Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old February 18th, 2015, 06:10 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

After much preparation, I finally began a fan scenario C&C Napoleonics Epic Waterloo. Since the official 'Epic' Waterloo Expansion ('Grande Bataille') will not be out for another six months or more, this allows you to play with the British and Prussians against the French in a historical mode. Actually I played two thirds of it with two live opponents, and will be finishing the rest by myself. See my upcoming session report on bgg for the details.
Old February 18th, 2015, 09:16 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
a Santa-themed version of Love Letter. I forget the name.
Letters to Santa.

Quote:
Then I played St. Petersburg. It's an interesting Euro game that involved buying the right cards at the right time to get money and victory points.
That describes a lot of games.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old February 18th, 2015, 11:10 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Tonight I played four games. First was a Santa-themed version of Love Letter. I forget the name. It was fun, and I won.
I've been joking about Letters to Santa with my local play group for a little while now. I still haven't played it, but I will often bring out Love Letter as a little filler game to do between other games.

In the original game, the theme is that you are a suitor passing your love letter between people (playing a card represents that person giving your love letter to the other card in your hand), where you ultimately want it to end to the person closest to the princess (the highest number) so she receives it and you gain her affection. The princess herself is the highest number, and you lose if you discard her because she gets all upset if you tell her to give someone else the love letter meant for her and throws the missive into the fire.

While this theme works for a petulant princess, if Letters to Santa is just a re-skinned Love Letter, I really must wonder why Santa is so fickle.
Old February 18th, 2015, 03:00 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

We beat Vampire Lord Wu-Feng (relatively easy incarnation) in Ghost Stories today on normal mode. Tense game in which we thought we had no chance multiple times.

Set up a large scale Rivet Wars map for tomorrow using all of the Kickstarter units. Looking forward to it.
Old February 18th, 2015, 03:12 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I forgot to include this in my last post. That post was about Tuesday night. On Monday, I played three games of King of New York that went pretty quickly. Then I played a nine hour game of Prophecy. The game normally takes three or four hours, sometimes five. But this one went on for nine hours. We started at 8PM and ended at 5 in the morning. At least I won!

Old February 18th, 2015, 03:48 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
In the original game, the theme is that you are a suitor passing your love letter between people (playing a card represents that person giving your love letter to the other card in your hand), where you ultimately want it to end to the person closest to the princess (the highest number) so she receives it and you gain her affection. The princess herself is the highest number, and you lose if you discard her because she gets all upset if you tell her to give someone else the love letter meant for her and throws the missive into the fire.

While this theme works for a petulant princess, if Letters to Santa is just a re-skinned Love Letter, I really must wonder why Santa is so fickle.
That reasoning doesn't work for Santa because that isn't the way it is explained in the rules. I don't know where you came up with that, but the bolded parts are not the official backstory. What the rules say is "During the game, you hold one secret card in your hand. This is who currently carries your message of love for the princess.

Make sure that the person closest to the princess holds your love letter at the end of the day, so it reaches her first!
While the passing off of the letter to the card in your hand may make sense, somebody outside of the development of the game made that part up.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old February 18th, 2015, 04:44 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Hopefully playing Dead of Winter and Race for the Galaxy tonight. That is if any of my game group makes it out .... *fingers crossed*

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 18th, 2015, 05:07 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Hopefully playing Dead of Winter and Race for the Galaxy tonight. That is if any of my game group makes it out .... *fingers crossed*
Story of my life. We used to have fairly regular game days, until everyone stopped coming.
Old February 18th, 2015, 05:08 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

When you burn this bright, sometimes folks can't take the heat.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 18th, 2015, 05:35 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Story of my life. We used to have fairly regular game days, until everyone stopped coming.

Well a shower now and again might change that

C'mon LP, Wisconsin is supposed to be pretty big for gaming. Maybe hunting season, ice fishing and snowmobiling is taking over this time of year

Quote:
When you burn this bright, sometimes folks can't take the heat.
Oh I imagine there's something burning, maybe last night's burritos? That's some heat a lot of people don't want to deal with

Anyway, hopefully you'll get your games played. I'm not really a fan of Race, but do really like Dead of Winter.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 18th, 2015, 05:52 PM

GhostManQ Woo who?

I been playing heroscape does anyone else still play?
Old February 18th, 2015, 06:00 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Never heard of it. Could you link to the BGG page?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games