Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old February 2nd, 2015, 11:43 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Public Design Post

Here's where I'm at right now for Spidey. I also combined SB Monitoring and SB Networking into one power, though I would still like to see someone come up with a cool lurker-esque placement ability as previously mentioned.

Also in regard to the range boost not being thematic here's a comic panel showing him stabbing three hand ninjas who were out of reach, and punching one who was right next to him. BTW hand ninjas turn to dust when they die

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!

Last edited by laughing matter; February 3rd, 2015 at 08:15 AM.
Old February 3rd, 2015, 02:42 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Way too many powers. It definitely needs some trimming down.
Old February 3rd, 2015, 03:22 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

4 skull deadly strike?! That's waaay too powerful. Web Slinger and the atack bit of Superiority Complex are just pointless too, you're almost always going to want the deadly strike over them. That's not even in the same ball park, deadly strike is a crazy good power, epespecialy with double (or more) attack behind it. I really don't think Dok Spider deserves to be in the 900 point range, he needs some serious toning down.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 3rd, 2015, 08:12 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

forgot to remove web slinger, but it was late, and I was pretty exhausted. Fixed

EDIT: also fixed the deadly strike problem

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old February 3rd, 2015, 08:56 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post

SUPERIORITY COMPLEX
Spider-Man may attack one additional time for each opponent's within 4 clear sight spaces, up to a maximum of 4 attacks. Roll 1 additional die when attacking and 1 fewer die when defending with Spider-Man for each figure he is engaged with.
Personally I think Superiority Complex is the key element here and should be the focus. Original Spidey Sense and Web swing combined with that would be great. From what I hear what we are going for is a Ruthless Spider-Man with appendages to allow for multiple attacks but he gets tripped up because, well, he's not spidey.

Maybe something similar to Daredevil's Man without Fear power with some penalty similar to what you have.

Quote:
MAN WITHOUT FEAR
Daredevil may attack any or all figures adjacent to him. Roll each attack separately. Add 1 to Daredevil's attack dice for each enemy figure adjacent to Daredevil.
I also come back to Huntress and her combo of

Quote:
RECKLESS ENGAGEMENT
If Huntress is not adjacent to any friendly figures and is engaged with at least one enemy figure, add 1 to her normal attack and subtract 1 from her defense.

RUTHLESS COUNTER STRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, if Huntress is not destroyed by this attack, all skulls rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
and my last idea for awhile...since the penalty in Superiority Complex won't really be a big deal until you miss the Spidey Sense roll how about instead of the penalty like normal maybe just upping the Spidey Sence roll to account for this.

Maybe something like this...?

Quote:
Spidey Sense 11 or 12

Superiority Complex
Spider-Man may attack one additional time for each opponent's within 2 clear sight spaces, up to a maximum of 4 attacks. Add 1 to Spider-Man's attack dice for each enemy figure adjacent to Spider-Man.

Web Swing 2

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 3rd, 2015, 10:38 AM
Never Forgets

I don't really want to remove the penalty from Superiority Complex, because it's a very cool, reusable ability, and it's a big deal on other cards. Also it's still a big deal on Spidey if he doesn't hit the roll on Spidey Sense.

Old February 3rd, 2015, 10:45 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I don't really want to remove the penalty from Superiority Complex, because it's a very cool, reusable ability, and it's a big deal on other cards. Also it's still a big deal on Spidey if he doesn't hit the roll on Spidey Sense.
The name kind of limits it to reuse. If you want to use it for future designs you can change the name and add the penalty back in.

I love the name (Superiority Complex) for this figure though and think what ever power it ends up with it should have this name...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 3rd, 2015, 10:49 AM
A Man of Taste

Actually I had another thought...

Keep Spidey Sense at 9 (or change it to 11 for further delineation) and change to the following...

Superiority Complex
Spider-Man may attack one additional time for each opponent's within 2 clear sight spaces, up to a maximum of 4 attacks. Add 1 to Spider-Man's attack dice for each enemy figure adjacent to Spider-Man. Subtract 1 from Spider Sense roll for each figure he is engaged with.

Old February 3rd, 2015, 10:54 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Actually I had another thought...

Keep Spidey Sense at 9 (or change it to 11 for further delineation) and change to the following...

Superiority Complex
Spider-Man may attack one additional time for each opponent's within 2 clear sight spaces, up to a maximum of 4 attacks. Add 1 to Spider-Man's attack dice for each enemy figure adjacent to Spider-Man. Subtract 1 from Spider Sense roll for each figure he is engaged with.
I was just about to suggest the same thing, I think subtracting from his Spidey-Senses roll would be a very cool way of doing a penalty.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old February 3rd, 2015, 10:56 AM
Never Forgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
The name kind of limits it to reuse. If you want to use it for future designs you can change the name and add the penalty back in.

I love the name (Superiority Complex) for this figure though and think what ever power it ends up with it should have this name...
I think it's versatile enough to reuse, and it's not like every other figure needs this type of ability, but I could definitely see one or two other figures having it.

I agree though, I love the name for this figure!

Old February 3rd, 2015, 06:58 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I did know you had Evil Ernie drafted and mostly posted that design to spark some ideas, since I had made an Ernie mini for myself. BTW I love Evil Ernie! It's definitely a comic I'd recommend.
I must see this mini! Pics, man! Still haven't found a good way to make him myself!
And sorry, but I doubt I'll give up my chaos design at the moment, at least. I have some very solid ideas for Ernie already!
Old February 3rd, 2015, 07:21 PM
Never Forgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
I did know you had Evil Ernie drafted and mostly posted that design to spark some ideas, since I had made an Ernie mini for myself. BTW I love Evil Ernie! It's definitely a comic I'd recommend.
I must see this mini! Pics, man! Still haven't found a good way to make him myself!
And sorry, but I doubt I'll give up my chaos design at the moment, at least. I have some very solid ideas for Ernie already!
I don't care if you give it up, in fact keep him! I just want to see him on my heroscape board! Sooner rather than later!

I don't have pics right now, but here's the list of figures I used. The only issue is the skeleton, who's a bit rare, also about 2-3 bucks, so a bit pricey for a tiny plastic man.

this torso
skeleton - horrorclix base set

these legs and hands
sabretooth - ultimates

these arms and head
Joker - hypertime

and this hair
Thorn - flash set

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy