Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old February 23rd, 2007, 09:47 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Quote:
I'd definitely give BL a try if I'm lucky enough to find someone who has a copy and wants to teach me.
*hint hint*
*checks travelocity rates for tickets to CA*
Seriously think on this when you finish school! Visit Northern California! The NorCal group would love to meet the infamous Nether (and Oogie)!
We might, might be going on a road trip in 2 weeks for Spring Break to Texas. Its still up in the air. Oogiezone is likely going to get screwed over at work and have to work, even though she requested it off...

If that happens (we find out on Monday) I am hoping it will get warm enough for my to break out the Beemer and cruise on down that way...maybe I can get my Ironbutt Certificate for Riding over 1000 miles in 24 hours. I missed it last time when I came home from Texas on the bike because of a HUGE detour that took like 4 hours to go around, it was ridiculous. A train derailed and the overpass collapsed. Going 5 miles an hour for 4 hours in 90 degree summer sucks!

If I go to Texas, maybe I can find the funds to make it a longer trip and come up to NORCAL.

Its all likely wishful thinking though...hopefully my tax return comes soon...
Old February 23rd, 2007, 10:15 PM

Dreaded Gazebo has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by hextr1p
I did get several people addiction to "Killer Bunnies." But that was even a tough one! As I was explaining the game, I kept having to assure them that once we start to play, all this nonsense will make sense! /end rant
That's because Killer Bunnies is crap Get something extremely simple like Bohnanza, Category 5 (Tag 6, whatever you want to call it), Tsuro or Kingdoms. All of these games are far easier to explain than Killer Bunnies and arguably far more fun as well For something with a little more meat but still easy to explain, Alhambra and Ticket to Ride are great picks. Even Pirate's Cove is a little involved to explain. Gotta soften them up with something else first!
Old February 23rd, 2007, 10:25 PM

feekonea has disabled reputation
Hey guys, when I first read about Battlelore, and heard it was $70 I was like NO WAY. But today, when I checked this section and saw that this thing was 30 pages long, I decieded to check it out a little more. So I went toboardgameswithscott.com and after seeing his review, I was in aw. This game looks awesome, 70 bucks or not. And after seeing that he gave it an A+ it definetly hooked on me. So Im here asking if the main gameplay (the stuff scott doesnt cover in the video) is actually worth the extra money in my pocket. I also had a question about the Rogue and Mage and the "heros", are they actual figures, or are they just for the bonuses? Thanks for the help.

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old February 23rd, 2007, 10:32 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by feekonea
Hey guys, when I first read about Battlelore, and heard it was $70 I was like NO WAY. But today, when I checked this section and saw that this thing was 30 pages long, I decieded to check it out a little more. So I went to boardgameswithscott.com and after seeing his review, I was in aw. This game looks awesome, 70 bucks or not. And after seeing that he gave it an A+ it definetly hooked on me. So Im here asking if the main gameplay (the stuff scott doesnt cover in the video) is actually worth the extra money in my pocket. I also had a question about the Rogue and Mage and the "heros", are they actual figures, or are they just for the bonuses? Thanks for the help.
If you do some digging you could probably get it for less than $70 online.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 10:37 PM

feekonea has disabled reputation
ya I actually found it for 60 includingg shipping, but ugh, so much money for a Teenager who isnt old enough to drive or hold down a job yet.

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old February 23rd, 2007, 10:38 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising
Quote:
Originally Posted by feekonea
Hey guys, when I first read about Battlelore, and heard it was $70 I was like NO WAY. But today, when I checked this section and saw that this thing was 30 pages long, I decieded to check it out a little more. So I went to boardgameswithscott.com and after seeing his review, I was in aw. This game looks awesome, 70 bucks or not. And after seeing that he gave it an A+ it definetly hooked on me. So Im here asking if the main gameplay (the stuff scott doesnt cover in the video) is actually worth the extra money in my pocket. I also had a question about the Rogue and Mage and the "heros", are they actual figures, or are they just for the bonuses? Thanks for the help.
If you do some digging you could probably get it for less than $70 online.
Most online stores have it for $50. If you get it from www.thoughthammer.com they have have $8 flat rate shipping on any orders under $125. Over $125 and shipping is free...

I have ordered from there before and they are my first choice to order games from now. They are nice with fast shipping and great customer service.
Old February 24th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Site Admin

Woah, talk about awesomely fast service my Earth Elemental shipped this morning (on a Saturday!)
Old February 24th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Quote:

I am a gamer, not just a Heroscaper. I like all kinds of games, so with all the buzz about this game I had to get it
I totally understand. I wasn't ribbing you or anything. It's tough for me to commit any other time (or $$$) to another miniatures game.
If I was to make more time for other miniatures games, I'd be all over Space Hulk or Space Crusade - and I own both already.

But it's real tough for any other game to compete with me for Heroscape's positives: 3-d terrain, pre-painted figures, affordable, simple, no deck of cards to shuffle or hold (okay that's a minor gripe and could be lumped into the simplicity aspect), and figures that may at times look like undead Minutemen, but come out of the package standing straight and without any modfications in order to play!

I'd definitely give BL a try if I'm lucky enough to find someone who has a copy and wants to teach me.
*hint hint*
HEH I can definitley understand your love for all things Scape. I have those same exact feelings. As for BattleLore though....while it is a bit of a time investment initially to learn it's a very quick game to play. Set up and a full game will take you less than 1 hour. And as for money...sure there are expansions coming out, but even my OCD brain sees that one box is enough for this game. There's no way it's going to cost hundreds of dollars each year like Scape does.

And I was wondering....are you going to be coming to GenCon? If you are I'd love to teach you this game.
Old February 24th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Woah, talk about awesomely fast service my Earth Elemental shipped this morning (on a Saturday!)
It already arrived?!?!?! Was it UPS or USPS?
Old February 24th, 2007, 11:46 AM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
For those of you still looking for a good deal,
www.thewarstore.com

$52 for the game
$57 for game + hill giant promo fig

$4 flat shipping rate.

EDIT: Broken Link
Old February 24th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
Quote:
It already arrived?!?!?! Was it UPS or USPS?
No it just shipped today. I imagine it will be here early next week. I think they ship USPS.
Old February 24th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

Ah, OK. I just checked and my notice of shipping arrived today too.

Frankly it will be awhile before I'm ready to play with creatures though. There's a LOT to learn still.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games