yours truly fielded Namor, Iron Man, Silver Surfer and Nightcrawler. Helm, Jr. just couldn't go without Dr. Strange, his new favorite Luke Cage, Green Arrow, Red Skull and the Ninja Turtles (first time they were play-tested in such a large scale battle).

This game was crazy. J-Strikes was annoying Helm Jr. while I went after the very scary Ultron. Namor was wounded enough to bring some Imperious Rex damage to Thanos and Ultron (thanks to some switching around by Jr's Dr. Strange) but before I could heal him in water, Ultron took control and he was seemingly lost to me for the rest of the game. I then tried to rescue him by sending Iron Man after Ultron but Lil' Helm killed my IM with the traitorous Namor.

Eventually the Silver Surfer took out Ultron giving me back Namor who ran to the water to heal. Very quickly I lost the Surfer and was only left with Nightcrawler and Namor. Meanwhile Helm Jr. was tearing through some of J-Strikes team with Luke Cage who was supported by Green Arrow on high ground while the TMNT and Red Skull protecting the ladders.

Then came my first lucky streak in ages. Namor won a close one against Thanos and then ran the water to heal again. After wiping out Lil' Helm, I then surprised Helm Jr. by launching Namor from the water to crush Green Arrow. This spared J-Strikes temporarily allowing him to heal Wolverine. John Jonz and Azrael went down during some mayhem and before Power Man and Namor ended up locking horns, Nightcrawler surprised Red Skull and took him out with some amazing Bamf moves.

When most of the dust settled, Wolverine was destroyed and it was Matt vs Junior. Luke Cage took out Namor but was left with 1 life. Nightcrawler swept in and Bamf'd him out of the game leaving him and 3 turtles in the grand finally.

Unfortunately for Jr. the turtles were on a catwalk at the top of the castle wall too high to risk falling damage. One by one Nightcrawler would bamf them off the wall and take them out. With two life left Nightcrawler beat the last turtle and Big Daddy Helm was the winner for the first time in ages.

It was glorious and I should have retired. All of us were very happy with how the Turtles played and everyone wants to use them next. I ended up taking photos of them which I can send to @A3n if he still has Photoshop and is willing to make the card. If not, I completely understand.

The next day Lil' Helm fielded them in a one on one battle against me used to playtest the X-Men I've been working on forever. Wonderman and Deadpool were taken down by the beta versions of Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm but two turtles survived for a Lil' Helm victory.

I did learn several things over the last two weeks:
1) The 3 X-men just aren't quite ready. They are close and I hope to finish them real soon.
2) Flash and Quicksilver could use a slight edit to wording, especially since my kids want me to design more speedsters
3) Lex Luthor could use a slight upgrade to make him more useful. That should be done soon, too.
4) J-Strikes is hooked. Even when he got beat pretty bad in his second game, he wants to play a whole lot more.
5) I love this game... and the Heroscaper community that helped me get into the Superscape custom world.

Last edited by Matt Helm; November 29th, 2018 at 12:13 AM.
Old November 29th, 2018, 01:28 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Hey mate, nice to hear from you. Hope all is good in the Helm household.

I don't have Photoshop anymore sadly but I will try other means & let you know.
Old November 29th, 2018, 07:52 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Sounds like a great game.
I bet if you inquire over in C3G land, someone could help you out.
We would still love to have you work on something for the 10th anniversary.
Old December 1st, 2018, 01:05 AM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Hey mate, nice to hear from you. Hope all is good in the Helm household.

I don't have Photoshop anymore sadly but I will try other means & let you know.
All's good on this side of the globe. It's been a long time since I hung around here but luckily my time is monopolized by good things these days. The family is growing up and feeling good. I hope the A3n crew are doing great as well.

As for your photoshop, that sounds like a story I need to catch up on. I thought I read you lost it but unlike virginity, i thought it was temporarily lost. I guess there's more to it then I imagined.

I'm guessing that means you wouldn't be able to easily update the wording on older cards that were created in photoshop. Ah well, I've been spoiled all this time you've been awesome. Maybe I should download GIMP for Mac and try to see if I can do one of these myself. Would I be able to utilize templates that you created in a program other than Photoshop?

If not, maybe Tornado's suggestion of looking for help from others in the C3G art team might be the way to go. I know Japes offered but I would hate to ask for help when they are so busy pumping out cards for the entire community. Besides... sniff... sniff... I might cry if I had to create life with another partner.

So, what happened buddy? Was your computer confiscated by a government raid? Did a hacker plant a virus that fried your motherboard? Did space aliens contact you through the web and then beam up your hard drive in an attempt to probe your... business?

Seriously though, I do hope all is well with you and the gang. Do the boys still play with you? Or are they too busy with friends at this point?
Old December 8th, 2018, 04:25 PM
Captain Underpants

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES

TURTLE
UNIQUE SQUAD
NINJA
SAVAGE
MEDIUM 4

LIFE: 1
MOVE: 6
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 4
DEFENSE: 3

NINJUTSU SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2 + Special
When a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle attacks with his Ninjutsu Special Attack, he may attack 1 additional time. If the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle attacks the same figure with both attacks, add X number of dice to the second attack. X equals the number of skulls rolled in the first attack.

HALF-SHELL DEFENSE
When a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle rolls defense dice, one shield will block all damage.

PHANTOM WALK
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles can move through all figures and are never attacked when leaving an engagement.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The squad has play tested real well and I think they are ready to go. I'm reposting so they don't get lost. I've uploaded individual pics of each turtle at different angles in the Gallery.

Knowing that my bud no longer has photoshop, if it's easy enough to use Gimp (or any other recommendation) on a Mac, I can try and give it a go myself. It could be fun. Do A3n's templates work in Gimp? Are they available for public use?

Now the updates for existing cards may be an even bigger challenge as I don't know if they are editable in a different program other than photoshop.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations